• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2019

Peabody

Herbert Moran (7)
Knox well beaten after a promising start. Forwards more than held their own, especially at scrum time. They pushed New’s pack around (including New’s front row “Sumo Wrestling Team”) in many a tussle. Knox backs lacked continuity with many wayward passes slowing momentum.

Well played by New - they will certainly be the Wild Card in the GPS Comp.

P. Parker

Allen Oxlade (6)
Results from Warrawee
13A’s Newington 37- Knox 0
14A’s Knox 17 - Newington 15
15A’s Newington won..not sure of score
16A’s Knox 12 - Newington 5
3rds Knox 41- Newington 12
2nds Knox leading 3-0 15 mins into 2nd half

6ths Knox won vs Newington 5ths
5ths Knox won vs Cranbrook 4ths
4ths Knox won
3rds Knox 50 - Newington 12
2nds Knox 10 - Newington 7
1sts Knox 12 - Newington 36

Knox were down 19-7 at half time.

Newington backline was very slick, with #11 running in trys seemingly every time he touched the ball.

2 yellow cards during the match - both for deliberate knock downs. The first was the Newington prop, the second the Knox winger.

Newington defence stifled the Knox backs, who went nowhere all day. Knox forwards were good in the set piece, but again had a hard time getting any go forward.

Knox made many, many simple errors, and struggled to go forward all day.

At 12-19 down half way through the second half, it looked like Knox might be in with a chance, but 3 quick trys by Newington put Knox to the sword.

Rumour had it that Newington had 12 players out injured after their recent Perth tour, so some quality to come back.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Some positive results from the day for Barker against Joeys at HH. Despite losing the 1sts 41/26 the game demonstrated that Barker will be competitive in the CAS round later in the year. They were without Adrian Brown and Billy Pollard so when they return they will have a bit more grunt in the forwards and some impact at the tackle. The seconds went down by 14 points despite being 7 all with 9 min to go.

Interestingly all Barkers under age A teams beat the Joeys Bs, which is saying something as Joeys are always very competitive in all age groups.

Any word on how Trinity and Aloys went today?

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington on their way to the try line to take the score to 24-12.

View attachment 10633

Hello P.Parker I though I would give give a Newington perspective which is not that different from yours

Newinington 36 beat Knox 12

What a game,at one stage New only lead 19-12

The difference was without doubt the Newington Backline. Fast, stylish and precise in its support play, excellent in its ability to change direction and an ability to play the entire length and breath of the field with the ball in hand.The first try was a length of the field effort, where the New Winger caught from a Knox pass the ball and out run the cover defence.

Knox stayed in the game, with grinding forward play and two opportuntistic tries through their backs.Their pack put the New Pack under pressure, particularly in the setpiece.

Other games of Interest Knox won seconds10-5

16As KGS 12b NC 5
15As NC 27b KGS 5
14As KGS 17b NC 15
13As NC 38 b KGS 0

Knox as expected were excellent hosts and their Gala Day created an excellent atmosphere.

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
No disrespect to Pius, but they are very weak this year. Difficult to gauge much from today.

Some interesting results in the 16's today by the looks.

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
Brook won, but only 25mins in total was played. Ambulance called for one of the Pius boys. He was OK I think.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
No disrespect to Pius, but they are very weak this year. Difficult to gauge much from today.

Some interesting results in the 16's today by the looks.

Yes very interesting, I suspect you guys won well.
We played St. Gregs today in our A and B age group teams due to the opens in Japan, which had a flow on effect from the opens, so all of the Shore A and B teams preferred to play Stannies, I get that, so in our age groups but it wasn't good.

Good games are now beginning for all of us.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
we won, but we played only about 25mins total. Ambulance called for one of the Pius boys. He was OK I think.

We in the 16s had the same, a Gregs boy dislocated hi elbow in the 1st 5 mins, ambo called, played 30 mins. Not good, poor boy.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
Speaking of glamour Joker, how were the Barker girls today? Up to the usual high standard?

The Barker Girls were in fine form much to the looks of astonishment from the younger Joeys boys.

it didn't look good after the first 20 minutes but some promising open flowing play from Barker got them a few tries. Yellow card to Joeys didn't help.

we won, but we played only about 25mins total. Ambulance called for one of the Pius boys. He was OK I think.
Yes I watched this game and it looked like Pius was on top for the majority of the game, they looked strong and in scoring opportunities. If the injury did not occur I believe Pius would’ve scored and won the game

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Speaking of glamour Joker, how were the Barker girls today? Up to the usual high standard?

Always a high standard

jamie.jpg

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
The Barker Girls were in fine form much to the looks of astonishment from the younger Joeys boys.

Yep, they had to look twice....
Little known fact, Chris Lilley was inspired to create "Ja'miie" by the gilrs he went to with at Barker College.

jamie-private-gal-e1381299119789.jpg

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I see Waverley lost to Paul Roos gymnasium school in Sanix

Score something like 40-20.

Bare in mind Paul Roos is like the joeys of South Africa
Have produced a huge number of springboks. 53?!

With a good consolation try to Waverley on the bell, bringing score to more respectability

Waverley probably happy not to have another game

As face Auggies and Joeys ...in next few weeks

And good news at this stage is that other than their prop

No major injuries is my understanding

cas comp looking to be a good one, in 2019.

Think it a 4 horse race

pilfer80

Frank Nicholson (4)
What are St Pats supposed to be like this year, and what were they like last year?
Last year Pat's weren't overly strong, although they did manage to produce Aus u20s winger Mark Nawaqanitawase who has been impressive in the Oceania Championships. Was always impressive in his 3 years in the Pat's 1st XV, however has improved immensely since this end of last season.

Same again this year for Pat's. A few "solid" individual performances against Trinity on Saturday, however they went down 50-7, so not much to take away from the game if you're an avid Pat's follower.

Trinity looked well structured and ran away with some 'against the run of play' tries to kick start the scoring, although it was a tight tussle in the first 15min. First few tries gave Trinity the momentum and they ran away with it for the full 70min. Despite the impressive result, I don't believe they will cause too much damage in the CAS competition this season, when comparing to last season (missing the likes of Ilias, Chambers, Edmed won't help, although their replacements performed well against weak opposition).