• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Brumbies Rd 9, Friday 10 April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pocock was immense, dominated everything. Have him starting for the Wallabies any day of the week after that performance. Also an impressive showing by the Brumbies #23.

Hopefully Sio and To'omua's injuries aren't bad.

Well done Blues.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Good 1st by the Blues, absolutely terrible 2nd. Brumbies were unlucky with injuries and they can't kick for shit, when does Lealiifano get rid of his hook to the left? Missed a sitter from 20m right in front

he was kicking everything for a while.. the ankle has really ruined .. I think someone who could have been a great..

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Who spoke to the ref at half time. Oh wait blues won this one, we won't whinge this week. :rolleyes:

So.. you'll get a dig in either way right?

Gee Nic White had a shocker all round tonight. Mistake after mistake, berating referees all game, capped off with a missed kick. I know halfbacks are chirpy but he needs to learn some manners.

Pocock is still scary good, he almost won the game for the Brumbies himself. I don't watch the Blues much but Jerome Kaino sticks out big time every single match. Immense.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So.. you'll get a dig in either way right?

Gee Nic White had a shocker all round tonight. Mistake after mistake, berating referees all game, capped off with a missed kick. I know halfbacks are chirpy but he needs to learn some manners.

Pocock is still scary good, he almost won the game for the Brumbies himself. I don't watch the Blues much but Jerome Kaino sticks out big time every single match. Immense.

I wouldnt say Nic White had a bad game, he spoke to much and missed the last kick.. but mostly his very good.. We just didn't get there.. Poey was a demon.. there is something seriously crazy about how he gets into a ruck and with half luck his first half woudl have had 2 more turn overs which went against the Brumbies (other players).. In tight he is just a beast..

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well after watching that a few things come to mind, Pocock was immense for Brumbies as was Kaino for the Blues. Not sure when I have seen a more average game by 2 halfbacks, I have talked Nic White up a bit this season, but he was very slow right from start of the game tonight, Gibson-Parkes seems to only be able to pass one way confidently, and was generally quite poor.
Also can add again good to see after the game how genuinely the players seem to get on with each other from the 2 teams, to see Kaino and Pocock chatting away as 2 players who had just hammered the shit out of each other is still what I want to see.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not having a go. People over for a BBQ. Missed 30 minutes after oranges while cooking.

He basically turned the game in our favor, probably 2- 3 in the second half .. maybe 4 that he was the only Brumby in there .. it was very impressive..

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
^^^ How many did he get?
3 penalties awarded.
No clean turnovers but 3 hold ons is damn good.

White fast slipping to 3rd in the 9 stakes if not already there.

Tomane should be dropping from contention, or under high ball, ineffectual defence or just plain misses, and poor handling. There have to be better options. Did Speight get the ball once? Bad attack structures especially in the first half where they looked like the Force with one out runners with no offload options or even a hint of a second pass off the ruck.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see him hitting some form and producing some competition for the 7 Jumper for RWC.

Any reports on To'omua's injury?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
3 penalties awarded.
No clean turnovers but 3 hold ons is damn good.

White fast slipping to 3rd in the 9 stakes if not already there.

Tomane should be dropping from contention, or under high ball, ineffectual defence or just plain misses, and poor handling. There have to be better options. Did Speight get the ball once? Bad attack structures especially in the first half where they looked like the Force with one out runners with no offload options or even a hint of a second pass off the ruck.

Speight was still pretty good, I recoken if you see his states he will be up the top of them for the game..

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Speight was still pretty good, I recoken if you see his states he will be up the top of them for the game..
Not doubting he did well with what he had, I agree, but the Brumbies already missing TK need to make better use of their best attacking resources, one out rugby league style hit ups is not anything of the sort.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not doubting he did well with what he had, I agree, but the Brumbies already missing TK need to make better use of their best attacking resources, one out rugby league style hit ups is not anything of the sort.
Remember we lost To'omua as well Sio early .. well too early

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I feel today has been a shitty day, lost the one of the best guys in cricket ever.... and the Brumbies lost (although I think an amazing game)..

Status
Not open for further replies.