• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe III at Perth, 5/09/21 - 4pm AEST

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
This Wallaby team is not that bad.

They are a young squad who needs time together to develop. The biggest issue to me is that the quality of every individual player is a step down from their AB counterpart. There is only possibly one player who would make an AB 23 in Hooper. They are playing the 2nd best - maybe the best - rugby team in the world. There aren't any Wallabies or possible Wallabies waiting in the wings who would make a big difference

To me, the Wallabies are in a huge rebuild. There aren't many older, experienced, quality players around who these guys can get an apprentice off so they are learning on the job. A lot of these guys are the top guys in the country, the No.1 choice at Super Rugby level with daylight coming behind them so these Tests are where they are learning where the next level is.

I hope Rennie sticks with a lot of these guys for the Argentina and Bok games.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
There's no real solution - we will only ever beat the ABs through the combination of luck plus some red cards with the current talent.

We can talk all we like about Hodge and Samu making a difference but its always easy to look strong against fatigued defence by playing straight and direct. None of our replacements are actually a step up - it's pure recency bias (based off 15 minutes) and you can guarantee we will be calling for Hodge's head after two weeks if he ever manages to start.

As an aside I'd give Koribete a rest next week and look at Wright or Vunivalu - he runs hard but he made two or three defensive reads that led to AB tries.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This Wallaby team is not that bad.

They are a young squad who needs time together to develop. The biggest issue to me is that the quality of every individual player is a step down from their AB counterpart. There is only possibly one player who would make an AB 23 in Hooper. They are playing the 2nd best - maybe the best - rugby team in the world. There aren't any Wallabies or possible Wallabies waiting in the wings who would make a big difference

To me, the Wallabies are in a huge rebuild. There aren't many older, experienced, quality players around who these guys can get an apprentice off so they are learning on the job. A lot of these guys are the top guys in the country, the No.1 choice at Super Rugby level with daylight coming behind them so these Tests are where they are learning where the next level is.

I hope Rennie sticks with a lot of these guys for the Argentina and Bok games.
You and Dan. Out.

Just go be passively smug among Kiwis.

1630830656231.png

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Swinton deserves to keep his jumper. Good to see Kerevi back in Gold, hope he's here to stay.

9. McDermott
10. Hodge
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Kellaway
15. Petaia

Do it next week.
SBW is one of the most talented players of all time but his advice is absolute shite. We definitely do not to play more freely.
He is so not suited to being a footy media person / commentator...it’s like stan got a second rate kiwi commentator to compensate for other good ones already locked up by kiwi sky...

whatever they are paying SBW it is too much as he is a train wreck and no value to watch in front of the camera. Do everyone a favour and don’t bring him back in 2022...

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He's right though - fundamentally the ABs are stronger in 14 out of 15 positions - how can we consistently compete with that?
We obviously fucking cant and never have been able to. Which brings me back to the mind bending question of 'why the fuck are we even doing this?!?'

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think Swinton deserves to keep his jumper. Good to see Kerevi back in Gold, hope he's here to stay.

9. McDermott
10. Hodge
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. Paisami
14. Kellaway
15. Petaia

Do it next week.
Swap 12 and 13 (sheesh, can't believe I'm saying it)
If Cooper has been doing as well as reported AND if JOC (James O'Connor) is still not available - 10: Cooper 15: Hodge 23: Petaia

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
He's right though - fundamentally the ABs are stronger in 14 out of 15 positions - how can we consistently compete with that?
So what do you want us to say in posts. Most Aussie posters will look for some positives, Depus and few will get angry and shittu at those of us who see positives for the Wallabies. It not going to be fast, but I still maintain they have the players to improve , and if that makes me someone who shouldn't post on an Aus rugby site god help me.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So what do you want us to say in posts. Most Aussie posters will look for some positives, Depus and few will get angry and shittu at those of us who see positives for the Wallabies. It not going to be fast, but I still maintain they have the players to improve , and if that makes me someone who shouldn't post on an Aus rugby site god help me.
Sorry Dan you're right. You are a saint.

The real reason I'm angry is that the Bears got cut and i just can't force myself to support a rando team in league.

And AFL? who the fuck wants to watch a bunch of unco fluffybunnys run around lots?

That leaves me with midnight sports such as the EPL and NFL. Which are on after midnight......

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
4) Reiko Ioane continues to worry. He is out of position way too often, relying on speed to compensate. Yet at the highest level, you can't afford to think he's going to be so much faster all the time than that specific opponent.

I think it's less out of position and more deliberate. During Super Rugby-TT the Blues were very successful in having him blitz hard from centre and relying on his pace to recover if needed. I wasn't paying too much attention to this match, but I think he often did the same from centre in Bledisloe II.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
You're fine mate. Ignore Derpus - he's clearly lost it.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Swap 12 and 13 (sheesh, can't believe I'm saying it)
If Cooper has been doing as well as reported AND if JOC (James O'Connor) is still not available - 10: Cooper 15: Hodge 23: Petaia
Or, send the team OS for their sabbatical, and bring them back in form equal to Hooper and Kerevi. I’d be tempted to leave a couple over there

• Wow
Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
That leaves me with midnight sports such as the EPL and NFL. Which are on after midnight..

Been toying with the idea of NFL. Doesn't matter the start time. Just play the recording.

A big NO to round ball.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Or, send the team OS for their sabbatical, and bring them back in form equal to Hooper and Kerevi. I’d be tempted to leave a couple over there
Is either actually playing any better than they were before they left?

Hooper's still our best and hardest-working player and Kerevi's doing what he always did- runs hard, breaks tackles, forces offloads and struggles to pass.