• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
Brilliant run by Trinity 12 looks like a try but he dropped the ball in touching down - still 36-24 but Knox pinned to their tryline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dontreachyoungbloods

Allen Oxlade (6)
Okay, quick summary from Knox. An end-to-end affair with lots of line breaks - and the score obviously reflects a few defensive lapses. Knox really should have won by 20, but the young 14 (a year 10 I believe) had four tries allowed on his side and at least a couple of them could have been stopped if he didn't come in and held his position on his winger. I think he'll learn from it and is obviously a talent to have been called up. Good luck to him moving forward.

Knox played pretty well across the park: forwards, in particular Cheal, Grobbler and Gratwicke, all did well. Fitzgerald at 5/8 was also very strong - I understand he's known for a great kicking game (which he had) but also controlled his backline really well.

For Trinity, Edmed, Ilias and Lambert were a class above, although Edmed pushed a few passes trying to get his team going. The rest of their team struggled. A few of the forwards seemed more intent on winning the niggle than the game. They had a couple of deserved yellow cards which didn't help their cause.

A surprise win for Knox, but given around 2/3 of the team are year 11 or under, there is some hope for the future.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
FT 46-38 to Knox

Huge for Knox and with the result of Aloys v Barker, Knox could be in with a real shot at another upset against Aloys next weekend.

Aloys were pretty unlucky today but in saying that, they brought the smallest team to play against the biggest pack in CAS, they never protected their own breakdown and Barker duly punished them for it grabbing 20 or so ruck steals it seemed. Aloys just looked lost after half time, the first half was actually fairly close but the second half with only about 35% possession all game Aloys just collapsed after defending for so long and they got torn apart.

Will be very surprised if Barker lose next week especially if they play as they did today. Aloys need a big lift to get over Knox and Brook especially with the amount of injuries it looked like they got during the game (I think abut 5-6 players left the field hurt)

Jason_phillips_Knox

Stan Wickham (3)
Good win from the Knox boys today, unfortunately not able to be there. Was in the east and got to Cranbrook with Waverley up by 7 not sure who scored. Cranbrook really gave it a go in the first half with The 15 scoring in the corner to give cranbrook a try. Was then the 13 who scored in the corner again giving cranbrook a 12-10 lead. Middle of second half a few good runs from the 12, when he scored after a 60m run out Waverley back in the game and went on to win 21-12. Good effort from the Brook, and Waverley did really miss Moretti and Molloy out there today.

Reactions: WLF

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Re Waverley vs Cranbrook today (21-12), somewhat scrappy game but there were some brilliant displays in Defense from both sides. I thought both teams provided some serious attacking flair at times but the Defense was impeccable on both sides. Without Moretti, it was a good chance for some Waverley boys to step up which I thought was done greatly by Murphy, Hutchison-Walters and young Volkman as well. Murphy was outstanding in the breakdown and the backs played some good running rugby.

Cranbrook showed that they are no easy beat this week, with 12 year 11’s on the field I think they will be a good chance next year. I thought pakutoa filled in for White brilliantly and didn’t look out of place. Smith was great at controlling the game and kicked well both in general play and for touch. Oscar may was definitely best on the field for Cranbrook in his first game back and was putting on some serious hits all game.

Overall, pretty scrappy game and Waverley were definitely the better team and came away with a win despite a valiant effort from Cranbrook. I don’t think Waverley will have what it takes to beat barker without Moretti (I hear he’s out for the season). Cranbrook show great potential with their young players and will definitely have a decent crack come next year.

Good and fair summation SJ23,

I did think the man in the middle had a shocker, the game never got into gear, for both sides.

Moretti is back next week, he was rested having played Union and League rep games.
Next week at QP will be tough, a big crowd expected, hope for good weather for all games.
Let's see if Death Valley lives up to its name, normally does!

Cranbrook showed a heap of courage, they had a huge crack, heads high, and they will be better next year.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Hey, so is rumour (see post 1417) that Moretti has glandular fever BS?

Yep. It always amazes me why people wake up 1 day and think hey I will make something like that up.
He was at Cranbrook today watching and was fine, he just had a big work rate playing rep Union and League, which I think is quite understandable, he needed a break, we need him next week.

That was not to underestimate Cranbrook but he needed a break.

S

sidelineview

Hey, so is rumour (see post 1417) that Moretti has glandular fever BS?

The truth is he has come down with a bad dose of Bubonic plague and six Waverley players are out injured next week.
Barker will only need to turn up next week and go through the motions to win easily. In fact, they might as well skip training this week and take it easy.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The truth is he has come down with a bad dose of Bubonic plague and six Waverley players are out injured next week.
Barker will only need to turn up next week and go through the motions to win easily. In fact, they might as well skip training this week and take it easy.

Photo of the Waverley team this morning.

th

Status
Not open for further replies.