• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Hurricanes Round 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
From memory Andrew Smith played some games at 12 a few years ago (maybe when McCabe was injured?) and went alright. He wasn't a second playmaker but he ran straight & hard and defended well, so I reckon he should do OK at 12 if needed.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The game in which Matty To'omua smashed Billy Twelvetrees so often that he looked like a rabbit in headlights for a long time afterwards.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Ok in that case and in my opinion the Brumbies not making the final will be a failure for them. That is a settled looking setup and should be peaking this year.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I expect the Brumbies to adopt the wider, more attacking play that they showcased in the Reds' trial match.

The catchword needs to be 'precision'. Any dropped ball out wide or loose pass that can be intercepted will be likely to end in a runaway try to the Hurricanes if their outside backs get their hands on the ball.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
wider than the trial? Does that involved Tomane sitting in the stands? They used Ita and Ala'alatoa up the middle a few times, but then got it wide quickly plenty of times and Tomane found heaps of space.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure how laumape will go at inside centre for the canes.. He has a fantastic running game and will trample a few blokes, but I don't think I saw him pass the pass once in his league career.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Match-defining moment right there from Henry Speight. Surly can't be called back for the scrum falling apart. Isn't, Brums 17-3 'canes.

Status
Not open for further replies.