• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Any results from the nursery? Joeys v knox 16as. 15as? Waverley v newington 16as, 15as?

Saw 16s. Newington had two teams, Waverley four. Waverley C/D beat New in a close one. In next game New 16A played Waverley B and led 17-0 at halftime then Waverley As ran on for second half and scored 32-0. Final score 32-17 to Waverley. Pretty talented Waverley 16A team.

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
I know the knox coach (Williams?) cops a bit of stick , but tell you what he has done an excellent job with this years team . Talk about well drilled. At the breakdown they are excellent. They were very courageous against auggies to clinch a draw on the bell, and today smoked a disjointed joeys outfit.

And the team does a good job helping referee in unison

I thought last years knox team was going to be hard to beat . With try scoring machine widders-lee (2) and Connor Watson in centres..

However this team looks even better . The best would be big hitting number 6 (swinton?), and high work rate number 8, the number 13, and pacey winger
(stenning)

Front row might of been monstered by auggies, but don't think any cas front row will be capable of that

So hard to see where this team can be beaten . Maybe weaker on one edge, and maybe dim unitive fullback might struggle under high ball

It will take a minor miracle, to beat this team

Either that or a mild mannered maths teacher from the east . But wouldn't bet my house on it

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Williams cops a bit of stick because he's employed as a professional rugby coach presumably to win the competition. If he doesn't achieve this then it is right to ask why people's hard-earned money is being spent to pay a professional coach who is unable to better amateur, part-time coaches.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
well you don't see that everyday, dare I say a good season on the cards for the boys in willougby?

Scorelines like that don't counter for anything though - a good, hard first round hitout will show the Calibre of the Team

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Williams cops a bit of stick because he's employed as a professional rugby coach presumably to win the competition. If he doesn't achieve this then it is right to ask why people's hard-earned money is being spent to pay a professional coach who is unable to better amateur, part-time coaches.

Except that something is lost in the translation from a co-curricular activity to one in which the only measure of its worth is absolute victory.

trytime15

Frank Row (1)
Scorelines like that don't counter for anything though - a good, hard first round hitout will show the Calibre of the Team
Did anyone see the game? I would be interested in some highlights as well as some strengths and weaknesses

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
"Scorelines like that don't counter for anything though - a good, hard first round hitout will show the Calibre of the Team"

Well, up to a point. A trial is a trial, and doesn't say a lot, necessarily, about what will happen in the competition. But nor is it completely meaningless. And, while I don't pretend to be right up on SAC Rugby records, I don't recall Aloysius ever running up that many points against anyone. So they are bound to take a lot of confidence from that.

Then again, I can't recall Knox ever running up 48 points against St Joseph's, either.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Knox from 16s upwards look strong. There will be a number of good years ahead for Knox rugby. I am just not certain that it's the coach or a bunch of strong year cohorts . Or both. I can see 2015-2017 being great years ahead. The trials this weekend at Knox 1 are interesting however as joeys were missing a ton of players and knox were missing 6 due to cadet camps. That just demonstrates the depth at knox to draw upon .

RugbyFan14

Herbert Moran (7)
Oakhill 31 Barker 17

Oakhill led 26-7 at half time. Barker fought hard. Scrum performed much better this week (Stannies front row last week was huge) and forwards generally were better. Backs managed a few breaks. Overall I'd say a very tough year ahead for Barker. Will do well to avoid a massacre at Knox in round 1.

Fred87

Frank Nicholson (4)
Knox from 16s upwards look strong. There will be a number of good years ahead for Knox rugby. I am just not certain that it's the coach or a bunch of strong year cohorts . Or both. I can see 2015-2017 being great years ahead. The trials this weekend at Knox 1 are interesting however as joeys were missing a ton of players and knox were missing 6 due to cadet camps. That just demonstrates the depth at knox to draw upon .

Yes very strong years coming through. Training all summer, big commitment in the weight room etc. Knox will dominate. Some might say they will win this year in spite of the coach. Still amazed they managed to lose last year with such a strong side (points differential of +304!)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yes very strong years coming through. Training all summer, big commitment in the weight room etc. Knox will dominate. Some might say they will win this year in spite of the coach. Still amazed they managed to lose last year with such a strong side (points differential of +304!)

but not the auditors

james777

Bob McCowan (2)
not so sure that the 16s at Knox are that strong. I suspect that you have a decent year but they were challenged last year very well by Waves. Challenged and defeated. Also Trinity for that matter.

Didnt they also abandon the game on the weekend against joeys? who fielded their second string team?

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
No word from Trinity's game on the weekend. Did they get lost on the way back from Bathurst?

Rover

Frank Row (1)
No word from Trinity's game on the weekend. Did they get lost on the way back from Bathurst?
It was a draw 22-22 in the trinity vs stannies game . Stannies very lucky with a try in the last 30 seconds of the game with controversial referring all the Way through

Status
Not open for further replies.