• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Battle of the form teams: Reds vs Stormers Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tahs may well win, but they will still be 5th, though possibly on the same points as 2-4 (although I can't see a bonus point - Aussie derbies are usually low-scoring and ugly), so probably 1 point behind anyway. The Reds are clearly the better Aussie team at the moment.
I see the Crusaders missing out altogether.
Amazing last few weeks coming I think. Still fancy those Stormers though, PB. They've had a good tour, and tonight was no shame. Tough to beat at home from here.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
PS Agree with people that indicated some people went over the top about the Reds win.

PB is a good bloke and calls it how he sees it.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Blue said:
Reddy! said:
PaarlBok said:
Spook said:
Ok so the TMO is infallible and the touch judge and ref are not :lmao: You are now criticising the refs. Looked like a try for mine (Genia confirmed that he got it down - are you calling him a liar?) and Habana wouldn't have made it.
Genia conformation , fuck me, so you think the TMO and all the Aus commentators are liars? There was no evidense from all angles, so no try and vokken stop putting words out on my behalf. Have to know better then replying to your kak anyway.

Are all SA supporters poor losers? I guess that's what happens when you are the most arrogant, condescending and ignorant poster on this forum.

Clearly this Reds team is the best ever rugby side assembled in the history of Super 14. Admit it and you'll feel better :lmao:

Wow. That reply is just poor form. Pull your head in son.

Forgot to add, :fishing :fishing :fishing

Enjoy playing the Sharks, Stormers and Crusaders in the next few weeks Blue boy :lmao:

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Great game! Chambers clearly forgot which code of rugby he was playing with the no arms move, but whilst Habana is quick, he was never going to get home from there. The Reds just didn't give him the required space tonight although it was a close run thing at times.

The Genia no-try must have come through a lot clearer on the tv than at the ground as on the Stadium big screen it looked like the point of the ball had nowhere to bounce other than on the grass but I will have to watch again tomorrow.

As a Reds fan, I have to say it is good to actually be in the comp at this stage of the season, and not just be in it, but be in with a real chance of making the semis. This time last year the Lions embarrassed us, and then the Brumbies did even worse.

But not this year, this year we fight!

Tomorrow night will be very interesting indeed. Have the sleeping giant Hurricanes and Nonu finally awoken from their slumber and what of "Real Madrid"? Perhaps the Brumbies don't have the depth to match the real Real or Barca but if they get the top 15 back on deck, the Reds will have their work cut out in Canberra next weekend.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Lee Grant said:
George Ayoub - you are a goose. It is a pity that I can't sledge you again at Rat Park because you retired you weak bastard. The point of the ball must have touched the ground George. Don't do it again - I know where you live.

It probably did, LG, but it wasn't captured on camera. I slo-moed Foxtel's slo-mo replay and came to the same conclusion, but that was only by supposition as I didn't see it. As George also didn't.

Next time we cross paths at a certain Sydney establishment I'll ask him about this one.

R

rugbywhisperer

Ok, here's an admission.
This was the first time in 16 years living in this hell hole of south east Queensland that I have attended a Reds S14 or other super rugby game.
My first impressons are that Qld supporters of the Reds are one and the same as those that support league at State of origin, totally ignorant of the laws of rugby.
But what a game at which to lose my cheery.
As guests of the Reds in the Reds box it was a great game, however crowd intollerance of refereeing is to say the least quite poor form.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
rugbywhisperer said:
Ok, here's an admission.
This was the first time in 16 years living in this hell hole of south east Queensland that I have attended a Reds S14 or other super rugby game.
My first impressons are that Qld supporters of the Reds are one and the same as those that support league at State of origin, totally ignorant of the laws of rugby.
As guests of the Reds in the Reds box it was a great game, however crowd intollerance of refereeing is to say the least quite poor form.

A hell hole? Really? Maybe you should visit Quamby or Cloncurry or Sydney or Kynuna for a comparison.

As for the Ref how will he learn if we don't tell him he is wrong!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
rugbywhisperer said:
Ok, here's an admission.

what a pithy thing to say. You live for 16 years in a place you think is a hell hole? Says more about you than anything to be honest.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
rugbywhisperer said:
Ok, here's an admission.

Of course we are going to ignore certain rules in favour of the Reds, and give the Ref shit for calls against us, that's all part of the fun of going to a game. As you have stated yourself, you clearly haven't been to the rugby for a while.

T

TOCC

yeah the crowd at Reds games are a bit overly parochial, but its just what queenslanders following sport do, in the last 2 games at suncorp we have seen some of the games best kickers turn to crap, you would have to ponder the thought that the crowd is creating some great pressure. Unfortunately it seems to be getting to Quades kicking as well

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Just posting to say that I had a look at the TV footage of Genia's try (like others I had only seen it on the big screen) and I think it was actually a pretty fair call. Can't really argue with it anymore.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
rugbywhisperer said:
Ok, here's an admission.
what a pithy thing to say. You live for 16 years in a place you think is a hell hole? Says more about you than anything to be honest.
Seriously RW, bugger off back to NSW then if that's how you feel. What's keeping you here?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
As a Reds fan I honestly can't believe that we have kept on winning. This year has been unbelievable! I thought we were better last week but to back up and get the points over what is arguably the best team in the comp is a massive effort.

And... some of the Reds supporters on this forum need to pull their heads in or bugger off.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I agree Spec. I find it unfathomable that we are on top of the ladder (albeit it equal on points and disregarding for and against). I can not get my head around it.

I also agree that some fans here are a little over the top, which in turn is driving opposition fans a little over the top their way.

Hopefully we can all settle down and not end up PR-like.

T

TOCC

agreed, i went on PR for last night and it took me 5mins to realise why i left that place..

T

TOCC

I tend to agree with what Link was saying through the week about Houston, his no Palu in terms of ball running, but in terms of consistency and safety at the back of the scrum he is second to none, a lot of times last night when the Reds scrum was under pressure Houston was very effective at securing the ball and getting to Genia with space.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
really? I thought Houston was poor last night, particularly at the back of the scrum and made some very bad decisions.

T

TOCC

well i was slightly pissed when i watched the game, but i liked what i was watching, maybe im due for a replay

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
spectator said:
As a Reds fan I honestly can't believe that we have kept on winning. This year has been unbelievable! I thought we were better last week but to back up and get the points over what is arguably the best team in the comp is a massive effort.

And... some of the Reds supporters on this forum need to pull their heads in or bugger off.
I agree on all fronts. I am loving watching the Reds, as most posters seem to be, and why not? I really didn't see this year's performance coming. Hopefully the old adage about the relative strength of Oz rugby being tied to that of the Reds holds true.
But some of the wind-ups are just offensive rubbish - it isn't clever to be outright rude then say it's all just a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.