• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2013

Who will be the 2013 Premiers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Time to give some thought to the weekend's games.

Barker will look to extend its unbeaten run at Cranbrook. I don't know whether Harry Jones is fit, or how Barker will structure its backline if he's unavailable. I doubt that this will affect the result, but I do expect Cranbrook to be very competitive, especially if they are closer to regaining full strength.

Waverley needs to win at Knox to keep its challenge to Barker alive. Knox has won its last two matches and won't be easy to beat at home.

And Trinity goes to St Aloysius looking to reverse a first-round defeat. A lot depends here on who takes the field. If St Aloysius has Williams, Goodearl and Vevers, they ought to start as favouries, even though they have leaked sixty points in their last two matches. without one or all of them, the edge maybe tips towards Trinity, especially if Moala makes his (predicted) return from a knee injury.

Anyone have any actual team news? Who's in, who's out, who's injured?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Any Knox people there?

Does Guragul have lights now?

Someone said they did last year but I couldn't see them.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I
Any Knox people there?

Does Guragul have lights now?

Someone said they did last year but I couldn't see them.
think it does - I remember reading somewhere that they had a night cricket game there. though they might have had temporary lighting. Or my memory could be very patchy.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow ... Interesting seeing the haves and have nots, across the cas/gps

Knox has their big stadium size tv screen, and now flood lights! .. And u have shore with another 2 hectares recently bought in north sydney, and another construction zone at norhtbridge.

Scots has their altitude training stuff, their so called 'pod', and of course their headmaster with an open cheque book.

Cranbrook has their mid season Argentinian rugby tour, and might get a reduced injury count, with ski season not looking a likely distraction

Then you have the likes of waverley college relying on council parklands, and sydney high , well I guess not even money could help help

and joeys with the best footy, and ground that they tell me drains better than the Sfs, but talk about a derelict stand with temp seating that is invariably inadequate

Oh well ignore me, i am just a jealous old fart, grumpy that my sons school hasn't got pulver on the school council, pulling in the big dollars. And I can't get an unobstructed view at hunters hill.

Oh we'll the best knees is that despite the thieving, chs has a good team this year, and gave cas a good rattle and might yet do the same to the gps :)

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
I have heard Jones could be out for this cranbrook game. for 15th June

That is what my sources are informing me. Replacements could be interesting, however. Surely options would include M. Lloyd, A. Knox or J.Coles.

JstWaiting4amate

Frank Nicholson (4)
In all fairness, Barkley-Brown should be moved to 15, he WAS selected as the second best #15 in the CAS competition. Barkley Brown is just as good as Jones, both Attack and defence.

YR!

Peter Burge (5)
In all fairness, Barkley-Brown should be moved to 15, he WAS selected as the second best #15 in the CAS competition. Barkley Brown is just as good as Jones, both Attack and defence.

Unsure, however, of whether he will be available for CAS. I got the impression he will be.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)

I'm a huge admirer of Barkley-Brown. But he's not quite in Jones' class. That said, if Jones is unfit and Barkley-Brown is fit, then he should take the 15 spot in CAS 1sts.

JstWaiting4amate

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'm a huge admirer of Barkley-Brown. But he's not quite in Jones' class. That said, if Jones is unfit and Barkley-Brown is fit, then he should take the 15 spot in CAS 1sts.

Taking into consideration his size, height and age, I think he’s as good but each to their own opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.