• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Rebels, June 3, 7:45pm, Canberra Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The chance for the Brumbies to wrap up the conference but this could be seen as a danger game against the Brumbies bogey side. Add in the short week after flying back from Argentina and it could be closer than most think.

Ben Alexander was to play in his 143rd game for the Brumbies but got injured at training during the week. 2 other changes on the bench - Staniforth and Ah Wong in.

Nick Briant will be the ref.

BRUMBIES
1. Nic MAYHEW
2. Josh MANN-REA
3. Allan Ala'alatoa
4. Rory ARNOLD
5. Sam CARTER (c)
6. Scott FARDY
7. Chris ALCOCK
8. Jordan SMILER
9. Joe POWELL
10. Wharenui HAWERA
11. Aidan TOUA
12. Kyle GODWIN
13. Tevita KURIDRANI
14. Henry SPEIGHT
15. Tom BANKS

REPLACEMENTS
16. Robbie ABEL
17. Faalelei SIONE
18. Leslie LEULUA’IALI’I-MAKIN
19. Tom STANIFORTH
20. Jarrad BUTLER
21. De Wet ROOS
22. Andrew MUIRHEAD
23. Nigel AH WONG

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Our team will be out tonight if history tells us anything. Aside from Sean, think we can field the same team from last week. Hopefully, LT is back and could slot into lock or 6.

Wondering when JD is back?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
rebels team

1. Toby Smith
2. James Hanson
3. Tyrel Lomax
4. Steve Cummins
5. Lopeti Timani
6. Hugh Sinclair
7. Colby Fainga’a
8. Amanaki Mafi
9. Nic Stirzaker (Captain)
10. Ben Volavola
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Mitch Inman
13. Tom English
14. Sefa Naivalu
15. Reece Hodge

Reserves
16. Siliva Siliva
17. Cruze Ah-Nau
18. Laurie Weeks
19. Culum Retallick
20. Will Miller
21. Ben Meehan
22. Jackson Garden-Bachop
23. Jonah Placid

cannot at all fathom why Volavola continues to start

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
personally i would have persisted with JG-B, he at least looks like a 10 and tries to tackle even if pretty ineffectual. they have nothing to lose by blooding the young blokes and letting them develop. the 10's have suffered playing outside Stirzaker and Meehan and behind a pack with little or no go forward most of the time.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If I had anything to do with the Brumbies' attack plan, I'd have Tom Banks looking for Volavola at every opportunity, where-ever he might be standing/hiding.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
personally i would have persisted with JG-B, he at least looks like a 10 and tries to tackle even if pretty ineffectual. they have nothing to lose by blooding the young blokes and letting them develop. the 10's have suffered playing outside Stirzaker and Meehan and behind a pack with little or no go forward most of the time.

I maintain that giving Reece one game at 10 would be interesting, bringing Jonah into fullback...

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Nah, give Bip 15 minutes at stand off in the 2nd half before you pull little red.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Nah, give Bip 15 minutes at stand off in the 2nd half before you pull little red.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
If it were the start of the season I'd agree. As it is I don't see much point, may as well give VV and JG-B some more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.