• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roar

Herbert Moran (7)
How does it work ? Just say Harrison Williams gets over his injury, any chance for him to get into one of the NSW sides etc. ??

Robert Lowell

Bob McCowan (2)
Great to see the CAS front row all going to state champs. Shame that Summerhays and Akopian only made shadows. Both played well last week. Any thoughts on the other selections?

BillyBlack

Allen Oxlade (6)
<body><p><p> <p>In regards to "Kennan", I don't believe he has played one match in the Barker 1st XV this season? Could this be a misspelling?
I have it on good authority that Kennan was a long term student (not a recent signing), and more importantly, he left/finished school last year. He was a lower grade player in the Opens (3rds or 4ths) and so this email thread appears to be hoax.

Reactions: YR!

farr-jones fan

Frank Row (1)
Very disappointed with the treatment of the CAS 2nds during this weeks trials for NSW selection. To have the draw changed to showcase the GPS III's and then have the selectors not watch the first game on Friday morning, completely disadvantaged the CAS boys. It was asked by selectors that a number of boys take the field in the CAS 1's so selectors could see them play in different positions. After waiting around from 10.45 till 2.25 they were all left sitting on the bench. And then to have selctions made for the combined state team from nsw boys who did not compete in this trial period, makes a mockery of the process.

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
I have it on good authority that Kennan was a long term student (not a recent signing), and more importantly, he left/finished school last year. He was a lower grade player in the Opens (3rds or 4ths) and so this email thread appears to be hoax.

Interesting, I'll ask my sources as I've heard otherwise!

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not one
Very disappointed with the treatment of the CAS 2nds during this weeks trials for NSW selection. To have the draw changed to showcase the GPS III's and then have the selectors not watch the first game on Friday morning, completely disadvantaged the CAS boys. It was asked by selectors that a number of boys take the field in the CAS 1's so selectors could see them play in different positions. After waiting around from 10.45 till 2.25 they were all left sitting on the bench. And then to have selctions made for the combined state team from nsw boys who did not compete in this trial period, makes a mockery of the process.

Not one CAS player in Combined States. Disappointing. And probably backing up your view that CAS 2s didn't get much of a look in. Mind you, no-one from CAS 1sts made Combined States either, which is salutory.

Barker

Bob McCowan (2)
Congratulations to the CAS boys that made Australian schoolboys!

Australian Schools:
Harry Jones (Barker)
Faaope Satui (Trinity)

Australia Schools A:
Tyson Davis (Barker)
Nick Koutsoukis (Waverley)

hbhrugby

Stan Wickham (3)
I've just read on the ISA forum that the barker fixture is a collapsed 1sts and 2nds match played in 20 minute quarters. The St Pats forwards will be solid, though they are deeply understrengthed in the backline, and I can confirm there are players who have been in the 3rds.

Moral of the story, is Harry Jones and Tyson Davis playing? Or are they been rested or in Australia camp? If they are playing they won't need to be on long for a couple of tries to be scored. Could be a long day for the ISA cellar dwellers.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyone who has followed CAS Rugby over the last few seasons will remember Usaia O'Sullivan, one of the best loose forwards to emerge from the competition in recent times (and an Australian Schools representative). O'Sullivan went to League with the Roosters, then to the Newtown Jets after he was no longer eligible for the Under-20 stuff. But now he's back in Rugby with West Harbour. It will be interesting to see how he goes - last time he played Rugby, he was a rare talent.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone who has followed CAS Rugby over the last few seasons will remember Usaia O'Sullivan, one of the best loose forwards to emerge from the competition in recent times (and an Australian Schools representative). O'Sullivan went to League with the Roosters, then to the Newtown Jets after he was no longer eligible for the Under-20 stuff. But now he's back in Rugby with West Harbour. It will be interesting to see how he goes - last time he played Rugby, he was a rare talent.
Played with West Harbour colts before going to league.
Already noticed by the people who count I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.