• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Cheetahs Super Rugby R3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Gutsy no, lucky yes.

Robbed.

Seriously, the Cheetahs only have themselves to blame, there mindset in the last 20 was woeful and a better team would have put them away by twenty. Don't know if they ran out of energy but they certainly ran out of attitude.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scott fardy had a great game off the bench, surely he would push for a start over hand, who is old and useless.

Had good impact off the bench but I don't know if he'd be pushing for a starting spot yet, particularly with Power to come back...

He's also an EPS player...

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Agreed with the last call and overall for 80mins they were imo the better team, if that is what you meant by been serious.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Agreed with the last call and overall for 80mins they were imo the better team, if that is what you meant by been serious.

I wouldn't say there were better for the overall 80 mins...

The Brumbies were the better team in the first and last 20 minutes of the game, and fortunately that's when it mattered the most...

humanbeast

Ted Fahey (11)
Had good impact off the bench but I don't know if he'd be pushing for a starting spot yet, particularly with Power to come back...

He's also an EPS player...

Yeah forgot about power, either way I don't think hand should be put back in

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gutsy no, lucky yes.

Robbed.

Tough loss to take those ones, but I still can't believe in thAt last couple of minutes Cheetahs had won thE TO ball and then tried some hail mary basketball type pass in traffic. Just boot the leather downfield or keep it hand when your up by 2 points.

Can't remember which player it was but I wonder if he's looked Drotske in the eye yet...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd have to watch it again, but I thought Nic White was very unlucky to have that pass to Smith called forward early in the second half when the Brumbies were on attack in the Cheetahs 22m and they had an overlap...

Anyways, as I've already said -

There's some really good talent in that backline, and when they eventually combine it's going to be something special... but there are still some defensive issues to tidy up...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I'd have to watch it again, but I thought Nic White was very unlucky to have that pass to Smith called forward early in the second half when the Brumbies were on attack in the Cheetahs 22m and they had an overlap...

True. But so could the Cheetahs when Daniller passed to Le Roux in the first half

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Great win brumbies. It was very predictable at the end but great decision making in taking the points and when the scrum came with 10 seconds to go I knew it was going to come down the fanos boot.

Notice how the ref let players go head first ass up in the rucks? no off feet at breakdown reffed there.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gutsy no, lucky yes.

Robbed.

Explain to me how the Cheetahs were robbed.. The Cheetahs lost all intensity in the second half and relied on 'hail mary' style rugby in the later stages of the game. The Cheetahs also fell into the trap of closing up shop to protect their fragile lead. By no means are the Brumbies a top flight side, but resting on your laurels after gaining a narrow lead will never win you a rugby match, especially with a large chunk of time left on the clock.

Incidentally, the better team did actually win. I have always believed that if you are ahead on the scoreboard after 80, then you are the better team.

/end rant.

SuperGrover

Darby Loudon (17)
You can see why the broncos let mogg go, the kick out on the full was a bit of shocker. But to his credit he had some good runs as well.

I don't see how Mogg's kicking would be why the Bronco's cut him. In league no one outside the halves and hooker needs to be able to kick.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Cheetahs bombed this. Fitness? Stopped playing with 20 to go.

The Cheetah 3 practically lost the game single handedly. Three early engages in the last 15 minutes. Once, okay, twice, maybe but three times? Knob.

Sorry to say this but the Brumbies look a pale grey shade of ordinary.

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
These are the games we lost last year, in fact we lost to both Force and Cheetahs, so great start.

I agree with earlier comments about Ita Vaea, I thought in game 1 he did some good things, but his work rate is nowhere near where it needs to be, and I'm sure standing around in the backline waiting for the ball is not the breakdown impact Jake wanted. The energy level definitely lifted when Hooper came on and our breakdown in both attack and defense was far better.
Mowen is proving a good leader with decisions and play.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't see how Mogg's kicking would be why the Bronco's cut him. In league no one outside the halves and hooker needs to be able to kick.

I was referring more to his mentality. He does some good things as well as some bad.

I dont doubt that mogg could have made that kick at training, but under preassure during a game he fluffed it. As I said though he did some good things as well.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Mowen has done well in the first few games and is certainly up there with higgers for the wallaby 6 jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.