• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Hurricanes Round 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Are the Brumbies so strong or the Canes so weak?

Hard to tell. They look noticeably quicker and fitter than the Canes. I actually think we're beginning to see the NRC effect flow through. Players are arriving at preseason significantly fitter and that allows you to work harder and maintain skills a lot longer.

M

Moono75

KIA wants to pull their Canes sponsorship. Said they had enough crash test dumbies.....ouch!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hard to tell. They look noticeably quicker and fitter than the Canes. I actually think we're beginning to see the NRC effect flow through. Players are arriving at preseason significantly fitter and that allows you to work harder and maintain skills a lot longer.

Yep.........

The regular playing time of the UC Vikings contingent has considerably strengthened the Brumbies depth over the past two seasons.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Yep...

The regular playing time of the UC Vikings contingent has considerably strengthened the Brumbies depth over the past two seasons.

I think we'll see it with most if not allvthe Aus sides. It was quite evident in the Force/Canes trial in Gosford that the Force we're noticeably quicker and fitter as well.

G

galumay

Finally Poey gets sent to the naughty chair - about 40 mins later than he should have been. Surprisingly seemingly incapable of playing within the rules as applied by the ref.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Finally Poey gets sent to the naughty chair - about 40 mins later than he should have been. Surprisingly seemingly incapable of playing within the rules as applied by the ref.
Are you talking about when the ref penalties him and says I didn't see it but I believe he didn't release, it was the right call but to card something you don't see is a big call. First game we are finding the edge of the law.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

It's a pleasant change from the old days when Aussie teams were notoriously slow out of the blocks at the start of a Super Rugby season, inevitably leading to claims that Aussie rugby was on the rocks. The bumboys looks the goods today. Great defence. Outstanding in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.