• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CASfan

Stan Wickham (3)
Trinity lineup:

1. Edward Cook
2. Geoff Coffill
3. Jackson McLean
4. Manish Poologasundram
5. Harry Vincent
6. Ryan King
7. George Corias
8. Ola Moala
9. Brent Whicker
10. Chris Ebeling
11. Henry Naylor
12. Nathaniel Saofia
13. William Blake
14. Austin Fish
15. Rihann Barkley-Brown

Trinty appear to still be missing some important players including Malaki, satiu and Rowland who I assume are withdrawn through injury, but feel free to correct me on this.

Openside

Stan Wickham (3)
High Jump Training at Waverley?

Attachments

• 6788HN08VV.jpg
    6788HN08VV.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 546

JstWaiting4amate

Frank Nicholson (4)
Trinity lineup:

1. Edward Cook
2. Geoff Coffill
3. Jackson McLean
4. Manish Poologasundram
5. Harry Vincent
6. Ryan King
7. George Corias
8. Ola Moala
9. Brent Whicker
10. Chris Ebeling
11. Henry Naylor
12. Nathaniel Saofia
13. William Blake
14. Austin Fish
15. Rihann Barkley-Brown

Trinty appear to still be missing some important players including Malaki, satiu and Rowland who I assume are withdrawn through injury, but feel free to correct me on this.

Spot On , Malaki is likely to miss the whole season, Satiu waiting clearance from the Physio, Rowland however should be back next game.

Dummy Run

Frank Row (1)
barker fullback is not a bad player, but i dont think he has much size on him
unlike the knox fullback a year 11 boy apparently, big tall solid guy, thought he was a 2nd rower when i first saw him! runs the ball hard, id be watching out for him i was barker

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Weather should be perfect tomorrow ensuring a big crowd at Knox for CAS 1st Round Knox vs Barker. Read Snort's CAS preview yesterday and one assumes he is a keen Barker follower, with his apparent knowledge of the Barker side. I would think he has picked up the rest from comments on this forum-would doubt very much he has seen all 6 sides prior to this weekend's kickoff.

Many of the Knox crowd will be there to see if the new `broom' works any magic on the home 1st XV. Many Parents, Staff & Old Boys were aghast with the `sacking' of previous encumbent Chuck Ardron for new Director of Rugby, Matt Williams. Ardron has a coaching record at Knox probably unrivalled over the last 2o years- he did not coach in every one of these years but has now been pushed aside for Williams. Likewise many of his support team were similarly shown the door.
Williams' record as a senior coach could only be described as patchy at best- will be interesting to see the Knox experiment-if it doesn't work more than one head could roll down the track!

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Weather should be perfect tomorrow ensuring a big crowd at Knox for CAS 1st Round Knox vs Barker. Read Snort's CAS preview yesterday and one assumes he is a keen Barker follower, with his apparent knowledge of the Barker side. I would think he has picked up the rest from comments on this forum-would doubt very much he has seen all 6 sides prior to this weekend's kickoff.

Everyone's a critic.

If you actually read the preview, you will see that it tells you which of the schools I'm (very, very loosely) affiliated with, and it isn't Barker. No, I haven't seen all six sides play this year (who has?) but that doesn't mean that I just cribbed from this forum. I've seen a few games and spoken to some people and got some information from the schools and gone on what I saw last year. What else would you expect, in the first week of May, from someone who isn't involved in schools Rugby full time?

One more point. Just because I think Barker will win does not mean I'm a "keen Barker follower". Just because I expect St Aloysius to come sixth, doesn't mean I "hate" St Aloysius. I was invited to make some predictions and I made them. It's schoolboy rugby, for crying out loud. It's for fun. For most of these kids, it's the highest level they will ever play, so we should let them enjoy it for what it's worth, but not get too worked up about it. I can praise someone who went to a different school, and criticise (constructively, I hope) players from my own school without wishing them any ill-will. It's a game played by kids - there's no room for malice.

Although if someone gives a good thumping to that moron who keeps posting personal crap about kids from Knox, I for one won't be too upset.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Guys, as we are approaching a new season I will give this warning again:

No discussion of off-field stuff- drugs, social life etc. Any posts mentioning this will be deleted.

No slandering of school kids, or other posters. Any posts mentioning this will be deleted.

If you break either of these rules you will be banned instantly.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does anyone have the draw for the whole season? please post here if you do! thanks
Good luck to all teams today, and may the best prepared teams win

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Does anyone have the draw for the whole season? please post here if you do! thanks
Good luck to all teams today, and may the best prepared teams win
Hopefully this will work.

The link to the CAS. I presume home teams are always listed first.

http://www.cas.nsw.edu.au/home/winter-sports/rugby/fixtures/

And the draw:

Fixtures

CAS 2013 Draw
CAS Rd # 1 – Sat 4th May
Cranbrook v St. Aloysius’
Knox v Barker
Waverley v Trinity

CAS Rd # 2 – Sat 11th May
Trinity v St. Aloysius’
Barker v Cranbrook
Waverley v Knox

CAS Rd # 3 – 18th May
St. Aloysius v Barker
Cranbrook v Waverley
Knox v Trinity

CAS Rd # 4 – 25th May
St. Aloysius v Knox
Barker v Waverley
Trinity v Cranbrook

CAS Rd # 5 - 1st June
Waverley v St. Aloysius
Trinity v Barker
Knox v Cranbrook

Reps – CAS v CHS – Thursday 6th June

CAS Rd # 6 – 15th June
St. Aloysius v Trinity
Cranbrook v Barker
Knox v Waverley

Reps – CAS v GPS 18th June
Reps – NSW trials on 21st June

CAS Rd # 7 – 20th July
Barker v St. Aloysius
Waverley v Cranbrook
Trinity v Knox

CAS Rd # 8 – 28th July
Knox v St. Aloysius
Waverley v Barker
Cranbrook v Trinity

CAS Rd # 9 – 3rd August
St. Aloysius v Waverley
Barker v Trinity
Cranbrook v Knox

CAS Rd # 10 – 10th Augsut
St. Aloysius v Cranbrook
Barker v Knox
Trinity v Waverley

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
Update from knox gala day. Food is apalling. There is no way top players can be playing to their potential eating white bread and coles sausages. Something must be done about this, enough is enough. Expect a low quality game as a result.

Rumours of ASADAS involvement in todays game...

alpha

Peter Burge (5)
Stunning game by Barker 1sts. 13-3 at half time, Barker pulled way in the second half. All barker tries scored by the backs, with (i think) 4 from their own half. Combination of Jones and Davis was awe inspiring. Stoltz (12) and Dove (13) had strong games. Smerdon at 10 dangerous as usual - running at the line and several long cut out passes. Forwards were smaller than Knox but played strongly and seemed the better scrum. Second half Barker backs ran riot...38-3

In the 2nds Barker scored a late try to equalise and conversion to win 12-10. Two tries to one but a draw would have been a fair result. Ref was pretty tough on the home side
3rds was a sloppy game with Knox having all the ball and were rarely threatened.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
cranbrook 44 Aloys 10 cranbrook scored try of the season with ball movement through about 8 players finished of by de Lorenzo finishing i think. Vevers yellow card didnt seem to happy

Status
Not open for further replies.