• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I hope Rennie comes out and says that was SHIT!
Hopefully we can muscle out a couple of bonus points against the Argies, and then maybe notch up a win on the EOYT. Are we playing Italy by any chance? I’m wondering again at what point his coaching record comes into question. Yeah i know he’s played the ABs 6 times, and managed a couple of home draws against Argentina and won a home series against an under strength France by 1 point. I’d cop it if it looked like we were being well coached, it looks more like he’s on the NZRU payroll to me than ours.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hopefully we can muscle out a couple of bonus points against the Argies, and then maybe notch up a win on the EOYT. Are we playing Italy by any chance? I’m wondering again at what point his coaching record comes into question. Yeah i know he’s played the ABs 6 times, and managed a couple of home draws against Argentina and won a home series against an under strength France by 1 point. I’d cop it if it looked like we were being well coached, it looks more like he’s on the NZRU payroll to me than ours.
I dunno, maybe I'm an eternal optimist. But under Cheika there were games where we were never ever threatening. Completely contained in a game. Maybe one or two line breaks a game. Tonight we scored three tries against the best team in the world and had another couple denied.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Oh my god fuck off.
What's the problem? I thought that was a fair summnation by an AB fan of how I saw it. I was being disrespectful of Wallabies.
Perhaps you didn't think ABs played well, I did. Akira signed and sealed his place in team, Big Bad Brodie went into beast mode, all in all I think I can be happy. Have a look at the TV, players swapping jerseys and respecting what each other did from each team.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Fuck this.
The only thing good for Australian Rugby in the last couple of months is that we have learnt Chekia didn’t deserve the hate he received and Michael Hooper absolutely and without any reservation does not deserve the hate he has received in the past.
If you don’t get this you are part of problem with rugby in Australia.

I mean, I guess the run it from anywhere means you're not passing and can't throw intercepts. So, we were 14 points a game better off under Chiekas reign?

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Well I cannot fault how well the boys put in,. There effort is clearly there but we are just not good enough across the park. With a few exceptions they are just way ahead of us.

I've wanted to give Banks a fair go, but he just does not seem able to step up from super level. I see him much like Mogg. I'd much rather have Hodge there.

McDermott needs to work on his box kick, but appart from that seems to have it right. Problem is when he makes a break, so few of our players see it coming he ends up having to do it all himself.

All of out 2's need to work on lineout throwing.

They are ranked 2 in the world and can test that against the number one team soon. We are ranked 7 and that gap is clear.

We may even have to prove we belong there considering Wales and Scotland are ranked below us.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I dunno, maybe I'm an eternal optimist. But under Cheika there were games where we were never ever threatening. Completely contained in a game. Maybe one or two line breaks a game. Tonight we scored three tries against the best team in the world and had another couple denied.
I’m happy to give him some AB free time. It can’t do a lot for the players’ confidence but at the same time we were shit and just played dumb rugby, that comes down to coaching. Its no secret that Cheika alienated some players at the end of his tenure, that’s not unusual. But at least he got some results early on, we have seen fuck all from DR, the Argentina debacle from last year should be highlighted more than it has been. Instead we took some solace from the win at Suncorp over the ABs.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Actually more like a nymphomaniac. My dick has lost all sensation and is slowely being worn away to a bloody stump but i just keep on fucking.
znwl1gnyliz61.gif

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I rate Swain, Swinton, Hooper, Tate, Kerevi, Kellaway, Koroibete. From the bench White, Bell, Samu, Hodge, Petaia. Ikitau almost. I miss BPA, Wilson, Paisami.

The set piece was just not good enough, not by a long way. Malls good though.

Faiinga is not the answer at hooker. Valetini can return to club. Same for Lolesio. Too soon for you mate, boys and men, you know. I'll take Hodge at 10 if we have to. It's not what I have supported but 12: Paisami 13: Kerevi: 11: Koroibete 14: Kellaway 15: hell, I'm now Petaia (on a flyer I know) and Banks in the background.

Locks are poor whatever you do, the three tonight, stick with them but expect better. Hooker? Not Faiinga. Lonergan if it has to be, but hold BPA if you can.

Plenty of work needed on the set piece. That was not good enough.

And we need some time with refs over interpretation - there should have been world of pain to the ABs tonight but it wasn't there. Time to check in with how the game is officiated.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Chris McKivat (8)
1) I'm actually sick of watching these 2 teams play each other. No other fixture happens more often in World Rugby. The players know each other too well. What's worse is neither team seems to be learning much. For example, these are probably the only two top teams who do not rush on defense, which has proven to be the premier defensive structure. Both teams make metres so easily. It really does get boring after a while

2) A lot of commentators are always criticising the box kick, but I completely understand why it is an integral part of every strategy. All teams box kick a lot these days, because the cost of the box kick is atypically low. The Boks box kick even when they are hot on attack. There's a terrific video by squidge rugby behind the thought process of the box.

3) Akira Ioane played well. He has come good. On attack, he always had the goods - fast, balanced, and explosive, but with an added level of skill these days. But on defence he has put in good shifts. George Bowyer is still not quite a top prop, but I appreciate his development process. He added 7kgs of muscle just being in the ABs last year, and now has slowly built towards a frame necessary for modern rugby. A lot of the other blokes like Vai'i, Sotutu, Blackadder who have big bone structures but lack muscle need time to build, and it's better they do it here rather than playing through the NPC.

4) Reiko Ioane continues to worry. He is out of position way too often, relying on speed to compensate. Yet at the highest level, you can't afford to think he's going to be so much faster all the time than that specific opponent. Scott Barrett had such promise when he came on the scene, but somehow his progress has stagnated. Does someone sit down with him to talk him through his mistakes? Samisoni looked very nervous today, especially at line-out. And Perenara continues to show a lack of basics spattered with bits of spectacular.

For the ABs, the cruel question is - has the Wallabies made some players and Foster look better than they are, and the inevitable pats on the shoulder after this game. This is a Wallaby team that is very young and a couple of years from peaking. The big fish are coming up. It's a completely different proposition in a boiling cauldron of physicality that comes against the Boks, England, and France. I would love to see more intensity and urgency on defence - in realignment, in rushing, and a little more slowing down at the ruck. Continue to build up strength and power which is needed to gain parity upfront. And the continued easing in of younger blokes because there aren't many tests to go before RWC 2023.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bro no one wants to decipher your garbled, bullshit opinions as well as having to suffer through that nonsense.

There is only so much bullshit a man can take.
So I ask again, what's the problem? Tell me where I am wrong. I have read all your posts about how boring etc it all is, I try and post positive stuff!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Seriously if RA have any, diminishing, hope of saving rugby union in Aus they will halve (at least) our matches against kiwi opposition.

At least for the next 20 years. Until we figure shit out.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
1) I'm actually sick of watching these 2 teams play each other. No other fixture happens more often in World Rugby. The players know each other too well. What's worse is neither team seems to be learning much. For example, these are probably the only two top teams who do not rush on defense, which has proven to be the premier defensive structure. Both teams make metres so easily. It really does get boring after a while

2) A lot of commentators are always criticising the box kick, but I completely understand why it is an integral part of every strategy. All teams box kick a lot these days, because the cost of the box kick is atypically low. The Boks box kick even when they are hot on attack. There's a terrific video by squidge rugby behind the thought process of the box.

3) Akira Ioane played well. He has come good. On attack, he always had the goods - fast, balanced, and explosive, but with an added level of skill these days. But on defence he has put in good shifts. George Bowyer is still not quite a top prop, but I appreciate his development process. He added 7kgs of muscle just being in the ABs last year, and now has slowly built towards a frame necessary for modern rugby. A lot of the other blokes like Vai'i, Sotutu, Blackadder who have big bone structures but lack muscle need time to build, and it's better they do it here rather than playing through the NPC.

4) Reiko Ioane continues to worry. He is out of position way too often, relying on speed to compensate. Yet at the highest level, you can't afford to think he's going to be so much faster all the time than that specific opponent. Scott Barrett had such promise when he came on the scene, but somehow his progress has stagnated. Does someone sit down with him to talk him through his mistakes? Samisoni looked very nervous today, especially at line-out. And Perenara continues to show a lack of basics spattered with bits of spectacular.

For the ABs, the cruel question is - has the Wallabies made some players and Foster look better than they are, and the inevitable pats on the shoulder after this game. This is a Wallaby team that is very young and a couple of years from peaking. The big fish are coming up. It's a completely different proposition in a boiling cauldron of physicality that comes against the Boks, England, and France. I would love to see more intensity and urgency on defence - in realignment, in rushing, and a little more slowing down at the ruck. Continue to build up strength and power which is needed to gain parity upfront. And the continued easing in of younger blokes because there aren't many tests to go before RWC 2023.
Welcome, good first post. Always good to have more NZ supporters on here to balance out our bias. Also anyone to balance out Dismal is good news.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
He has done well off the bench but fair. I think Samu deserves a decent crack at 6 /8 with Wilson.. maybe Samu off the bench he covers all positions
Yeh I thought Pete Samu off the bench offered more - maybe isi or Wilson start with Samu on the Bench...