• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Waratahs - Round 2, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
uploadfromtaptalk1456776486058.jpg

20k in Canberra? Looks difficult

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
20K would have been easy of the game was on Saturday but the Raiders are on then so that's why it's Friday.

Brumbies will go in unchanged and it would be hard to deny anyone their place after last weeks game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Brumbies by 30+ from what I saw last week.

Less than 20 me thinks, but the ponies should do enough,

The Tah's defence is far more effective than the Cane's passive rubbish and the Tahs will score some points, just not enough

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i dunno, the ponies were good on the weekend but were made to look a lot better by an inept cane's side. it'll be a typical arm wrestle.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
i dunno, the ponies were good on the weekend but were made to look a lot better by an inept cane's side. it'll be a typical arm wrestle.
Tahs will struggle in set piece, and at the breakdown where they didn't do enough, and Pocock, Fardy et all will be a sterner exam than the Reds provided there. In fact, apart from defence, it's hard to see a facet in which the Tahs look likely to be a match, or even that close.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Tahs will struggle in set piece, and at the breakdown where they didn't do enough, and Pocock, Fardy et all will be a sterner exam than the Reds provided there. In fact, apart from defence, it's hard to see a facet in which the Tahs look likely to be a match, or even that close.

A struggling set piece to the Tahs, and a superior breakdown and turnover to the Brumbies. Recipe for Tahs getting pinned down the left and not allowed out of their quarter. We've seen it before.

I'm hoping Waratahs push this one hard, but Im seeing ponies all the way.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Could well be right about the arm wrestle AM but to say the Brumbies were made to look better by an inept opponent, and not make the same comment about the Tahs is probably an oversight. IMO Reds were a factor more inept than the Canes.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Brumbies by 50 on last week's perfomance, but we all know that means nothing when two teams start at nil all.
The Brumbies were so much better than the Tahs in every respect bar defence last week, I think they are raging favourites, unless some miracle can turn the Tahs set peice around. I do think the Brumbies will find the Tahs defence a sterner test than the Canes, but it will need to be considering they will have all the footy.
Anyone know what prop will be on the bench for the Tahs, given Robinson looks to be unavailable?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's a few Tahs players that have really given the Brumbies some grief in their recent losses (Folau, Skelton, Hooper)............

They'll be a far more formidable opposition than the Canes..........

I think it'll be close.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Brums second front row is arguably better than the tahs first. The tahs second front row will struggle if Robinson's not available. That should be enough to give the Brums the edge, I still think it will be tight though.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies by 30+ from what I saw last week.

As Fatprop says the only thing that stands it the way is the defensive set up and attitude of Grey. However they were rarely tested to any great degree against the Reds so it is hard to judge how they truly are in that facet and we are making some assumptions based on the system from last year and from the Wallabies displays.

I worry about the set pieces.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Could well be right about the arm wrestle AM but to say the Brumbies were made to look better by an inept opponent, and not make the same comment about the Tahs is probably an oversight. IMO Reds were a factor more inept than the Canes.

not an oversight at all :)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Great to see Matt Sandell getting an opportunity, as a THP it appears Ryan will again play long minutes at LHP

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyone know what prop will be on the bench for the Tahs, given Robinson looks to be unavailable?

Matt Sandell has been given the nod. Played well in the NRC but strikes me as more of an "around the park" prop than an "I just love scrums" prop

Status
Not open for further replies.