• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ribticklers

Frank Row (1)
Heres My 16's CaS team with most if not all playing firsts this year for their respective clubs. Being a ex cranbrook boy i will try not be biased.
1 Finn Wright (W)
2 Daniel Buffa (B)
3 Max Cutrone (K)
4 Ben Pierce (K)
5 Mac Northcote (B)
6 Jonathon Stenning (K)
7 Matt Coghill (B)
8 Nick Frost (K)
9 Lachlan Townsend (W)
10 Sam Millard (B)
11 Will Lloyd (B)
12 Charlie Kellaway (K)
13 Falito van Woerkom (B)
14 Cooper May (B)
15 Mike Pavlakis (K)

ribticklers

Frank Row (1)
I would say mike pavlakis is the best all round player in the comp. If you watch him week in week out his consistency is unbelievable. Definitely an exciting prospect to look out for.

hero719

Frank Row (1)
Heres My 16's CaS team with most if not all playing firsts this year for their respective clubs. Being a ex cranbrook boy i will try not be biased.
1 Finn Wright (W)
2 Daniel Buffa (B)
3 Max Cutrone (K)
4 Ben Pierce (K)
5 Mac Northcote (B)
6 Jonathon Stenning (K)
7 Matt Coghill (B)
8 Nick Frost (K)
9 Lachlan Townsend (W)
10 Sam Millard (B)
11 Will Lloyd (B)
12 Charlie Kellaway (K)
14 Cooper May (B)
15 Mike Pavlakis (K)

i hear ben pierce is extremely talented

cranbrookrugby

Bob McCowan (2)
jeeeeez.. i really think it's time waverley renovated there grand stand at death valley it's honestly appalling, fitting a max of about 30 people and wooden planks being the seats which are already broken i wonder why the crowds have been low in the grand stands. You'd probably get a more comfortable seat on the grass hill either left or right of the grandstand.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
1 Finn Wright (W)
2 Daniel Buffa (B)
3 Max Cutrone (K)
4 Ben Pierce (K)
5 Mac Northcote (B)
6 Jonathon Stenning (K)
7 Matt Coghill (B)
8 Nick Frost (K)
9 Lachlan Townsend (W)
10 Sam Millard (B)
11 Will Lloyd (B)
12 Charlie Kellaway (K)
14 Cooper May (B)
15 Mike Pavlakis (K)

Isn't Lachlan Townsend a hooker?

D

DrinksBoy

Based on form from previous years in this age group, Knox and Waverley have been very dominant, however there have only been two rounds so-far this year. A possibles/ probables CAS 16's team might include the following:

1. Max Cutrone K
2. ??
3. Finn Wright W
4. Nick Frost K
5. Clifton W
6. Coghill B
7. Stenning K
8. Szabo W
9. Bell/ Hansen W/ K
10. Woodcock K
11. Van Woerkom B
12.Hardeker W
13. Howe/ Collins W/ K
14. ??
15. Pavlakis K

14. Tom Brown, promising winger, extreme pace, feet as good as Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Strong with the ball. I would consider him

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
jeeeeez.. i really think it's time waverley renovated there grand stand at death valley it's honestly appalling, fitting a max of about 30 people and wooden planks being the seats which are already broken i wonder why the crowds have been low in the grand stands. You'd probably get a more comfortable seat on the grass hill either left or right of the grandstand.

I agree that it is in poor condition, but with Waverley fees roughly 1/3 of those for Cranbrook, I suspect there's not a lot to splash about on non essentials

M

M squad 2015

I agree that it is in poor condition, but with Waverley fees roughly 1/3 of those for Cranbrook, I suspect there's not a lot to splash about on non essentials

If this is the case then considering the cricket incident cranbrook should be able to cover their own repairs of $1800??? nevertheless this is a rugby forum and with your mention of school fees. Surely cranbrook wouldve spent money of some sort on an attempt to revitalise the 2015 outfit..... so far they've done an appalling job - feeling sorry for the stand out players like Hill/Stenmark/Study and Wilson for having their potential hindered by the rugby program at cranbrook.

theauthority123

Bob McCowan (2)
1. Max Cutrone - Knox
2. Hunter Doyle - Waverly
3. Daniel Buffa - Barker
4. Humphrey - Knox
5. Nick Frost - Knox
6. Matt Coghill - Barker
7. Stenning - Knox
8. Liam Cornish - Waverly
9. Marco Bell - Waverly
10. Cranbrook's big fly half, great ball skills and size. / Donaldson - Waverly
11. William Loyd - Barker
12. Collins - Knox
13. Fallito Van Woerkom - Barker
14. O'Sullivan - Waverly
15. Michael Pavlakis - Knox

There still are spots up for grabs as i have not watched Trinity play this year but hope to see a good winger from them. Otherwise, i think we have a chance against GPS this year!

The cranbrook 16a's five-eight is finnbar stenmark

Johnny Sins

Frank Row (1)
Waverley College 16A's are looking very strong this weekend. Should be a good game between Waverley's 16A's and Cranbrooks 16A's. The two number 10s from each team are possible CAS candidates.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Cranbrook 16A's will come out of left field and cause a few surprises this year. They are a solid team with an ability to kick the ball to places where the opposition is not.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Back to the games on Saturday and some random thoughts on the games.

St. Aloysius v Barker
Probably the match of the round. At home Aloys will be tough, and though they went down to Trinity last week will put on a spirited match against Barker. As in other years their depth will be problematic, but the core of the team has good experience. Barker had a good turn around from round 1 and they weren’t that poor against Knox. The game will be free flowing as both sides like using their backs. Both sides are traditionally well coached and can play smart rugby. The forwards of both sides may be on the small side but are full of running.

My tip? No idea, so I lean towards the home side.

Cranbrook v Waverley

Cranbrook has come down a long way from last year. But their season does seem to be unsettled due to injuries and the like. They are last on the ladder, but it is still early and in terms of for and against aren’t the worse. One would think that the residual quality from last year should come through. Waverley suffered a bit of a beating last week, but played quite well. They are a competitive side and are not short of quality players and plenty of depth. Though soundly defeated last week it was by Knox and in round 1 they accounted for Trinity. On current form I think Cranbrook will remain languishing at the bottom of the table winless after 3 rounds. Cranbrook’s relative strength may be in the forwards and discipline, but Waverley with too much flair. The result will be only tempered by Waverley’s penchant for giving away penalties and by how much Knox took out of them last week. Waverley by 20.

Knox v Trinity

In theory a lay-down-misere but in recent years Knox rugby times main fragility appear to be mental. Either lacking a killing edge or trying too hard and losing finish and composure. This side is different: clinical, well drilled, ruthless and powerful. But they will be against a Trinity team buoyed by victory last week. And I believe they will welcome back a few key players. They will be strong in the forwards and may be up against a side that are mentally relaxed after their ‘grand final’ last week. However Knox has too much class and far more depth than Trinity. At home, Knox by 35+ (though this could be the game where the margin could surprise).​

Mr Goyu Goodthing

Frank Nicholson (4)
Back to the games on Saturday and some random thoughts on the games.

St. Aloysius v Barker
Probably the match of the round. At home Aloys will be tough, and though they went down to Trinity last week will put on a spirited match against Barker. As in other years their depth will be problematic, but the core of the team has good experience. Barker had a good turn around from round 1 and they weren’t that poor against Knox. The game will be free flowing as both sides like using their backs. Both sides are traditionally well coached and can play smart rugby. The forwards of both sides may be on the small side but are full of running.

My tip? No idea, so I lean towards the home side.

Cranbrook v Waverley

Cranbrook has come down a long way from last year. But their season does seem to be unsettled due to injuries and the like. They are last on the ladder, but it is still early and in terms of for and against aren’t the worse. One would think that the residual quality from last year should come through. Waverley suffered a bit of a beating last week, but played quite well. They are a competitive side and are not short of quality players and plenty of depth. Though soundly defeated last week it was by Knox and in round 1 they accounted for Trinity. On current form I think Cranbrook will remain languishing at the bottom of the table winless after 3 rounds. Cranbrook’s relative strength may be in the forwards and discipline, but Waverley with too much flair. The result will be only tempered by Waverley’s penchant for giving away penalties and by how much Knox took out of them last week. Waverley by 20.

Knox v Trinity

In theory a lay-down-misere but in recent years Knox rugby times main fragility appear to be mental. Either lacking a killing edge or trying too hard and losing finish and composure. This side is different: clinical, well drilled, ruthless and powerful. But they will be against a Trinity team buoyed by victory last week. And I believe they will welcome back a few key players. They will be strong in the forwards and may be up against a side that are mentally relaxed after their ‘grand final’ last week. However Knox has too much class and far more depth than Trinity. At home, Knox by 35+ (though this could be the game where the margin could surprise).​

Does anyone have the teams for Trinity and Knox?

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Any thoughts on the fact that CAS doesn't test for performance enhancing drugs?
This is schoolboy rugby and we are meant to be honoured as a group representing our schools knowing that you have put in the effort to play at such a high level.
I don't know how someone can be proud knowing that the skill he has doesn't actually come from raw talent, hard work and commitment.
CAS needs to start testing.

Some boys there I would be sussing out (at all schools, including Waves), no names, but lets be honest with ourselves, it's at a point, were it's probably being used at every school (not condoned by the school by any means), but we'll never know.

Lets not be oblivious to the ever developing world of sports science and technology. But no one has anything to worry about if your not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.