• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazoom

Frank Nicholson (4)
Give me a break Lemons .. Waverley scored their points through 'luck' and when Knox didn't play up to scratch? Couldn't you say the same in reverse? and for any game? Knox lacked discipline. 31 points is 31 points...

'you can only play as good as the opposition lets you play' ...

And that chip and chase was brilliant play .. do you think Patterson has never practiced a chip kick before? He beat the Knox defenders hands down ...

RuggerHaz

Bob McCowan (2)
Angus Tonkin, Alex Connolly should also get a look in for U16s. Gus has already had a few games in the 1s making impact off the bench, while Alex, after recovering from a recent injury, is already a stand out in his age group. Both play second row/back row. Both great players.

Mactruck

Bob McCowan (2)
Give me a break Lemons .. Waverley scored their points through 'luck' and when Knox didn't play up to scratch? Couldn't you say the same in reverse? and for any game? Knox lacked discipline. 31 points is 31 points.

'you can only play as good as the opposition lets you play' .

And that chip and chase was brilliant play .. do you think Patterson has never practiced a chip kick before? He beat the Knox defenders hands down .

True true, however Knox's team this year is simply brilliant! Knox has pulverised the defending champions and pantsed the waverly side last week. 58 points is 58 points.

Micko369

Bob McCowan (2)
Angus Tonkin, Alex Connolly should also get a look in for U16s. Gus has already had a few games in the 1s making impact off the bench, while Alex, after recovering from a recent injury, is already a stand out in his age group. Both play second row/back row. Both great players.

What positions do they play?

kazoom

Frank Nicholson (4)
U16s Tonkin and Connelly - school and positions?
2 more to add from Waverley - Ethan Micallef - front row forward and just back from injury and Jackson Mohi a centre/wing/fullback who hopefully is back within the next 2 weeks.
Nth and Sth sides announced 31st May. 2 more games for the boys to impress the selectors

kazoom

Frank Nicholson (4)
Knox is admittedly a very strong team and with Watson back in the centres will be stronger (although he was a replacement player for the Roosters U18s, which is no mean feat anyway).
But ..... don't get too carried away with the 'Super Team' tag just yet. They have weaknesses that can be exploited from what I saw from one game only.

And Waverley didn't play very well .. it's true they weren't allowed to play well, but I will reserve my judgement....

But go ahead .... if the Knox supporters and the 1sts team become over confident and believe their own publicity, then that will suit all the other teams in the Comp.

kazoom

Frank Nicholson (4)
Big difference between being cocky and confident Macktruck.
Better teams than Knox 1sts have come unstuck through becoming over confident.
Have they really been tested yet? I think they could be baited easily and be put off their game.

trinitywaterboy

Frank Row (1)

I've seen Tonkin, he plays second row if I'm not mistaken? A good player, he runs hard and defends well around the ruck. I also believe Connolly once played on with a broken thumb! Both were apart of the winning Trinity under 14s side that featured standouts Luke Henry and Matthew Webhe

RugbyFan14

Herbert Moran (7)
True true, however Knox's team this year is simply brilliant! Knox has pulverised the defending champions and pantsed the waverly side last week. 58 points is 58 points.

"Pulverised the defending champions" is meaningless, it is a completely different Barker side (only 3 returning and the 10 was injured about 20 minutes in)

Overall I would say the standard of CAS this year is much lower than the last 4 or 5 years. Of this group Knox and Cranbrook are the pick, should be a good game but having seen both I'd favour Knox. The wildcard is that Knox concede a lot of penalties and Renton has a great boot...

I think the key for Cranbrook's season might be injuries. It is a big drop off to their 2nd 15 whereas Knox 2nds is a lot stronger.

Early prediction for trinity vs Knox

William Blake (trinity wing) will find it hard to find form. After his sub par performance last week, and disappointing form so far (somehow scoring a lucky try against Waverley) he will be the man to exploit.

Ben Halmarick (2nd XV halfback) on the other hand, is the stand out in the squad. Some nice crisp passing and running game will prove tough to handle against Knox. With fire in his belly he is set for a big game.

Back to the 1s, forward pack member inclusion Marcus summers is backed to replace injured flanker and captain George corias (concussion at training). He is strong over the ball and often makes crucial clear outs often turning the tide of the game.

Over to Knox, established outside centre Connor Watson will return this week from Sydney roosters u18 duty, and off the back of a good performance will be hard to contain when the ball is sprayed out wide. The slow trinity back line (Nathaniel saofia and William Blake) will not be able to keep up.

It will be a good game for all involved, my prediction:

Knox to pip the game at the post 40-35

Any other thoughts/men to watch?

kazoom

Frank Nicholson (4)
Five of the Waverley players made the Roosters Harold Mathew U16s Rugby League Shield squad this season. Jaya Yoannidis, Tyzac Bailey, Ethan Micaleff, Tom Fuller and Jackson Mohi.

kazoom

Frank Nicholson (4)
U16s in the mix - updated from info so far .

NORTH HARBOUR

Knox - Basson - no 4; Bosch - 15 or 9; Margin - 5; Armstrong - 12

Alos - Matt Danton - 7

Barker - ?

SOUTH HARBOUR

Cranbrook - Ed Renton - ?; Andrew Spira - ?

Trinity - Ryan Longville - wing or inside centre; James Wayland - loose forward; Jordan Morris - outside back; Rasch - 2nd row; Tonkin - ? ; Connolly - ?

Waverley - Tyzac Bailey - 15/10/9; Jaya Yoannidis - centre/wing; Liam Molloy - loose forward; Ethan Micaleff - forward; Jackson Mohi - centre/fullback/wing; Tom Fuller - centre/utility player.

Keep filling in the blanks

Micko369

Bob McCowan (2)
U16s in the mix - updated from info so far .

NORTH HARBOUR

Knox - Basson - no 4; Bosch - 15 or 9; Margin - 5; Armstrong - 12

Alos - Matt Danton - 7

Barker - ?

SOUTH HARBOUR

Cranbrook - Ed Renton - ? (injured); Andrew Spira Backrow - Mack Matters Backrow/Second row - Harry stewart outside back - Noah Busteed 10-12-15

Trinity - Ryan Longville - wing or inside centre; James Wayland - loose forward; Jordan Morris - outside back; Rasch - 2nd row; Tonkin - ? ; Connolly - ?

Waverley - Tyzac Bailey - 15/10/9; Jaya Yoannidis - centre/wing; Liam Molloy - loose forward; Ethan Micaleff - forward; Jackson Mohi - centre/fullback/wing; Tom Fuller - centre/utility player.

Keep filling in the blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.