• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby's greatest day of shame....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Gallen gets a show cause hearing if he wants it, as I understand it: its impossible to find all the rules and regs that govern the situation.
It had one great advantage: speed.
The speed of decision put the ball straight back in Gallen's court and the media then got onto worrying about Watmough leaving Manly.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Gallen gets a show cause hearing if he wants it, as I understand it: its impossible to find all the rules and regs that govern the situation.
It had one great advantage: speed.
The speed of decision put the ball straight back in Gallen's court and the media then got onto worrying about Watmough leaving Manly.

What do you make of the resignation of the judiciary chairman over the matter saying "I have never witnessed a penalty more disproportionate to the offending conduct than that dealt out to Paul Gallen."

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
What do you make of the resignation of the judiciary chairman over the matter saying "I have never witnessed a penalty more disproportionate to the offending conduct than that dealt out to Paul Gallen."

On the surface a very honourable thing to do, I guess: but when you think about it if he was independent and felt he was free to make his own decision then he wouldn't need to resign.
Bit odd.
Suggests there may some friction in the camp.
shows how independent the ARU tribunal was.

T

Train Without a Station

TWAS was being sarcastic. He likes Pulver.

Like is a strong word.

I just defending him because people like making baseless claims of his competence.

People claim he is part of the old guard and is out of touch. Then people complain that he has marginalised the Shute shield clubs for the sake of the NRC. I'd argue that you cannot be both, as the old guard is the clubs.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
main-qimg-95cc9e74e2acb8664bf09520c480cdb5

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Actually, I have switched entirely to the Nova Peris-Thighbone scandal in the Northern Territory - it's far more salacious and naughty than this 'Beale Thing'...

She is not going to tour Europe, either.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Like is a strong word.

I just defending him because people like making baseless claims of his competence.

People claim he is part of the old guard and is out of touch. Then people complain that he has marginalised the Shute shield clubs for the sake of the NRC. I'd argue that you cannot be both, as the old guard is the clubs.

If so, then what is the new guard and where does it plan to get its cannon fodder from?

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Lots of speculation here, so mods please disappear if required..

What Pulver hopes happens
ARU doesn't offer Beale a new contract for next year, or one that's so low low he accepts an offer from overseas. They settle with Patston. The EOYT results are good and the build up for the World Cup next year deflects all attention away.

What he doesn't want to happen
Belae gets called up after Izzy gets injured against the Barbarians. Beale plays pretty well but despite this the Wallabies lose all games on the EoYT. Based on this, Cheika convinces the ARU to offer a decent contract and everytime Beale plays anywhere in Australia except for Sydney he gets booed by the crowd. Calls for boycotts start happening. Attendance for TRC drops significantly. The identity of the 2nd messenger comes out just before the WC, and it's a very high profile member of the team which somehow also drags Cheika into the fold. Because of all the distractions, the Wallabies have a shock loss to Fiji, lose to Wales and England and don't make it out of the group.

Soon after, the ARU requires a new Board, CEO, coach, major sponsor and not long after are insolvent.

That's the problem with drinking too much rum before you go to sleep... it produces the worst nightmares imaginable, and then you up chuck,

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyways..............

The ARU have fined Beale $3000 for the mid-air argument and declared the case closed.

The End.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.