• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Broadcast options for Australian Rugby

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I must agree that I have had a fair bit of timber in the trouser region seeing all those ads at AO. The Northern Beaches of Sydney has a stack of bus stop ads.
Makes me nervous, if after all this publicity that Australians don't tune-in in great numbers (which is extremely likely) then the game is more fucked than I thought.
Fingers crossed.
As a family who pays - per months - $90 for foxtel, $10 for netflix, $10 for spotify - I can't justify another $20 a month for Stan. The kids love foxtel so we're not getting rid of it so I'll see how 9GEM's coverage goes on friday night.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cheika made a comment as Wallaby coach that he doesn't do analysis of opposition..

Direct quote from article https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...an-sport-commentary-team-20210216-p572t7.html

“Obviously I have an interesting perspective because I have been on the other side. If you have an opinion, it’s based on evidence, not just a thought. It’s also about trying to connect the dots for people around what players and coaches are thinking or doing as opposed to judging them. I won’t be going on TV to judge anybody.”

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
And both have really interesting backgrounds and perspective. Coaching, grassroots, playing both here and abroad. I'm keen to see how they go.

f7d31c1196597c33344ccb46187d3915c08f0b2f

Should be a bit of colour.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Really? Both Campo and Cheika have track records of actually being interesting, unlike Kearns.

And both have really interesting backgrounds and perspective. Coaching, grassroots, playing both here and abroad. I'm keen to see how they go.

I generally agree. The only potential problem with Campo is that he's often a bit of a downer on the modern game. I think one problem with the Fox commentary team was that they'd sometimes be a bit too negative about the sport and the spectacle, as if watching the game through more of a rugby league lens. I really hope the Nine/Stan team don't fall into this too much.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I generally agree. The only potential problem with Campo is that he's often a bit of a downer on the modern game.

I'm imagining this will be just like Matt Burke for Channel Ten: "Why don't they just chuck it to the backs to win the game?" while camped inside our own 22 and getting knocked backwards in the 79th minute after 25 unforced handling errors.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I understand Chekia, he is a recent Wallabies coach. Campo is a bit old for my taste. I was hopefully they'd unearth some new, young talent, someone who'd just finished playing.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
anyone know the deal with the Shute Shield? One match a week simulcast on FTA/Stan? Only on Stan? More than one match? Google didnt help.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Really? Both Campo and Cheika have track records of actually being interesting, unlike Kearns.

I really disliked Kearns and thought he never added much to the conversation, but at least I could understand him....

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
anyone know the deal with the Shute Shield? One match a week simulcast on FTA/Stan? Only on Stan? More than one match? Google didnt help.

The number of matches on FTA will drop from one a week (as it was on ABC/7Mate) to being a handful throughout the season, unfortunately. But at least one a week on Stan.