• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Funny you should say that: pretty sure Laurie Fahy went to Waverley and I would have thought he'd give Ugarte a run for his money if he did.
No room for Morgan Turinui either.

If Fahy was a Waverley boy, then he should be in with Finnane ahead of Ugarte and Picone. It's harder to fit Turinui in, unless you oust Dave Brown as a League ring-in. You'd have to say Cyril Towers needs to be there.

You still see Brian Murphy turning up to Waverley matches - he must be ancient now. In my last year at school we drew with Waverley in the 1st XV and beat them in the 1st XI cricket (for the first time in six years), and the expression on his face each time was priceless - a combination of fury and bewilderment. He did like to win.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If Fahy was a Waverley boy, then he should be in with Finnane ahead of Ugarte and Picone. It's harder to fit Turinui in, unless you oust Dave Brown as a League ring-in. You'd have to say Cyril Towers needs to be there.

You still see Brian Murphy turning up to Waverley matches - he must be ancient now. In my last year at school we drew with Waverley in the 1st XV and beat them in the 1st XI cricket (for the first time in six years), and the expression on his face each time was priceless - a combination of fury and bewilderment. He did like to win.

You might enjoy this:
http://www.randwickrugby.com.au/news/news-archive/news-2008/12-tribute-to-bill-outterside

Fahy was a hard man.

S

sidelineview

Just for fun, here's my CAS 1stXV from U16s players who played 1sts for their schools this season. Go ahead: pick it to pieces.

1. Tim Anstey. B
2. Eric Steyne. A
4. Milan Bassan. K
5. Liam Rasch. T
6. James Wayland. T
7. Peter Slaven. A
8. Andrew Spira. C
9. Tyzac Bailey. W
10. Matt Dainton. A
11. Ryan Longville. T
12. Jordan Morris. T
13. James Armstrong. K
14. Leo Bosch. K
15. Jackson Mohi. W

Bench:
Jaya Yoannidis. W
Sean Hasegawa. B
Tom Fuller. W

rugbyfanatic91

Stan Wickham (3)
Just for fun, here's my CAS 1stXV from U16s players who played 1sts for their schools this season. Go ahead: pick it to pieces.

1. Tim Anstey. B
2. Eric Steyne. A
4. Milan Bassan. K
5. Liam Rasch. T
6. James Wayland. T
7. Peter Slaven. A
8. Andrew Spira. C
9. Tyzac Bailey. W
10. Matt Dainton. A
11. Ryan Longville. T
12. Jordan Morris. T
13. James Armstrong. K
14. Leo Bosch. K
15. Jackson Mohi. W

Bench:
Jaya Yoannidis. W
Sean Hasegawa. B
Tom Fuller. W
Absolutely agree the choice of Spira at 8 from Cranbrook. How he did not make the CAS 16s team i would never know, He is absolute man child, I'm pretty sure he would be the top try scorer in the CAS 16s comp this year. Another inclusion would probably be Micallef at 3 from Waverley another very strong ball runner and probably would of played 1sts this year if it wasn't for a tough injury. Also Stewart from Cranbrook another non inclusion from the CAS 16s team although have a lot of game time in the premiership winnings1sts.... Rugby is a funny game sometimes i guess.

S

sidelineview

Absolutely agree the choice of Spira at 8 from Cranbrook. How he did not make the CAS 16s team i would never know, He is absolute man child, I'm pretty sure he would be the top try scorer in the CAS 16s comp this year. Another inclusion would probably be Micallef at 3 from Waverley another very strong ball runner and probably would of played 1sts this year if it wasn't for a tough injury. Also Stewart from Cranbrook another non inclusion from the CAS 16s team although have a lot of game time in the premiership winnings1sts.. Rugby is a funny game sometimes i guess.

Micallef's a good player and should be pushing for a front row spot in the Waverley 1sts next season, but the players listed are those who have had played for the 1sts this season. I'm not sure if there were any other props other than Anstey from Barker.

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I noticed that on the CAS website, it has Barker and Waverley finishing on 3rd and 4th respectively on the 2014 ladder, despite both finishing on 8 points. Is it safe to assume therefore that the CAS doesn't utilize joint positions and that it comes down to F/A?

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
Very early thoughts for the younger age groups i.e 16s? Any 15s players this year going to be playing 1sts?

BigKev

Stan Wickham (3)
Aloysius will have 13 players returning with 1st XV experience, including NSW candidates Dainton and Slaven who played 16s last year and were blooded in the final round (making a handy centres combination together). Surely to be a big threat in 2015.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Only 2 boys from CAS made NSW youth 7s squad but I don't know how it was selected:
James Armstrong - Knox
Alec Diamond - Aloys
Any thoughts?

Armstrong is a very good 15s player but he would be a sensational 7's player I expect.
Don't know Diamond.

Gill

Frank Row (1)
Absolutely agree the choice of Spira at 8 from Cranbrook. How he did not make the CAS 16s team i would never know, He is absolute man child, I'm pretty sure he would be the top try scorer in the CAS 16s comp this year. Another inclusion would probably be Micallef at 3 from Waverley another very strong ball runner and probably would of played 1sts this year if it wasn't for a tough injury. Also Stewart from Cranbrook another non inclusion from the CAS 16s team although have a lot of game time in the premiership winnings1sts.. Rugby is a funny game sometimes i guess.

Andrew Spira sure is a man child, i wonder how he got so big so quick...

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
I would be surprised if Harry Chapman from Knox doesn't find his way into the CAS back row somewhere. Played 8 for Knox in 2014 and got a run in the CAS opens teams also. Can play 6,7,& 8.

Forward focused

Frank Row (1)
My prediction for the Knox firsts next year:
1 Conner Grindle
2 Nick Rowel
3 Alex Cole
4 Hugh Margin
5 Lachlan Begg
6 Lachlan Swinton
7 Harry Chapman
8 Milan Basson
9 Tim Webber
10 Lio Bosh
11 Jack Kane
12 Jo Williams
13 Micheal Wright
14 James Armstrong
15 David Stenning

Ben Dover

Frank Nicholson (4)
Rumor has it - Knox v Augustines early next year.
How will that predicted Knox team match up against Augustines??

Status
Not open for further replies.