• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2023

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Anybody know if and when the Brumbies will be updating their website to show the current squad? Still shows the players from last year who have since left, while new faces aren't there at all.
Looks like the person who used to do the Waratahs has been transferred to the Brumbies site. The Waratahs now don't list their squad at all, or at least they've hidden it so well I can't find it.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I would have thought it would be a priority for the clubs to put faces to their names, especially the new ones. I might be the exception, but I like to know what all of the players, including those from other teams (Aus teams, at least) look like when I'm watching a game. The numbers they wear will mostly identify the position the player occupies but I prefer to be able to identify players in real time on the ground, rather than looking through team lists and perhaps still getting it wrong.

C'mon Brumbies and Tahs - get your respective acts together.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
In defence of the Brumbies there isn't much point investing in fan communication when you don't have any fans. Maybe when more than 10 people show up to a home game they'll get around to updating it.

In defence of the tahs (ugh, that feels gross) they have actually updated their squad on the website, the design is just terrible - when you go to the squad page you have to scroll halfway down the page - past the news section, super rugby table and a link to sign up as a member, before you see the actual players.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
In defence of the tahs (ugh, that feels gross) they have actually updated their squad on the website, the design is just terrible - when you go to the squad page you have to scroll halfway down the page - past the news section, super rugby table and a link to sign up as a member, before you see the actual players.
Thanks for that, I looked a couple of times and couldn't find it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
In defence of the Brumbies there isn't much point investing in fan communication when you don't have any fans. Maybe when more than 10 people show up to a home game they'll get around to updating it.

This is the kind of shit which should be taken over by a centralised Super Rugby body.
At the moment you have each union running a different web host and different standards.

There should be one single Super Rugby website that lists all teams, all players from both Australia and NZ, this should include all relevant stats and information about the players presented in a uniform and professional manner. You know, kind of how the NRL and AFL do it :rolleyes:

Whilst they're at it they can provide an injury update list as well

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
This is just plain wrong. In the days of old, when we would get 20k to every game the comms was just as much a mess as it is now. I fondly recall one year when they didn't even bother to proof read the season guide.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Was just wondering if he had something up. DId he play any trials?

Ala'alatoa, Neville, Frost, Valetini, Samu, Ikitau, Wright all starting. Noah, Slipper, White, Swain on the bench. 50 min mark subs?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
To sign him to an extension like that before a game of Super Rugby is played shows he has something.

Valetini till 2027 is such good news for Aus and the Brums.

Reckon McInerney forces someone out? As a Tahs fan I'll happily take Pollard off your hands since Lonergan is a local. Tahs have to be looking since post RWC it wouldn't surprise me to see Porecki, Latu move on

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
To sign him to an extension like that before a game of Super Rugby is played shows he has something.

Valetini till 2027 is such good news for Aus and the Brums.

Reckon McInerney forces someone out? As a Tahs fan I'll happily take Pollard off your hands since Lonergan is a local. Tahs have to be looking since post RWC it wouldn't surprise me to see Porecki, Latu move on

I reckon more & more sides are going to start getting a 3 player rotation happening in the front row