• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Barker has 3 of the toughest fixtures they've had all season ahead of them and I think that the fact they've cruised through their recent games will not be helpful in terms of preparation and mentality.. This side were in the exact same position this time last year... Does anyone remember how their season finished?

Benched '84

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hopefully the Aloy's game shook a few cob web out, agreed a tough run home, Waverley still in with a chance, although reading previous, they may have coped some injuries, let's hope for two full strength teams for the top of the table game!

Barker

Bob McCowan (2)
Barker has 3 of the toughest fixtures they've had all season ahead of them and I think that the fact they've cruised through their recent games will not be helpful in terms of preparation and mentality.. This side were in the exact same position this time last year. Does anyone remember how their season finished?

Yes.... we do remember how their season ended.. With a big shiny shield. Sure they lost their very last game, but don't use a loss in their final game to hide from the fact that they still dominated the season. And will do exactly the same this year.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes.. we do remember how their season ended.. With a big shiny shield. Sure they lost their very last game, but don't use a loss in their final game to hide from the fact that they still dominated the season. And will do exactly the same this year.

By "will do", I think you mean "have done". In theory, the competition is still alive, but the pulse is faint. If Waverley can knock off Barker on Saturday, there is a mathematical chance that the title could go to Waverley or be shared. In fact, for that to happen, about 17 Barker players would need to break their legs or turn up at the wrong ground. It won't happen. Still, look to Waverley to give Barker a good run for its money on Saturday.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
So who is going to what game on Saturday.

There was no CAS blog last week because of no reports by Sunday.

Sob.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
My friends from Waverley informed me of a good win to the double v today! it looks like barker is headed towards a repeat of last year

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
Yes.. we do remember how their season ended.. With a big shiny shield. Sure they lost their very last game, but don't use a loss in their final game to hide from the fact that they still dominated the season. And will do exactly the same this year.

Whilst yes, Knox was explicitly mentioned, I was also referring to their result against Waverley which most of the barker boys last year would have admitted was a terrible performance on their part... Look at today's result my friend, Barker have their work cut out for them

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Whilst yes, Knox was explicitly mentioned, I was also referring to their result against Waverley which most of the barker boys last year would have admitted was a terrible performance on their part. Look at today's result my friend, Barker have their work cut out for them

Dont be so cryptic: who did Barker play and what was the score?

Buddha

Frank Row (1)
Waverley were the better team on the day, aided strongly by a referee who was there to impress the home crowd. A red card for the Barker number 4 was a very harsh call and had an immediate impact on the game. From what I could see it will show up on video that it was the Waverley player who should have been sent. When a good team is getting such biased calls from the first minute of the match, it is hard to keep the intensity going. The barker forwards were strong but for some reason the ball died too much with the fly half, which cost them the match. Well played to the Waverley lads, they played the better game in front of a large home crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.