• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Reds Super Rugby round 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
ACT,

It would be fair enough if he had been picking that up all night, but for most he favoured the defensive team. That sort of stuff was let go in the first half when the reds were often in attack, but he changes tack at halftime?!

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Slim, do you deliberately drench each of your posts in irony? If so, it's bloody impressive, so well done.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Well I'm sure the Refs talk about their games at half time too. So it's not supprising that they do things different in the second half.

J

Jiggles

overall I think Walsh, while pedantic, got most of the game right. both teams played negative rugby. It's not his role to guarantee running rugby.

As for Hooper v. Gill? well they're like the the north and south end of a magnet.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
For a while I thought hooper was having a better game but then gill did some pretty crucial stuff and IMO ended that one on top.

There is a bee's foreskin separating them though.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Shot game. Good result.

The Reds were better than that verse the Lions and the Brumbies still could not get up. Is it possible that the adrenaline of last week with the new bloke coming into 10 and all the boys rallying will prove an anomaly. Could be pretty tough in Brumbieland for the rest of the season.

Only player that did selection chances any good was Morahan. Coming good at the right time and will have him as a bolter for my Wallabies team. Better all round game than Shipperly who just looks like a finisher the further we get into the season.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Shit game. Good result.

It's funny when Brumbies fans consider their sides worst two games as those against Reds. The Reds were better than that verse the Lions and the Brumbies still could not get up. Is it possible that the adrenaline of last week with the new bloke coming into 10 and all the boys rallying will prove an anomaly. Could be pretty tough in Brumbieland for the rest of the season.

Only player that did selection chances any good was Morahan. Coming good at the right time and will have him as a bolter for my Wallabies team. Better all round game than Shipperly who just looks like a finisher the further we get into the season.
Morahan has got better, for sure. I would still be wary about his defence, which has never been a massive plus for him. He is doing the other things well, though. None of the wings / fullbacks really had much chance to shine tonight, unfortunately. He was the best of the lot.

J

Jiggles

I still wouldn't pick him in a 30 man squad. Yes he does a lot of good things, but he is still to indecisive and erratic with his options. maybe in 1 or 2 years he will be a viable option.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
So let me get this straight.. You are saying the performance of a outside back has absolutely no relevance to who is playing 5/8..... hmm

Yes especially if at that point the 10 has been back for two halves of rugby, the second of which he has barely touched the ball.

Marto's man love for Cooper is embarrassing.

What do you think is more relevant? The one or two passes that Cooper has thrown that has made Morahan look goof or Morahan's own settling into the position and ability?

I vote for the latter.

This falls into the same category of Marto calling "great kick" before the ball has even hit the ground.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Brumbies seemed scared in the 2nd half to give their backs the ball for any purpose other than kick it away.

Tomane's talent wasted tonight.

Well done to the Reds for winning in Canberra two years in a row and keeping their season alive.

Pocock for Wallabies captain?

Based on the actual times we have sighted them as captains, I think there's no doubt that Genia would captain the Wallabies better than Pocock, and that's no disrespect to Pocock whatsoever.

Pocock has not shown much as a captain yet, and IMO Genia was excellent in Horwill's absence in 2010 and has much more playing experience under his belt since.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Based on the actual times we have sighted them as captains, I think there's no doubt that Genia would captain the Wallabies better than Pocock, and that's no disrespect to Pocock whatsoever.

Pocock has not shown much as a captain yet, and IMO Genia was excellent in Horwill's absence in 2010 and has much more playing experience under his belt since.
I agree. Also no disrespect to Pocock I just think Genia is better and more experienced at it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

I agree about Pocock, but bear in mind, he is captaining something of a basket case team (sorry Force fans) so that doesn't help. I think Mowen has looked the best capatin of the Aus S15 teams, with Delve close. It has to be an auto-pick, and at the rate they are falling, that's Genia, Moore or Robinson (outside Pocock, obviously). No-brainer really. Full credit (Ding), well played (Ding), talked about it during the week (Ding) - come on down Sanchez.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Off topic but I'm watching the force game now and Pocock is just another 7 now that plays rugby. Gill,hooper talks more than him. Genia will or should be stand in captain for the wallabies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I agree about Pocock, but bear in mind, he is captaining something of a basket case team (sorry Force fans) so that doesn't help. I think Mowen has looked the best capatin of the Aus S15 teams, with Delve close. It has to be an auto-pick, and at the rate they are falling, that's Genia, Moore or Robinson (outside Pocock, obviously). No-brainer really. Full credit (Ding), well played (Ding), talked about it during the week (Ding) - come on down Sanchez.

But he is David Pocock, Astra 2012 male best personality nominee Phil kerns says so.
Time for Pocock to move on from the force, he is the best player on the field but also he is then only one

J

J0HN

I have no issue with what Walsh penalized....

I disagree. Walsh was terrible as evidenced by the fact that neither side was confident in the interpretations to play any rugby. He did not cost either side the game in a biased way but he was still terrible.

The Brumbies lost with dumb kicking and lots of it. Mogg needs to read the rule book on when he can kick out on the full. He has not developed from the first few games and as a Brumbies fan I fear he has peaked.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I disagree. Walsh was terrible as evidenced by the fact that neither side was confident in the interpretations to play any rugby. He did not cost either side the game in a biased way but he was still terrible.

The Brumbies lost with dumb kicking and lots of it. Mogg needs to read the rule book on when he can kick out on the full. He has not developed from the first few games and as a Brumbies fan I fear he has peaked.
No, both sides relentlessly pushed the boundaries, and generally did not heed his calls to alter that, so they were pinged. He wasn't making penalties up.

Status
Not open for further replies.