• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Goyu Goodthing

Frank Nicholson (4)
I didn't see the game, however can anyone provide a recap on the Knox Vs Canadian school game on Saturday? Aside from the obvious walkover, who played well?

Hi all , this is my first post since i joined tonight. i have been watching the teams over the last few years/ months and i was at the Knox Vs Collingwood(?)

Yes you are right they were not allowed to compete in the ruck how ever if a opposition came into slot them then it was a different story. Knox had majority of the ball about 95%, While looking dominant and scoring off majority of kickoffs or passes i think the number 10 for Knox? could throw a bit of a better pass or atleat hand it off abit more when making a break. Knox has a quite big 4,5,6,7,8 very agile and quick. I think all 4 of those nubers got over the line with the 8 scores 2-3 tries looking really fit and good with the ball, while 7 was always there to support alot of the time and give good offload, the 6 is a very very large boy. Good under the high balls and very hard to bring down going 3/4 of the field to score a try. the 4 didn't recieve much ball as they were scoring off every kickoff but Collingwood put in a grubber and he was straight on it and ran 1/2 the field to put it under the posts (quite speedy for a second rower) , the number 5 very big again and agile stepping his way through to score a beauty of a try the number 15 for Knox , a freak with the boot missing 1-2 out of atleast 10-11 conversions. While Knox looked very well the number 13 for collingwood ? (heard he was a Canadian international) set up a beauty of a try, the only points for the visiting team.

Have to say over all Knox look not only bit and fast but very fit.

Didn't get across to watch Auggies play Collingwood today..

Ruck & Maul 101

Allen Oxlade (6)
Team list based off last year from who has returned (from what i can gather, not all may be right)

1. Afu
2. Nettleton
3. Mcrae ?? pathways ??
4. Elia Faatui
5.?
6.?
7.?
8.?
9. Bate
10. Marr ? if returning?
11. O'toole?
12. Lough
13.?
14.?
15. Ma afu
Can anyone help out with the empty spots

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Waves first XV named today for this weekend's clash with the View at Death Valley. Looks mighty strong and can unbiasedly see no weakness over the park.

1. -
2. Mckenna
3. Micallef
4. Smith
5. Cooper
6. O'sullivan
7. Clifford
8. Cardassilaris
9. Murphy
10. Jordan (formally Bailey)
11. Narayan
12. Muddle
13. Yoannidis
14. -
15. Mohi

- = Can't recall. Will find out and let you know
Maybe one in the wrong position, go's off what I was told from memory but the right names. Cheers.

John Wong

Frank Row (1)
Waves first XV named today for this weekend's clash with the View at Death Valley. Looks mighty strong and can unbiasedly see no weakness over the park.

1. -
2. Mckenna
3. Micallef
4. Smith
5. Cooper
6. O'sullivan
7. Clifford
8. Cardassilaris
9. Murphy
11. Narayan
12. Muddle
13. Yoannidis
14. -
15. Mohi

- = Can't recall. Will find out and let you know
Maybe one in the wrong position, go's off what I was told from memory but the right names. Cheers.

Official team is actually

1. Wright
2. Mckenna
3. Micallef
4. Smith
5. Cooper
6. O'sullivan
7. Clifford
8. Cardassilaris
9. Murphy
11. Narayan
12. Muddle
13. Fuller
14. Yoannidis
15. Mohi

S

sidelineview

1. Wright
2. Mckenna
3. Micallef
4. Smith
5. Cooper
6. O'sullivan
7. Clifford
8. Cardassilaris
9. Murphy
11. Narayan
12. Muddle
13. Fuller
14. Yoannidis
15. Mohi

I'm familiar with all the names except Muddle. What year is he in?
Narayan on the wing is interesting.

S

sidelineview

Correct me if I'm wrong regarding what Year the boys are in ...

1. Wright - Year 10
2. Mckenna - Year 12
3. Micallef - Year 11
4. Smith - Year 11
5. Cooper - Year 12
6. O'sullivan - Year 11
7. Clifford - Year 12
8. Cardassilaris - Year 12
9. Murphy - Year 12
10. Jordan (formally Bailey) - Year 11
11. Narayan - Year 12
12. Muddle - ?
13. Fuller - Year 11
14. Yoannidis - Year 11
15. Mohi - Year 12

CB Set

Peter Burge (5)
I believed i have missed something, when did Knox play a Canadian school and what Canadian school was it.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Great selection of Finn wright ... Rare for a year 10 kid to be picked ... Let alone a front rower.

Haven't seen his scrummaging but definitely good work rate, strong ball runner ... And deserved selection IMHO

Think this weekend will be interesting to see how both knox and waverley fare against 2 powerhouses, in auggies and view .... Both of whom have major Aussie schoolboy level stars ....

So predicting a tough day at the office ... Death Valley and #?

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
I believed i have missed something, when did Knox play a Canadian school and what Canadian school was it.

Yes they played Collingwood School, a small private co-ed school from Vancouver.
Knox easily beat Collingwood School about 60-0 in the 16s and 105-5 in the Opens.
Big deal. They're Canadian.
David and Goliath match up.

Collingwood School also played Central Coast Grammar. I presume they lost. They also played St Augs - got smashed.
Then they were moving onto the Gold Coast to perhaps The Southport School. You can guess the result of those games.

One day soon all those Aussie schools will tour Canada to play NFL and NHL.
Oh, that's right. That would be an unfair contest.

Oldpig

Stan Wickham (3)
Yes they played Collingwood School, a small private co-ed school from Vancouver.
Knox easily beat Collingwood School about 60-0 in the 16s and 105-5 in the Opens.
Big deal. They're Canadian.
David and Goliath match up.

Collingwood School also played Central Coast Grammar. I presume they lost. They also played St Augs - got smashed.
Then they were moving onto the Gold Coast to perhaps The Southport School. You can guess the result of those games.

One day soon all those Aussie schools will tour Canada to play NFL and NHL.
Oh, that's right. That would be an unfair contest.

Firstly the school is Shawnigan Lake School, not Collingwood. Played Barker yesterday, won 29-22 in 1st's & lost in 2nd's. They have been touring around and played in Brisbane, Sydney and NZ. I believe they won on the central coast playing a combined team, not sure of the score. Nice group of young men and well adapted to playing rugby. Not sure why you seem to be so dismissive of there abilities.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Firstly the school is Shawnigan Lake School, not Collingwood. Played Barker yesterday, won 29-22 in 1st's & lost in 2nd's. They have been touring around and played in Brisbane, Sydney and NZ. I believe they won on the central coast playing a combined team, not sure of the score. Nice group of young men and well adapted to playing rugby. Not sure why you seem to be so dismissive of there abilities.

Nope, definitely Collingwood School. The boys were billeted to Knox and St Augs parents. Very nice boys.
Must be two touring Canadian high schools - it is their Spring Break over there.
Not dismissive of their rugby abilities, to the contrary they had some nice structure and played a good brand of rugby.
Non contested scrums though v Knox and St. Augs which is understandable.

My comments were being supportive of the Collingwood team because of the boasting by the Knox boys on Saturday night at the 7s carnival that the 1sts had beaten Collingwood School by 105-5 or thereabouts.
When St Augs played Collingwood School on Monday evening they put out their 2nds and 3rds not 1sts.

Cheers.

S

sidelineview

It looks like the predictions of Waverley fielding a young 1st XV team this season are exaggerated.

1. Wright - Year 10
2. Mckenna - Year 12
3. Micallef - Year 11
4. Smith - Year 11
5. Cooper - Year 12
6. O'sullivan - Year 11
7. Clifford - Year 12
8. Cardassilaris - Year 12
9. Murphy - Year 12
10. Jordan (formally Bailey) - Year 11
11. Narayan - Year 12
12. Muddle - Year 12
13. Fuller - Year 11
14. Yoannidis - Year 11
15. Mohi - Year 12

Oldpig

Stan Wickham (3)
Any word on Barker? Have they had any trials yet? What did they do in the off season?

Usual pre season training which has included general fitness, some skills etc. Nothing to the extent of Knox or Waverly from what I am reading or hearing locally.

Last Saturday internal trails for all age groups with the opens playing a Head Masters XV against Radford College, ACT which ended in Barker losing.
Mid week game against visiting Canadian school, Shawnigan. 1st's lost, 2nd's won.

This weekend at home to Stannies and the week after playing Oak Hill before various tours to Qld & ACT.

Last weekend saw a number of injuries particularly in the 16's so not sure how they will go with a number of boys having to play out of position so to speak this week.

There doesn't look to be a great deal of depth in the opens at this stage, the packs are on the smaller side and there isn't a lot of tall timber up front so it might be a lean year for them from a fire power perspective. From the chatter around there could be a few Yr10 boys playing up, perhaps to fill some vacancies created thru injury etc. they might be able to hold their own against the lesser teams but could be found out against the strong, more athletic sides like Knox.

Not expecting too much at this stage but stranger things have happened and it still only trials. Good luck to them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.