• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v. France 10 Nov 2012 Stade de France, Paris

Who will be victorious in Paris

• The Frogs

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • The Wobs

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rugby will be the real winner

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

I like that this is the first game of the tour as we have a good record against the French and I'm expecting us to get up. This could provide us with some good momentum going into the game at Twickers.

My line up would be as follows:-

1.Robinson
2.TPN
3.Kepu
4.Sharpe
5.Douglas
6.Dennis
7.Hooper
8.Palu
9.Phipps
10.Beale
11.Ioane
12.McCabe
13.AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14.Mitchell
15.Harris

16.Moore
17.Slipper
18.Timani
19.Samo
20.Pocock
21.Sheehan
22.Taps

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I like the team apart from Samo and Timani on the bench. I think they can cover the same sort of thing and it would be better to have a speedster on the bench.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Taps and Cummins in the starting team Mitchell has donw nothing to warrent selection the other 2 helped save deans job.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I chose AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Mitchell as both have a history of performing well at Stade de France. I agree there's definitely an argument to let Cummins keep his spot (i was impressed with his performance against the blecks, i like the kid's mongrel). For me, at the end of the day if Mitchell is actually fully fit, in my opinion, he trumps cummins for skill and experience, and he's a world class finisher. It's not like cummins has been scoring tries for the wallabies scored a try for the wallabies .

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Taps and Cummins in the starting team Mitchell has donw nothing to warrent selection the other 2 helped save deans job.

Is there a chance of discussing the game without BS about deans & putting crap on people?

I think Drew should be at home rehabbing but let's face it the guy has done a lot of that recently. Cummins shows mongrel & determination but he isn't setting the world on fire. I haven't real call on it but ifDrew is close to 100% then I want him & Ioane out there together.

We need to stick by Taps. Massive upside to the kid, put him at 12 and leave him their.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is there a chance of discussing the game without BS about deans & putting crap on people?

I think Drew should be at home rehabbing but let's face it the guy has done a lot of that recently. Cummins shows mongrel & determination but he isn't setting the world on fire. I haven't real call on it but ifDrew is close to 100% then I want him & Ioane out there together.

We need to stick by Taps. Massive upside to the kid, put him at 12 and leave him their.

Hold up. My comment had nothing to do with puttibg crap on people. All i said was that those to players have played a big part in the turn around the last couple of weeks which i dont care what you say saved deans job.

To drop them and replace them with a player who you rightly point out should not be there but should be doing his rehab would be a massive slap in the face to those players. And would prove we have learnt nothing the from thos year.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Sorry, Imisinterpreted your comment. Sick of deans speculation. He's coach, no one saved his job. He coached a team that didn't lose. Apologies if it seemed harsh but his job situation has dominated so much match discussion this year thought we could havea thread without it.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Wouldn't be suprised if we see Timani at 6 again. Dave Dennis isn't up to it, and with Palu at 8 we can't play Pocock there.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
While Timani apparently hasn't caught a lineout ball, he has at least been lifted before. An EOYT is probably not the best place to do it but surely he could be taught to jump properly as well

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just don't play Timani in the backrow when Hooper and Pocock are on. 3 jumpers are fine and Palu is jumper.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He's fine in the lineout, would be good at the front getting in front of people because of his size.

Could always do this again!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So today I saw the Wallabies train out at Leichardt.

From what I could tell is that Beale will play at 10, which Robbie confirmed is the plan for the 4 tests.
McCabe and Digby had slight injury niggles so didn't do too much. Barnes filled in at 12 when McCabe was out.
The rotated the backline around for some plays so can't say for sure who 11/14/15 will be with Mitchell, Ashley-Cooper, Cummins and Harris all stepping in at various times. Tapuai looks to be 13.

The forwards did mostly line out work and scrumming on the far side of the field so can't give you too much there.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just don't play Timani in the backrow when Hooper and Pocock are on. 3 jumpers are fine and Palu is jumper.

I don't think you could play Timani at all if Hooper and Pocock are on at the same time.

Would only leave 2 jumpers.

Timani really needs to learn how to catch in the lineout.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah I meant that, he shouldn't be on when those 2 are on.

So I'd start Timani with Sharpe. Dennis/Hooper/Palu. Douglas on for Timani and Pocock on for Dennis or Palu.

Status
Not open for further replies.