• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys / Under 18s 2019

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I know there are a few against picking the league boys, but Jack Howarth is one that should be given a shot. I like to think that by getting experience within the Aussie Schools Rugby setup, they will be more inclined to return to rugby. Still only 16 or 17 and likely to stick around for BBC next year before heading to the Storm.

The lads have played a couple of good games, Friday’s game against NZ should be a cracker.

As a point of interest, his sister just played in the State Champs for girls 7s.

B

Bobby Sands

Australia just absolutely robbed of a 90m try by our hooker on HT.

He scored it, and the referee said he knocked on with no video. Genuine shambles.

12-0 Australia.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
Australia up 12-0 at HT with a try disallowed on the bell. On top in most areas except lineouts where we've lost at least three on our throw

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Our outside backs look dangerous. Koula ran ~10.5 second 100 in the recent NSW GPS athletics championship and Sua'ali'i is a carbon copy of Folau.

B

Bobby Sands

Alot of different things said about Pasitoa on these board - he is proving today why all good pundits in QLD rate him as one of the best schoolboy 10s in a while.

B

Bobby Sands

"We are watching today a very good Australian team."

Kiwi commentators.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Its not over. But it is so great to see a Australian schools forward pack taking it to the kiwis and a back line that is strong defensively and has speed and talent..

B

Bobby Sands

The output from QLD schools in the last 3-4 years has been insane. Let’s hope it translates to the Reds and Wallabies in a couple of years time.

I think its always been pretty good, but we are now just connecting better with the professional Unions. It also helps that our year 12s are getting closer to being 18 on average, rather than 17. QLD has always played NSW where our players are an entire year younger.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
R
Its not over. But it is so great to see a Australian schools forward pack taking it to the kiwis and a back line that is strong defensively and has speed and talent..
Rod,

Billy P. was very hardly done by, got the feeling that other forces tried their best for NZ, but the better side won.