• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe #4 New Zealand vs Australia Nov 7 2020

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
AB's team named and overall it's a bit meh for mine. Guess they're well and truly trying to give everyone a run like it's an U8's match instead of a test match.

1. Karl Tu'inukuafe (15)
2. Codie Taylor (53)
3. Ofa Tuungafasi (38)
4. Scott Barrett (38)
5. Samuel Whitelock (119)
6. Akira Ioane *
7. Sam Cane (71) (C)
8. Ardie Savea (46)
9. TJ Perenara (67)
10. Beauden Barrett (85)
11. Rieko Ioane (31)
12. Ngani Laumape (14)
13. Anton Lienert-Brown (46)
14. Sevu Reece (7)
15. Jordie Barrett (20)

16. Asafo Aumua *
17. Alex Hodgman (2)
18. Tyrel Lomax (3)
19. Patrick Tuipulotu (33)
20. Cullen Grace *
21. Brad Weber (5)
22. Damian McKenzie (25)
23. Will Jordan *

Really not sure why Sotutu isn't there but interested to see how both Akira and Grace go.

Just when the BB and Moúnga combo was starting to really click they rest Moúnga.

I still fear BB at 10 more-so. :(

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
1. Slipper
2. BPA
3. AAA
4. Simmons
5. Philip
6. Swinton
7. Hooper (c)
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Hodge
11. Koroibete
12. Paisami
13. Petaia
14. Wright
15. Banks

16. Fainga'a 17. Bell 18. Tupou 19. Hanigan 20. Wright 21. McDermott 22. Lolesio 23. Daugunu

Hodge at 10 is madness!!!

....Well I guess its that or a 20 year old who already proved Test rugby was too much for him :(

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hodge at 10 and no lock on the bench?

JOC (James O'Connor) still broken we assume. Looks weak.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Grim.

The revolving door policy is what concerns me. Banks dropped for DHP then DHP dropped for Banks. Paisami makes way for Simone, Simone makes way for Paisami. Faiingaa dropped from the 23 and then makes his way back in. All very tumultuous.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
6. Akira Ioane *

giphy-downsized-large.gif

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
I'm definitely overacting but if Noah and Will Harrison are two + years away from test footy and I were Bernard Foley I would be calling the Rebels and projecting the benefit of 10. Foley 12. To'omua as the vehicle to a SRAU title. Surely would be a better option than Hodge this weekend.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I, too, like having our scrum bitched.

He played a bit of lock at the Tahs. Although I understand your perception (like when Fardy played lock) but I haven't seen any evidence Hanigan is a poor scrimmager at lock.

Reactions: dru

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Grim.

The revolving door policy is what concerns me. Banks dropped for DHP then DHP dropped for Banks. Paisami makes way for Simone, Simone makes way for Paisami. Faiingaa dropped from the 23 and then makes his way back in. All very tumultuous.

I like it. Perform or get dropped. Especially in the early stages of his coaching tenure. Sets a nice precedent.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
These seem like desperate selections...........

White to box kick the shit out of the ball?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Add JO'C, To'omua, Kerevi, Arnold, Skelton & Latu and that's getting somewhere. That's half a team though.

Would love Banks to prove me wrong and carve up.