• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
1677198860075.png
1677198883985.png

So the injured players must be as follows -

Billy Pollard
Harry Vella
Sefo Kautai
Tom Hooper
Ed Kennedy
Charlie Cale
Jahrome Brown
Klayton Thorn
Hudson Creighton
Chris Feauai-Sautia

Interesting to see Lachlan Albert on the bench after he was cut last year from the fulltime squad.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and it was pretty shit on TV.
Yellow on White doesn't work, the thin blue line isn't enough to contrast it
To be honest I didn't even notice it during the game, I'll go back and have a look at some point.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
probably looked alright on the designers computer screen. They should always make a test one, go outside and see how it works before making the match day version

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
I am interested to find out which John I Dent clubs have some of the new EDS players will be playing with
Jarrah McLeod
Shane Wilcox
Lachie Shaw
Cullen Gray
Matias Jensen
Sam Thomson
Toby McPherson

Last edited:

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Brumbies put up a post about Tom Hooper being out long-term. Any idea how long that's for?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Last I heard it was a broken foot - no details beyond that, but that’s more than shitty.
If it’s just a broken bone, that might leave enough time for him to get back on field for the last month and be available for the test matches to try and get into the RWC squad.
He’s the next Scott Fardy

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
On the subject of injuries, does anyone know the current status of Jahrome Brown, Sefu Kautai, Billy Pollard, Ed Kennedy, Chris Feauai-Sautia and Fred Kaihea? Are they all out injured?

Did Len Ikitau pull up with an injury from the Blues match?

Wallaby Way

Herbert Moran (7)
I am interested to find out which John I Dent clubs have some of the new EDS players will be playing with
Jarrah McLeod
Shane Wilcox
Lachie Shaw
Cullen Gray
Matias Jensen
Sam Thomson
Toby McPherson

Jarrah McLeod - Royals
Shane Wilcox - Vikings
Lachie Shaw - ??
Cullen Gray - Wests
Matias Jensen - Randwick?
Sam Thomson - ??
Toby McPherson - Uni-Norths

Wilson

David Codey (61)
It's been rumoured for a while, but it looks like Mowen will be joining the Brumbies as lineout coach next year:
Mowen, meanwhile, will join the Brumbies next year.

Also of note it looks like Palmer will be with the Wallabies in an apprenticeship under Hatley, which is probably the best possible outcome for the Brumbies - gets experience and mentorship at that top setup without being pulled entirely away.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
What is everyone's thoughts on Tua? I haven't been that impressed so far. Simone was such a huge loss to us

I like him. Yeah he's no Simone but he's been solid. Hardly put a foot wrong. Simone was superb his final year, but before that was probably mostly only solid with a few good games.

griffins

Bill Watson (15)
I like him. Yeah he's no Simone but he's been solid. Hardly put a foot wrong. Simone was superb his final year, but before that was probably mostly only solid with a few good games.

Seems to be better than Sapsford, who is an honest tryer at best. Tua doesn't have Simone's all round skillset but if he can do the basics and link well with Ikitau he will do.

If Ikitau is out we're stuffed vs the top teams though.