• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Battle of the form teams: Reds vs Stormers Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Spook said:
Ok so the TMO is infallible and the touch judge and ref are not :lmao: You are now criticising the refs. Looked like a try for mine (Genia confirmed that he got it down - are you calling him a liar?) and Habana wouldn't have made it.
Genia conformation , fuck me, so you think the TMO and all the Aus commentators are liars? There was no evidense from all angles, so no try and vokken stop putting words out on my behalf. Have to know better then replying to your kak anyway.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
PaarlBok said:
Spook said:
Ok so the TMO is infallible and the touch judge and ref are not :lmao: You are now criticising the refs. Looked like a try for mine (Genia confirmed that he got it down - are you calling him a liar?) and Habana wouldn't have made it.
Genia conformation , fuck me, so you think the TMO and all the Aus commentators are liars? There was no evidense from all angles, so no try and vokken stop putting words out on my behalf. Have to know better then replying to your kak anyway.

Edit (Moses): no need to get personal

Clearly this Reds team is the best ever rugby side assembled in the history of Super 14. Admit it and you'll feel better :lmao:

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Great Game.

For the stormers - Bekker and Burger were huge. Their fullback though had a complete shocker and I thought was a big factor in them losing.

Reds:
- Ben Daley would be in my wallabies squad now (backup to Ben Robinson with Alexander and Maafu the tightheads)
- Laurie Weeks has been playing well this year but was given a touch up at scrum time tonight
- I have been a huge fan of Van Humphries this year but they hardly missed him tonight with how well Adam Byrnes played
- Good games from all of the loosies
- the backline: definites for the wallabies are: Cooper, Ioane, Hynes and Genia but you can put forward an argument for A Fainga'a (massive in defense tonight), Chambers (looks better with every games) and Davies. Deans has a bloody hard job ahead of him.

Don't want to jinx them but the Reds could win this thing. Have now beaten the Stormers, Bulls and Crusaders...
Very much agreed all round. Chambers is really starting to become a go-to player. For a Wallaby filled backline the non-internationals are seriously putting their hands up. A Fainga'a makes such good tackles that same to really snuff out attacking chances by the other team. These two seriously have to make the Aussie training squad at least because they are really going from solid to above average very quickly. Chambers' attitude seems fantastic and he is a fantastic reader of the attack, he always seemed to put himself in the right place in awkward defensive moments.

I felt physically sick for almost this whole game up until the last few minutes when the Reds seemed to click. I think the errors by the Stormers were the most telling factor in this game and they shot themselves in the foot a bit, better handling and I think they would've put on one or two more tries. I love the fact that, while neither team clicked really, we were legitimately mixing it up with the current form team of the comp. Saders, Bulls and Stormers all down. I don't know how to explain it but rather than being excited that the Reds have won because they're my team, I feel genuinely proud of the players as people. The whole attitude and approach to the game of rugby just seems "right" and they're a group of players that are putting out more than the sum of their parts. Congratulations Reds!

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
PaarlBok said:
Spook said:

I felt that there were a few major things that could've gone the other way, including Genia's try and the Habana shoulder charge. I think most will agree that they balanced out in the end. Habana being taken out without the ball happened only moments after Braid was slung over miles from the ball and that player wasn't sent off either. I think both teams got away with as much as they missed out on, and the score and point distribution is pretty fair.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
When I coached the under 10's I told my lads to go in hard for the tackle even if the ball carrier was about to dispose of the ball in some way. If they hesitated their opponents could be faking something.

But I also told them that if the opponent disposed of the ball and they couldn't avoid contact that they should make a big show of spreading their arms at the last second to indicate "I was too late to avoid contact, but hey ref, you can see I was not trying a late tackle." Refs always loved that; some even nodded their heads.

Professional players have obviously not been through my Narrabeen Tigers U/10 team. What they do is go in for the tackle and when a guy disposes of it by kicking or passing they don't use arms. I think they are trying to indicate: "Ref, see I am not tackling this guy late as I did not wrap him up with my arms." But what the ref or AR sees is a shoulder charge.

Is this rocket science? I doubt it. Why doesn't every coach tell this to their players? You can still slyly stop the guy or at least put him off his stride.

However the intervention on Habana was not a penalty try in any event as a a try would not probably have been scored.

On the game. I wasn't up for it. I had had a hard few weeks watching the Reds already. I got up early in the morning to watch them in the RSA a couple of times and then when they came back I spent a lot of mental energy getting them up for the Bulls game. I played well.

I was bloody exhausted last Saturday night and then I had a 6 day turnaround for the Stormers match. I was flat; and when Bekker scored early I wagged my head and sipped another glass of Pressings red wine. "I hope this doesn't get too nasty and I hope they can recover for the Brumbies", thought I.

Then Cooper missed those penalties and I got flatter and flatter. Then bugger me, but the Reds were in the lead just after half time. Extraordinary, thought I - there is nothing like a good Red.

Then the 2nd half came and it was like watching "The Blair Witch Project" movie and waiting for the scary part. You remember: the part where you were supposed to scream and bury your head in the crotch of the girl sitting next to you and she was supposed to stroke your head, or something, to calm you down. Well, you never got stroked because the scary part never happened

The same in the match: the Storm, the best all round team in the comp, was like the BWP movie and not that scary at all. Effing good, but not scary.

Well done Reds. George Ayoub - you are a goose. It is a pity that I can't sledge you again at Rat Park because you retired you weak bastard. The point of the ball must have touched the ground George.

Don't do it again - I know where you live.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Link is a genius. The game plan was perfectly suited to the Stormers and completely different to last weeks.

Stormers have the best defence in the game, no point wasting time spreading the ball, doing the 50/50 stuff that came off against the Bulls, and risking turning the ball over and getting isolated. So instead, truck it up with the forwards. KICK EVERY PENALTY AVAILABLE, don't go for touch, would have been the game plan from Link. You aren't going to score tries against the Stormers. Their defence is immaculate, but so is the Reds. Do not attempt any risky plays until you are in the opposition 22. Kick the ball behind the big black winger and avoid Habana at all costs.

Link really does have a game plan for each opposition.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Reddy! said:
PaarlBok said:
Spook said:

Are all SA supporters poor losers? I guess that's what happens when you are the most arrogant, condescending and ignorant poster on this forum.

Clearly this Reds team is the best ever rugby side assembled in the history of Super 14. Admit it and you'll feel better :lmao:

Frankly, if this is your response when your team have a great win, I'd question that assessment. I'd further point out that you may wish to ponder that there's such a thing as a poor winner, and it's not a pretty sight for others.

Personal abuse of other posters. - and moreover, unwarranted personalised abuse - is not what this place was set up for, gentlemen. So, let's all cool our collective jets, shall we?

S

Spook

PaarlBok said:
Spook said:

:lmao: Mr "I don't criticise refs". You are criticising the officials when you disagree with their decisions which you are on the Habana incident. Get off your high horse mate as you make yourself a target.

The TMO isn't a liar as he claimed there was no evidence - he had doubts. Most of the commentators actually thought it was a try. Genia is the only person who could say it was a try and he did. TRY!!!!!!

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Godfrey said:
PaarlBok said:
Spook said:

I felt that there were a few major things that could've gone the other way, including Genia's try and the Habana shoulder charge. I think most will agree that they balanced out in the end. Habana being taken out without the ball happened only moments after Braid was slung over miles from the ball and that player wasn't sent off either. I think both teams got away with as much as they missed out on, and the score and point distribution is pretty fair.
Ja sure they did and I am not up and arms about the ref, like some thinks, Spook start the kak with his dumb shite about the try that clearly havent been ruled by the TMO, and I did qouted the Reds had a good win. The loss isnt the end of the world for the Stormers, they did not play that well but not to bad either. The lost against a good team on the night. The Reds have beaten now the top 3 , so if there is one team that deserved to be in the top 4 , surely they are the one.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Thomond78 said:
Reddy! said:
PaarlBok said:
Spook said:

Are all SA supporters poor losers? I guess that's what happens when you are the most arrogant, condescending and ignorant poster on this forum.

Frankly, if this is your response when your team have a great win, I'd question that assessment. I'd further point out that you may wish to ponder that there's such a thing as a poor winner, and it's not a pretty sight for others.

Personal abuse of other posters. - and moreover, unwarranted personalised abuse - is not what this place was set up for, gentlemen. So, let's all cool our collective jets, shall we?

WOW, is your sarcasm detector broken. It obviously is. People should stop stopping at the first sentence in my posts and read the rest :lmao:

I feel dirty for having to explain a joke, dear me.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Reddy! said:
PaarlBok said:
Spook said:

Wow. That reply is just poor form. Pull your head in son.

C

chief

I would like to put myself in the position of the Stormers if they had that very same decision done if they were in that exact position. There would be facebook hate groups, Rugby365 would have a crack at Aussie refs, and every South African would be saying "There doesn't need to be conclusive evidence, it was blatantly a try!"

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
chief said:
I would like to put myself in the position of the Stormers if they had that very same decision done if they were in that exact position. There would be facebook hate groups, Rugby365 would have a crack at Aussie refs, and every South African would be saying "There doesn't need to be conclusive evidence, it was blatantly a try!"
Sad some here jump to that very same level then. ::) That try saver from Habana deserve us to lead the log. :fishing ;)

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Lee Grant said:
When I coached the under 10's I told my lads to go in hard for the tackle even if the ball carrier was about to dispose of the ball in some way. If they hesitated their opponents could be faking something.

But I also told them that if the opponent disposed of the ball and they couldn't avoid contact that they should make a big show of spreading their arms at the last second to indicate "I was too late to avoid contact, but hey ref, you can see I was not trying a late tackle." Refs always loved that; some even nodded their heads.

Professional players have obviously not been through my Narrabeen Tigers U/10 team. What they do is go in for the tackle and when a guy disposes of it by kicking or passing they don't use arms. I think they are trying to indicate: "Ref, see I am not tackling this guy late as I did not wrap him up with my arms." But what the ref or AR sees is a shoulder charge.

Is this rocket science? I doubt it. Why doesn't every coach tell this to their players? You can still slyly stop the guy or at least put him off his stride.

However the intervention on Habana was not a penalty try in any event as a a try would not probably have been scored.

On the game. I wasn't up for it. I had had a hard few weeks watching the Reds already. I got up early in the morning to watch them in the RSA a couple of times and then when they came back I spent a lot of mental energy getting them up for the Bulls game. I played well.

I was bloody exhausted last Saturday night and then I had a 6 day turnaround for the Stormers match. I was flat; and when Bekker scored early I wagged my head and sipped another glass of Pressings red wine. "I hope this doesn't get too nasty and I hope they can recover for the Brumbies", thought I.

Then Cooper missed those penalties and I got flatter and flatter. Then bugger me, but the Reds were in the lead just after half time. Extraordinary, thought I - there is nothing like a good Red.

Then the 2nd half came and it was like watching "The Blair Witch Project" movie and waiting for the scary part. You remember: the part where you were supposed to scream and bury your head in the crotch of the girl sitting next to you and she was supposed to stroke your head, or something, to calm you down. Well, you never got stroked because the scary part never happened

The same in the match: the Storm, the best all round team in the comp, was like the BWP movie and not that scary at all. Effing good, but not scary.

Well done Reds. George Ayoub - you are a goose. It is a pity that I can't sledge you again at Rat Park because you retired you weak bastard. The point of the ball must have touched the ground George.

Lee

I referee in Northern Zone, normally do the other age groups though. Don't tell me that othersiwe I would have put down for the following this week :

U10E Narrabeen Black v Lindfield Highlanders Mon, 26 April 2010 North Narrabeen Reserve No 3

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
AussieDominance said:
Lee Grant said:

Lee

I referee in Northern Zone, normally do the other age groups though. Don't tell me that othersiwe I would have put down for the following this week :

U10E Narrabeen Black v Lindfield Highlanders Mon, 26 April 2010 North Narrabeen Reserve No 3

Alan Quinlan said:
The first rule of Cheating Bastard Club is, you do NOT talk about Cheating Bastard Club!

;)

Now that I'm retired - and it's official, done, retired three times so I'm out - I can now cheerfully admit to it all. It's quite liberating, in its own way. :lmao:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Geez, and we thought we were colourful on the live blog!!!
We go away and the place goes feral.
No try was a fair call - they couldn't see it grounded. Great tackle Habana.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Well the Tahs will have to win by 40 against the BumBoys to get past the Reds on the log. Surely this mad friday results will make the Brutes happy but they will have a game on their hand tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.