• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My predictions of today's results were predicated on fine conditions.

Anything can and will happen in the slop.

Gotta love this game.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
9c43557567c49d837707e686958acc54.jpg

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
FT: ACT 12 def. CS 10

The Sth East corner resembles a Centennial Park duck pond. Piggies in their element. Baton-twirlers not so much!

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
If am doing my maths correctly, I have it that despite the CS loss today, CS will pick up a loss by <7 BP, finish with the same W's (1) -L's (2) as ACT, but above ACT (on BP's) in Div.1 Pool A.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The south-east corner resembles a Centennial Park duck pond.

Iggies may have the accommodation facilities close to the playing fields but a bit of water on those fields can make them bloody difficult to play on. I well recall a game in 2006 when a lad in my son's team was at serious risk of drowning when playing at View. When the surface turns to mud maybe the organisers should move matches to Hunters Hill, grounds over there stand up extremely well in wet weather. And it's close enough to do. Or possibly Shore. Maybe King's should get a shot at hosting the tournament, plenty of beds near a couple of playing fields.

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
On the centres, I don't think the ACT 12 (Pulefale) and 13 offer enough in terms of ball playing to have them both in the centres, Pulefale will likely be nominated due to incumbency.

I've not managed to see the ACT play yet, but one of the VIC centres is very good, and for me Taukomo at 12 is impressive, he takes 3 defenders to stop him which creates space for the wingers to run, and close to the line he's unstoppable.

OAUI

Allen Oxlade (6)
It was only discussed early in the week that both the White Oval and SJC # 1 quality surfaces that this competition deserves compared to what Riv are offering up. Fair to say SIC main oval wouldn't recover to well from the heavy weeks use if it was used.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
NSW 12 QLD 2 0
Try scorers no.11 and no.21. 2nd try converted by no.10.

A very difficult game in muddy wet conditions. Lots of slippery ball, hospital passes and handling errors and turnovers by NSW again.
QLD did very very well and low scoreline reflects how well Qld did. Unlucky not to score as plenty of time spent at NSW end.
Hard to pick numbers as their shirts were white and red shirts with white numbers covered in mud....

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
NSW I meet NSW II in the final on Saturday.

NSW I unbeaten - NSW II thanks to their bonus point loss to Qld I - by 6 points and not 8.

Kapow

Frank Row (1)
A huge Congrats goes out to our Vic School boys U18's team who have made it through this week playing Rugby at St Ignatius College ASRU SCHOOL BOYS:) These amazing young men will be playing for 3rd or 4th spot against COMBINED STATES on Saturday. You all should be proud of what you all have achieved this week because I know that us as parents are proud of you - for me personally I have seen so many of you boys grow & develop into such talented players & whatever happens on Saturday just remember that you are all blessed with something specialchase your dreams and never give upREPRESENT BOYS not just for yourselves but your family,friends & everyone else that has supported you over the yearsrest up and will see you all on Saturday

Crackerjack

Bill Watson (15)
What are the playoffs on Sat?

I'll defer to @HJ for any final word, but I have it that Saturday's Finals for Div1 look like this:

09:00 Shield Final (for 7th): ACT v WA
10:15 Bowl Final (for 5th): QLD2 v QLD1
11:30 Plate Final (for 3rd): CS v Vic
12:45 Championship Final (for chocolates, etc.): NSW1 v NSW2

And as per the sideline chatter today, the mud-racing track of today's games will be returned tmrw to Iggies ground-keepers' repair to be ready for the resumption of Iggies' Term 3 soccer, and the Saturday ASRU Finals will instead be played on Iggies usual No.1 Rugby Oval, closer to the BBQ :)

sidesteppa

Watty Friend (18)
Iggies may have the accommodation facilities close to the playing fields but a bit of water on those fields can make them bloody difficult to play on. I well recall a game in 2006 when a lad in my son's team was at serious risk of drowning when playing at View. When the surface turns to mud maybe the organisers should move matches to Hunters Hill, grounds over there stand up extremely well in wet weather. And it's close enough to do. Or possibly Shore. Maybe King's should get a shot at hosting the tournament, plenty of beds near a couple of playing fields.

In case anyone didn't see, this little clip is what it was like around midday today..

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Wait, so we have the two NSW squads playing off in the final and Vic and CS in the 3rd/4th place game. Where have the QLD teams ended up and have either the Vic or more surprisingly the CS boys finished above either of them before?

Bob_the_Builder

Frank Row (1)
QLDI got third in pool B (with 9 points) where as QLDII got third in pool A (with 5 points). Vic finish 1st equal with NSW11 in pool B with 10 points but was second on the ladder as they lost in the head to head. As far as I'm aware Vic has never beaten QLD1 since their introduction into Division 1. Its great to see rugby becoming more competitive between the states.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
In Div II - what is the link between the Northern Beaches and Tassie? i recognize a couple of the Tassie lads as Warringah players.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone got a copy of the program to put jumper numbers to Players?
Post a photo of the pages here or send me via a "conversation" and we can discuss how to get the accurate team lists on this thread.

Also any player changes? Who has been called up from shadows?

Status
Not open for further replies.