• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2. Eden Park, 24th Sept 7.05pm NZT. 5.05 pm AEST, 3.05 WA

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Im a bit worried about the lack of a proper 4th lock option in the 23 with our history of injuries this year and Neville in his first game back. I know Wilson, Valetini or Samu can play there in a pinch but its still a bit concerning.

That being said, Holloway, Neville and Frost must just about be our three remaining locks who arent injured or suspended.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Im a bit worried about the lack of a proper 4th lock option in the 23 with our history of injuries this year and Neville in his first game back. I know Wilson, Valetini or Samu can play there in a pinch but its still a bit concerning.

That being said, Holloway, Neville and Frost must just about be our three remaining locks who arent injured or suspended.
When does Rodda get back from injury?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was interesting listening to Will Genia the other night and his take on how teams are playing, and why I think JB is at 12. He said in last test that Smith never put up a box kick, and ABs were causing problems for defence by taking ball wider to 12 etc to do some kicking out of hand, reckons it makes it harder to decide whether to stay back and cover kicks or come forward in defence.

I will add the bugger was in a singlet and looks like he been doing a lot of work in gym!!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Can't wait for the refs to crack down on the egregious time wasting we see these days.

Lightning fast play is sure to flow from all the scrums we are gunna see. Woo.

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Can't wait for the refs to crack down on the egregious time wasting we see these days - by awarding scrums.

lightning fast play is sure to flow from all the scrums we are gunna see. Woo.
How about refs crack down on players holding or throwing away the ball when being penalised? If all referees marched sides 10m for this every time it wouldn’t last long. Hello touchies? Are you watching? Prevents sides from a quick tap option that is attacking and good rugby.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Can't wait for the refs to crack down on the egregious time wasting we see these days.
I hope so. No more water breaks. A prop that goes down needs to be replaced if he's there for longer than a minute. If he goes down twice, he gets replaced.

I liked how Raynal officiated the scrums too....no mucking around and just made calls pretty quickly and decisively. Once a maul stops for 3 sec, call it once...second time it stops, it's gotta be used in 3 sec. all scrums when the halfback doesn't use the ball immediately (5 sec I think is the law) at the ruck....

I'm here for all of it...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Some will undoubtedly say the numbers on the back are meaningless (looking at BH) but that's just not so in terms of sending a message. The message that Rob V is our best No 8 should be front and centre and not be undermined in any way in the eyes of fans and oppositions alike.

Huh?

My main point with these two is that at the Brumbies, the 8 role and 6 role in general play are reversed compared to other teams. Valetini will seemingly now be asked to play a role in general play that he doesn't do at either the Brumbies or Wallabies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Huh?

My main point with these two is that at the Brumbies, the 8 role and 6 role in general play are reversed compared to other teams. Valetini will seemingly now be asked to play a role in general play that he doesn't do at either the Brumbies or Wallabies.

This would be my only concern, particularly as Valetini has really flourished since moving to 8 for the Wallabies...

I would like to hope that Rennie and McKellar are aware of this and will utilise our backrow to its full potential - the combination has the making of something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.