• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Reds, week 3 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
According to the Foxsports commentators Giteau had his best game of the season tonight. He must have been absolutely woeful in the others then.

The Brumbies were lucky for not getting carded as it seemed every time the Reds got anywhere near the Brumbies 22 they gave away a penalty.

Can someone lift Dan Palmer's workrate as he has to be a shoe-in for the Wallabies this year.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) seemed off his game tonight has he been like that all season or was he too busy during the week playing politics to train?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
i've never been convinced of AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13. He just blends into the background. Altho having a shithouse 10 never helps.

T

TOCC

Quade Coopers haul of 26 points in the second largest for the Reds now, he has the most points in a individual match after his 31point haul last year versus the Crusaders as well.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
anyone see the possession stats post game? I don't think we had much. Brumbies very cynical and gave away a lot of penalties which I suspect is why we kicked so much. Clever Link for predicting the game plan methinks. Did Chambers or Ant Fainga'a touch the ball from a backline play, if not the whole game?

Very happy with the hoodoo breaking win. Some very solid performances.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quade Coopers haul of 26 points in the second largest for the Reds now, he has the most points in a individual match after his 31point haul last year versus the Crusaders as well.

also set the record for the most penalties by a RED in a Super Rugby match.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Brumbies very cynical and gave away a lot of penalties which I suspect is why we kicked so much.

Presume Justin Harrison is in charge of cynical infringements.

Pretty funny flashing to the ponies coaches box and seeing the five of them, and then seeing Link. What a fuck up.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Hats off to the reds. They played the game they needed.

The reaction from the brumbies player after the game said it all. Waking up to thought that we're the problem not coach.

Very dark days for the club

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Brumbies where ***** at the break down and in the last 30 mins of the game there needed to be a yellow card there, the one right on there own goal line was almost penalty try worthy...

That said, I am a grade one referee and I love breaking out the cards and penalty tries, nothing so satisfying to see some little cynical try stopped get rolled...

Link's gameplan was very, very good. Exploited the brumbies v. well.

You may complain we only scored one try however it could have been four if not for some ***** being so cynical.

Good win

O

OLDDOG

He was fine silm. Very good in fact. Brumbies very badly disciplined.

hMMM, not sure i agree, he was OK, not brilliant. Was it just my imagination or was he giving the reds about 10 nanoseconds of advantage over brumby infringements, whilst giving the brumbies the advantage call for about 1 minute plus ??????

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Reds scrum held up better than expected till Slipper went off (see him icing that left knee on the sideline). Thought Daley actually had a solid all round game. Holmes is not comfortable at Tighthead, sadly.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
well it is another bad win for the Reds, in a way that is good for them, in seasons past they could not get a win in a bad game so if they can find some form they will go well.

What happened to the outside centres tonight? I only counted AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) touching the ball 3 times and Chambers once. Chambers put a good tackle on at the death to stop a runaway try, I think this was overlooked due to QC (Quade Cooper) stealing the ball a few seconds later.

Very impressed with Gill, loved his positioning at the scrum, his shoulder was in a great spot to help his prop and it is about time that we see a pack trying to work as a team. Houston still lets the reds pack asa 7 man scrum and then pops his head in. When Higgenbum moved to 8 he actually packed like a true tight forward and provided some extra effort. If QLD is to achieve success at scrum time they need to be a team.

I was also very happy with Valentine tonight, it was great to see Rucking back in the game. If a hand is on the ball then it deserves to be stomped on. Well done!

McCabe is outstanding, but I cant find a spot for him in the Wallabies

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Reds scrum held up better than expected till Slipper went off (see him icing that left knee on the sideline). Thought Daley actually had a solid all round game. Holmes is not comfortable at Tighthead, sadly.
Was it a knee?
looked to be more on the thigh, I was thinking a cork?

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Very impressed with Gill, loved his positioning at the scrum, his shoulder was in a great spot to help his prop and it is about time that we see a pack trying to work as a team. Houston still lets the reds pack asa 7 man scrum and then pops his head in. When Higgenbum moved to 8 he actually packed like a true tight forward and provided some extra effort. If QLD is to achieve success at scrum time they need to be a team.

Yeah it was a nice little cameo for Gill. Higgers needs angry pills, when he plays with purpose or even venom he starts to impress.

Was it a knee?
looked to be more on the thigh, I was thinking a cork?

Hope so!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Really, this is one of the greatest ever wins for the Reds, considering they have never ever won in Canberra. The team should be pround and belief should be strong. Have the bye now to help out with any niggling injuries and then we come up against the Rebels at home, which, I think, we should win just because our players seem to be able to follow a game plan.

T

TOCC

Reds first win over the Brumbies in Canberra is a impressive feat no matter how it was conjured.... First Reds win in 12 years is also impressive ;)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Brumbies fans only think they're in pain now. After next week at the Crusaders they will really know pain. The performance tonight was poor in the extreme and their only hope is that the Crusaders implode in the wake of the earthquake (some sort of second game syndrome).

A couple of weeks ago someone posted that they thought that the Brumbies might finish last in the conference. I thought they were nuts but now I'm not so sure.

Week three has been a huge reality check for all five Aussie teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.