• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hope I'm wrong, but 2013 is not looking like a great CAS vintage to me. I'd say Jones is the only CAS rep who could be confident of being in the frame for Australian Schools selection. CAS/GPS could be ugly.

casrugby12

Allen Oxlade (6)
I hope I'm wrong, but 2013 is not looking like a great CAS vintage to me. I'd say Jones is the only CAS rep who could be confident of being in the frame for Australian Schools selection. CAS/GPS could be ugly.
Would you have any of the cas boys besides for jones in the nsw 1st 2nds or reserves ?

casrugby12

Allen Oxlade (6)
And I agree I don't think we will stand a chance up against GPS as much as I hate to say it.

Insight

Stan Wickham (3)
And I agree I don't think we will stand a chance up against GPS as much as I hate to say it.

I disagree with the CAS players arrive with the sole purpose to win as a team and not try and shine their own performance for selection for New South Wales, they have every opportunity of winning unfortunately most of the time they go into the game believing they going to be lose.taking into account it is always an uphill battle as I think the 13 players from GPS that were in either New South Wales 1st or 2nd last year, that are still there this year.I think it is about time that CAS selected teams work as a unit and make the selectors take note which obviously they have to do if we win.having seen the boys from both GPS and CAS talent wise there's not much in. it is the belief in one's own ability that makes the difference

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Would you have any of the cas boys besides for jones in the nsw 1st 2nds or reserves ?

Well, Williams (A) and Satiu (T) aren't worse players than they were last year, when they played NSW 2nds, so they'd have to be considered. I'd also look hard at McLean (T) and Burkett (B). Koutsoukis (W) might have a shot. I think Paek (K) and Davis (B) are excellent wingers, but I'm not expecting that CAS wingers will get all that many chances to shine in the CAS/GPS game. I hope I'm not being unduly pessimistic. But when you look at so many of the players GPS has backing up from last year, it's impossible to avoid the impression that they're very much stronger.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
I agree, CAS is always looked down on as the underdogs. I don't see why each year we don't go in and just play good rugby. We have nothing to lose.
It's like Knox v Barker last year, barker undefeated premiers until that game, yes it was 1 point difference but still, Knox played awesome rugby and as a result we got to see an awesome game.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Wrong job for him. Players over coached, over analysed and over pressured. Parents say study is suffering and morale low. Players expected to perform like professionals as his reputation is on the line. Sounds like a big mistake, no doubt they will be buying players next.
How many sessions a week would they do?

Robert Lowell

Bob McCowan (2)
I agree, CAS is always looked down on as the underdogs. I don't see why each year we don't go in and just play good rugby. We have nothing to lose.
It's like Knox v Barker last year, barker undefeated premiers until that game, yes it was 1 point difference but still, Knox played awesome rugby and as a result we got to see an awesome game.

Eshayz, I'd have to say that CAS vs GPS is an entirely different ball game. A better analogy, I believe, would be the classic "someone's gotta step up to the plate and eat the steak". and GPS loves steak

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
The teams are usually announced around 5pm. I think previous sides listed have pretty much got it right. I'd like to imagine Hanson (B) who plays No. 8 would at least make Cas 2nds. He was apart of the winning Barker side in 2012 and is a tireless player who would definitely not look out of place in rep sides. Would be a big mistake to exclude him.

CASoldboy

Stan Wickham (3)
Thought id throw my 2 cents worth in with regard to the CAS selections:

CAS 1st XV

1 McLean (T) / Booth (A)
2 Koutsoukis (W)
3 Satiu (T)
4 Williams (A)
5 Heeney (W)
6 Burkett (B)
7 Summerhayes (C)
8 Powter (W)
9 Kirkby (B)
10 O'Donnell (W)
11 Paek (K)
12 Stoltz (B) (c)
13 Goodearl (A)
14 Davis (B)
15 Jones (B)

CAS 2nd XV

1 Slack-Smith (B)
2 ???
3 Booth (A) / McLean (T)
4 Akopian (B)
5 Agius (A)
6 Stevens (W)
7 O'Connor (W)
8 Van Zyl (K)
9 Whicker (T)
10 Smerdon (B)
11 Elwood-Hall (B)
12 Newby (K)
13 Kotobavalau (T) [apologies if i spelt it wrong]
14 Barkley-Brown (T)
15 Vevers (A)

abe01

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks YR, are these teams usually picked on form more so than reputation? Good luck to all the boys in contention

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Wrong job for him. Players over coached, over analysed and over pressured. Parents say study is suffering and morale low. Players expected to perform like professionals as his reputation is on the line. Sounds like a big mistake, no doubt they will be buying players next.

Don't know why - buying players didn't help him at the tahs

casrugby12

Allen Oxlade (6)
Thought id throw my 2 cents worth in with regard to the CAS selections:

CAS 1st XV

1 McLean (T) / Booth (A)
2 Koutsoukis (W)
3 Satiu (T)
4 Williams (A)
5 Heeney (W)
6 Burkett (B)
7 Summerhayes (C)
8 Powter (W)
9 Kirkby (B)
10 O'Donnell (W)
11 Paek (K)
12 Stoltz (B) (c)
13 Goodearl (A)
14 Davis (B)
15 Jones (B)

CAS 2nd XV

1 Slack-Smith (B)
2 ???
3 Booth (A) / McLean (T)
4 Akopian (B)
5 Agius (A)
6 Stevens (W)
7 O'Connor (W)
8 Van Zyl (K)
9 Whicker (T)
10 Smerdon (B)
11 Elwood-Hall (B)
12 Newby (K)
13 Kotobavalau (T) [apologies if i spelt it wrong]
14 Barkley-Brown (T)
15 Vevers (A)
No ebeling ? And I don't think Barkley brown will be put on the wing

casisbest

Frank Row (1)
Like the 1st XV nominated by CA Soldboy, but Slack-Smith (1) and Smerdon (10) will certainly be close to selection based on their Barker form this year.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
If his reputation were on the line, he would not be coaching schools rugby..

That is a long, long fall from National Coach - His reputation was pretty much pasrked after his performance with Scotland.

I think he should be judged on what he does to the Rugby program at Knox. He is still in early days, and in spite of the results of the 1sts, purely on percentage games won against all other grades, Knox isn't doing that bad this year in the CAS.

And it is good that he is still wanting to have an input into the game, despite his fall from his previous high position. He could be bitching about rugby and other stuff on radio, newspapers and blogs like some other high flying ex-coaches.

That said I wish he would get the line-outs right and teach them to tackle up at the 1sts at Knox this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.