• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
The 13 from Alos played really well today, shifting around the defence on a few occasions. So did the Waverley 14. These are schoolboys, leave that sort of rubbish of picking on players out of the forum. The Waverley team I watched looking nothing like you reported. Must be the beer goggles.

Definitely defending your mate - the 13 had a shocker ask anyone even the players were frustrated. The 14 wasn't bad perse but ineffective the substitutes could be shifted to the position and have a bigger impact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Dainton had a good game for Aloys scoring a good individual try.
Ref was aweful. Upset both sides. Red carding Wave player.
Ref was terrible ! Dainton was great apart from one hospital pass to the 13 in the second half but I think in saying that the 13 over ran his line slightly

TahTah

Stan Wickham (3)
It Was a good crowd at hordern today, and cranbrook had a big contingent of kids. (Where were the knox supporters?!)

(only clipped SDW to save a repeat of his very good report)

and 0-0 for the first +30 mins (?) of the match.
An indication of just how tightly wound were these two teams . Knox second try came within moments of the restart and a slow re-engagement from Cranbrook. A credit to both side as to how intensely they played the game.

S

sidelineview

Definitely defending your mate - the 13 had a shocker ask anyone even the players were frustrated. The 14 wasn't bad perse but ineffective the substitutes could be shifted to the position and have a bigger impact

You must have someone else mixed up with Waverley 14 you gibberer. An U16s having his first full game in 1sts and had a good game scoring a try. In fact both U16s from Waverley scored today and good luck to them.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
My points

Knox

3 points ... Jimmy widders-lee ... Awesome, makes Phil kearns look pedestrian (not hard I do concede)
2 points ... Connor Watson ... What footwork and turn of speed ... Only worry for longer term higher honours, is his lack of size
1 point... Brett van zyl ... Solid and hard to contain

3 points ... Edelstein ... Made memorable breaks and try saving tackles
2 points ...summerhayes .. I have been critical of him in past, but obv a big game player
1 point .. Renton ... Played well despite the well coached knox marking

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
you must have someone else mixed up with Waverley 14 you gibberer

Could have been the 11 - one of the Waverley wingers was a 2nd XV level player at best but I'm entitled to my opinion especially after my achievements and experience

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
My points

Knox

3 points . Jimmy widders-lee . Awesome, makes Phil learns look pedestrian (not hard I do concede)
2 points . Connor Watson . What footwork and turn of speed . Only worry for longer term honours, is his lack of size
1 point. Brett van zyl . Solid and hard to contain

3 points . Edelstein . Made memorable breaks and try saving tackles
2 points .summerhayes .. I have been critical in past, but obv a big game player
1 point .. Renton . Played well despite the well coached knox marking

Conor looked fairly big when I saw him - is he really that small?

S

sidelineview

Could have been the 11 - one of the Waverley wingers was a 2nd XV level player at best but I'm entitled to my opinion especially after my achievements and experience

you mean to say you're not sure which number now after all that?
I rest my case that you're a d*** head.
just another internet hero ..

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
you mean to say you're not sure which number now after all that?
I rest my case that you're a d*** head.
just another internet hero ..

Take it easy I'm just giving you the option to be correct however I believe I am

Please settle down I have no issue with you and your thoughts - we are all entitled to a fair say

Enough said

S

sidelineview

Take it easy I'm just giving you the option to be correct however I believe I am

Please settle down I have no issue with you and your thoughts - we are all entitled to a fair say

Enough said

call a night champ .. you can't handle the drink

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)

Definitely not. Just don't think a person having a go at schoolboys on the internet that also claims he has significant achievements and experience, doesn't understand school boy rugby.

Let the kids learn the game, don't have a go at them. Alos boys were crying after that game today, and they worked their asses off. Talking about a player online in such a poor way is simply a reflection on you not then. I hope if any of the boys that read your comment, read this one and understand that even the best players have bad games- but they made sure the bad ones were the ones they learnt the most from.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Definitely not. Just don't think a person having a go at schoolboys on the internet that also claims he has significant achievements and experience, allows schoolboy rugby to really be what it needs to be.

Let the kids learn the game, don't have a go at them. Alos boys were crying after that game today, and they worked their asses off. Talking about a player online in such a poor way is simply a reflection on you not then. I hope if any of the boys that read your comment, read this one and understand that even the best players have bad games- but they made sure the bad ones were the ones they learnt the most from.

I think you perhaps are subjectively interpreting my comments in a negative fashion. By highlighting deficiencies in an objective manner - development and team changes can be made to facilitate a better performance in the future on an individual and group level

If I was "having a go" it would be unsubstantiated comments but what I witnessed was also the belief of the CAS selectors who I chatted with after the game.

I will attempt to be more restrained if you think feelings are hurt - but I am not going to gloss over a game that was rubbish and now Aloys can play better as can Waverley and offer those suggestions to both sides going forward

S

sidelineview

No one is 'having a go' at you either Scythe ... just highlighting your deficiencies.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
CAS Opens ( as of 31st May ) to play on Thursday 5th June v CHS

1st XV - Tom Hill ( C ), James Widders-Leece ( K ) Alexander Rathie ( C ), Hugh Summerhayes ( C ), Lachlan Swinton ( K ), Nick Burkett ( B ), Jake Pierce ( K ), Nick Makas ( C ), Stephen Kirkby ( B ), David Smerdon ( B ), Zac Edelstein ( C ), Joe WIlliams ( K ), Connor Watson ( K ), Lucas Price ( K ), Sam Renton ( C ), Coaches – Mr T Glassie ( K ), Mr H Engele ( T ), Mgr – Mr B Robinson ( B ),

2nd XV - Harry McLennan ( T ), Charlie Banks ( C ), Austin Black ( K ), Will Stenmark ( C ), Langton McCombe ( C ), George Corias ( T ), Tom Mahony ( C ), Brett Van Zyl ( K ), Roy Harrison ( C ), James Dainton ( A ), Rihann Barkely-Brown ( T ), Henry Patterson ( W ), Nick Carroll ( C ), Sean Campbell ( B ), Seb Field ( K ) - Res Rob Lacinski ( K ), Anthony Nguyen ( T ), Edward Cook ( T ), Justin Cooper ( W ), Tim Pearson ( B ), Deon Navayan ( W ), Angus McNiven ( C ), David Barbati ( T ), Coaches – Mr G Munday ( A ), Mr J Burr ( A ), Physio – Mrs N Veverka

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
The terms shocking and appalling consistently align with negative connotations within the context of the English language. Not subjective reasoning, but a simple understanding of contextual language development will let you see your comments are in fact negatively geared. Someone with your experience could say things such as, the outside backs found it difficult to attain field position through vision and game understanding, but defended well as Waverley were unable to break the line in the 13-14 channel. But then again I would hate to hurt your feelings and suggest further aptitude in relation to posting online comments will grant you a greater insight into your personal development, as that would be embarrassing.

A connotation is a subjective inference therefore the premise behind your entire post is invalid...

Bad boy

Frank Nicholson (4)
A connotation is a subjective inference therefore the premise behind your entire post is invalid.

Scythe....give it a break really!!!! Some of us come on here to read the results and get some ideas on how each school is going. Who are you....you chat to the selectors...you carry on like you are some rugby guru and your negative comments are beyond a joke. Keep the posts to rugby and appreciate that all kids who play 1st XV at these schools are good rugby players and need encouragement.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'm not mentioning it anymore

CAS selections were interesting - only one Aloysius player which is probably in line with results

The backline looks great Renton appears to be have given the nod and fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.