• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beale and Cooper in boozy incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Beale and Cooper in hotel incident

Greg Growden

June 8, 2012 - 12:53PM

article-beale-420x0.jpg

Wallabies teammates Quade Cooper (left) and Kurtley Beale have been involved in a scuffle at a Brisbane Hotel. Photo: Glenn Hunt
The Australian Rugby Union is investigating an incident at a Brisbane hotel last night, where two high-profile Wallabies players were refused entry.
The Herald has been told the players were Kurtley Beale and Quade Cooper, who are not involved in tomorrow night's Test against Wales at Suncorp Stadium.
It is understood there was a scuffle at the hotel, involving one of the players, and police were called. No arrests were made.
The ARU is awaiting more details before deciding whether the pair will have to front its disciplinary committee on code of conduct charges.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Would be interested to know which hotel it was.

I would have said the normanby, but they are a reds sponsor so I doubt they would be refusing quade entry.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Would be interested to know which hotel it was.

I would have said the normanby, but they are a reds sponsor so I doubt they would be refusing quade entry.
Maybe they know something we don't know about where he'll be next year? ;)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Daily tele has more:

POLICE and the Australian Rugby Union are investigating an incident involving Wallabies Kurtley Beale and Quade Cooper at the Victory Hotel in Brisbane last night.

The Daily Telegraph has been told Beale and Cooper were involved in an altercation with security guards after being asked to leave the establishment around 2am.
Beale has allegedly hit a security guard in the head with his forearm and a series of punches after the pair were evicted for disorderly behaviour.

The incident is believed to have been captured on CCTV as well as on mobile phone cameras by other patrons at the Hotel.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Meh who cares really. Beale probably swung around talking to somebody, drink in hand above the crowd, accidentally scrapping the head of some big fat guy at the door. Because of their profile, shit goes down. Heard all of this before and I don't really care, just play goddamn rugby really.

No body cares about this seriously. Police are investigating? Load of bullshit hahahahaha, as if the police give a shit. There were probably some police around at the time - as they are around the Victory - and just stepped in.

Over hyped media beat up shit. Sick of it really. Same deal with the Nick Darcy crap going on because the guy had his photo with some guns in the goddamn USA.

Just swim and win the goddamn gold medal and play goddamn rugby and win. That's all I really care about really. Obviously.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Over hyped media beat up shit. Sick of it really. Same deal with the Nick Darcy crap going on because the guy had his photo with some guns in the goddamn USA.

I cannot in any way see how that story was considered newsworthy. It seems these days people will get angry about anything the media tells them to. I can't think of any other reason.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
At the victory hotel at 2am... jeez. Fine establishment for some fine blokes. :rolleyes: Being high-profile is always going to attract unwanted attention, but meh... It's up to them to take care of themselves.

Who cares about what they do at night, as long as they stay fit and turn out on the field.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
The courier mail, a bastion of journalistic standards.

According to police sources, Beale allegedly struck a security guard at the Victory Hotel after he and Cooper were ejected from the premises.
Cooper then grabbed the phone of a witness who was filming the incident, and smashed the device, it was alleged.

I can't believe Quade smashed someone's phone. That's like Yo-Yo Ma smashing someone else's cello.

Status
Not open for further replies.