• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

barkercas

Frank Nicholson (4)
waverly 64-20 good 2nd half from aloys kept it half respectable, stand outs koutsoukis odonnel and steevens

BillyBlack

Allen Oxlade (6)
Normally we have received a post or two from the Trinity supporters by now.
I ask with no prior knowledge - what was the score against Barker ??

BillyBlack

Allen Oxlade (6)
41 - 22 at Trinity
Sounds comprehensive, can't wait for the game summaries to start arriving - especially with the CAS team picked today.
Barker remain undefeated and deserve to be head of the table. This result makes it very difficult for Waverley or anyone else to win the comp.
Only thing that could stop Barker finishing on top are injuries to key players during the NSW championships.

BillyBlack

Allen Oxlade (6)
Question - If a team doesn't want to have contested scrums (and the other team does) should they forfeit the feed (i.e. - the other team gets the feed) ??

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
knox 15 cranbrook 9 sound to me as if its all penalt goals
south harbour north harbour and cas squads announced tomorrow i think

Cosmo Jones

Allen Oxlade (6)
knox 15 cranbrook 9 sound to me as if its all penalt goals
south harbour north harbour and cas squads announced tomorrow i think
Extremely gutsy effort from the Cranbrook boys, IMO their performance deserved a victory. Massive defensive effort. Cranbrook looked the dominant XV coming up against a much larger team. Great game to watch, cranbrook had the lead 8-9 until a Knox try quite late in the 2nd half.

Rebel

Frank Row (1)
Score was actually 37-22 to Barker (scoreboard was wrong). Terrific physical game with Barker scoring 5 tries to 4. Better team won, but Barker knew they'd had a tough day out. McLean and Satiu were dominant for Trinity, both were outstanding. Jones binned for a couple of shoulder charges, probably would have been red carded for 2nd offence by some other refs. Hard for barker to lose it from here.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
More to follow, but as other posters stated Knox 15 - Cranbrook 9. I imagine Cranbrook would be looking forward to hosting Knox. In many ways it was theirs to win - Knox gave away a lot of penalties, left a few tries behind due to poor handling. The closeness of the score made the game tense and thus more interesting than what it was (though as stated above, it probably was a good game to watch. Both sides did give it a go!!). It may have been the conditions, but some some rather poor skill levels on display in terms of handling.

Rugby Fanatic

Bob McCowan (2)
Score was actually 37-22 to Barker (scoreboard was wrong). Terrific physical game with Barker scoring 5 tries to 4. Better team won, but Barker knew they'd had a tough day out. McLean and Satiu were dominant for Trinity, both were outstanding. Jones binned for a couple of shoulder charges, probably would have been red carded for 2nd offence by some other refs. Hard for barker to lose it from here.

with respect, that makes Jones sound reckless which i think most spectators there today would disagree with. excellent defence from both teams, great runs and solid tackles from both front rows

The Guardian

Bob McCowan (2)
With all due respect Snort, if they were shoulder charges, or technically speaking, 'not using arms in the tackle' then that is reckless.

Buddha

Frank Row (1)
With all due respect Snort, if they were shoulder charges, or technically speaking, 'not using arms in the tackle' then that is reckless.
From what I could see It was nothing, certainly not reckless and only one incident not a couple as reported earlier. Barker played well and the stand out for me was number 12 Stoltz who was tireless in attack.

Jamo Mum

Frank Row (1)
hey guys make sure to like our schoolboys rugby page on facebook to keep up with all the news coming out of the schoolboy competitions

https://www.facebook.com/australian.schools.rugby

Finally a facebook page/forum that is NOT faceless!! I can't stand the fact that so many people attack talented young rugby boys whilst hiding behind a fake name /identity on the Green and Gold Forum!!!
My name on Green and Gold Forum is “Jamo’s Mum” and for those who know me you know that I have always told it how it is!!! I feel blessed to have watched so many talented young men play some amazing rugby over the years and I am honoured to have become family friends with so many of these beautiful boys and their families who will be in contention for the Australian School Boys Team in 2013... Good Luck to all the boys and THANKYOU for allowing me to be part of some amazing footy over the last 13 years, I really am missing being on the side line taking photos for you all this year. Love Cathy XXXXXX

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
The Matt Williams bashing here puzzles me. Surely he can only be judged on his impact on the whole Knox Rugby programme over a decent period of time? I'm no particular fan of his, but some of the comments aimed at him here are simply unfair.

Agreed. I'm sure he's been employed to improve the entire programme at Knox. in his first year he can only work with the cattle he's been given. The true appraisal will come in 2-3 years time when the systems he's implemented start flowing through the whole college.

Why are Joeys so successful in GPS? Because the entire school plays the same basic system, so as they progress through the ages/grades they can slot right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.