• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
CM 102.JPG

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Plenty of people behind me at the Nth end of ground and it was at least 6 deep the full length of stand.

Great ground for viewing Rugby.

oldandslow

Herbert Moran (7)
Trinity v Aloys 10-10 at half time.

Trinity's line out is appalling, but scrambling defence has kept a better organised Aloys team at bay since 5 mins in, when Aloys strolled over from a good back line move.

Aloys look more likely, but if Trinity can win some line out ball get some continuity their physically stronger pack might come into the game.

Should be a good second half.

Kilgore Trout

Herbert Moran (7)
Knox 29 Waverley 0 - 20 minutes into second half - very strong performance by Knox - Waverley resolute but Knox forwards dominant and backs combining well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

william_wolfgang

Bob McCowan (2)
Strong performance from barker today, 28 - 21 although probably should have put a few more points on. Would like to see Klennan (B) get some time off the bench in future weeks as he is a strong impact player.

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
I didn't want to say it because I've embarrassed myself with predictions in the past but I must say, having watched the video posted on this thread of Waverley vs Trinity last week, and having attended the Knox vs Barker match, the standard of rugby looked far higher at Knox no. 1. I will reiterate, I wouldn't be surprised if Barker end up 2nd or 3rd this year, despite copping that massive beating in the first round.

I can't help but think its going to be a Knox white wash this year

Tahmen

Frank Nicholson (4)
Knox 41- Waverley 0
It was a perfect day for a game of rugby down at death valley. The crowd was relatively small compared to the Knox v Barker crowd last week but the atmosphere was electric. The two behemoths of this years rugby competitin going head to head. The game was expected to be close with the strong Knox forwards against the powerful Waverly backs.

The first half opened up with an early strong scrum from both teams. 4 minutes in Stenning had a great run down the left hand side and converted very nicely. 7 - 0 to Knox. Waverly however continued to fight on kicking a penalty very nicely into the corner (I missed who was kicking). Early in the first half the rugby being played by both teams was superb.Knox somehow kept crashing on as the huge Begg crashed over for the 2nd try of the game. Stenning continued his beautiful kicking and form. 14 - 0 to Knox. Although the score line was starting to swing towards Knox, waverely played on and when their 15 got the ball he looked very dangerous. It was Knox's defense that in the end gave them the advantage. They played some magnificent defensive rugby and their white wall held strong led by Chapman. Emphasis must be placed on the fact that the 14 and the 15 for waverly always looked dangerous when they touched the ball. Periods of play were going Waverlys way. Williams scored off of some great team play with stenning missing a hard kick. 19 - 0 to Knox. With 5 minutes to go Waverly was getting a bit restless and starting to lose their discipline. A yellow was awarded to Waverly 6 for taking a swing at Knox's captain America.

Waverly came out firing in the 2nd half they were on the offensive early. When Stenning touched the ball he flew down the wing with a try being scored by Rowell. A great kick from waverly and then a great chase showed that the fire was still burning causing the knox winger to knock it out into touch. This was the first time Waverley seemed close to a try they were sitting 10 out from Knox's line and were looking dangerous. Knox's defense was unshakable however and they forced a penalty. After that Knox's fitness and Waverlys slacking discipline signalled the end. With a couple more tries to Knox.

In the end the result was clear. Knox was the better team. However there were times when the waverly backs played wonderfully particularily 13, 14, 15. Knox's whole team was strong if I had to pick a player it would be Stenning who before he was injured caused havoc in the waverly defense with his speed and kicking. It is hard to see a team beating Knox this year but I thought the same last year.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wow ... How dominant were Knox. Waverley tried to hang tough ... But simply outgunned. Didn't realise how good Knox number 8 (chapman) is. So between number 6 (captain America) also playing his usual blinder.... And he made Zac cardisalaris (autocorrect) look small

Cooper (8)was probably waverleys best ... In a losing team, and very good in line outs

Then in the backs... stenning ... Which keeps autocorrecting to stunning ... Well might as well be that ... His turn of speed ... Awesome!

And Waverley weren't able to contain stennings side of the field ... Although stunning did leave field injured in 2nd half

The stemming injury might be a worry for a lesser team, but even his absence didn't slow scoring

Waverley similarly lost Tyzac to what looked a bad leg injury

Then 13 for Knox was awesome ... Although he was monstered by his opposite number ... Towards end of game.

Knox's 15 too ... Got that wrong, he plays way above his weight

Waverley seemed to play ok at set piece but were smashed in mid field forays

Lot of errors from Waverley that would put down to dominant Knox forwards

Knox Played like a professional outfit ... so few chinks in the armour

Can't see anyone beating this team

Although hopefully waves will give it a better crack in 2nd round... As by then they will have almost have spend as much time as Knox has already spent together

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
How about waverleys lower A teams ... Anyone get any joy? 15as?

Wonder how tadg murphy went in the centres? Kid can play imho

Have to say Knox rugby programme looking pretty dominant

Tahmen

Frank Nicholson (4)
How about waverleys lower A teams . Anyone get any joy? 15as?

I believe that the Knox 16As may have just beaten the Waverley 16As very close game from what I heard. Does anybody have the score?

S

sidelineview

How about waverleys lower A teams . Anyone get any joy? 15as?

Knox won all ages. 16As 12-10 was close. 15As was close but won by Knox 15-12. Get young Murphy back into the forwards! he's wasted out there; doesn't touch the ball enough times.

S

sidelineview

Wow . How dominant were Knox. Waverley tried to hang tough . But simply outgunned. Didn't realise how good Knox number 8 (chapman) is. So between number 6 (captain America) also playing his usual blinder.. And he made Zac cardisalaris (autocorrect) look small

Cooper (8)was probably waverleys best . In a losing team, and very good in line outs

Then in the backs. stenning . Which keeps autocorrecting to stunning . Well might as well be that . His turn of speed . Awesome!

And Waverley weren't able to contain stennings side of the field . Although stunning did leave field injured in 2nd half

The stemming injury might be a worry for a lesser team, but even his absence didn't slow scoring

Then 13 for Knox was awesome . Although he was monstered by his opposite number . Towards end of game.

Knox's 15 too . Got that wrong, he plays way above his weight

Knox Played like a professional outfit . so few chinks in the armour

Although hopefully waves will give it a better crack in 2nd round. As by then they will have almost have spend as much time as Knox has already spent together

Knox were awesome and would have beaten Waverley even if they did play well, but the Double V were ill disciplined and made too many simple mistakes, like dropped ball off good passes.
Two yellow cards in the first half didn't help and far too many penalties given away.

Knox have a very big mobile pack of forwards and fast classy backs as well as more than one good goal kicker. Their defence was rock solid. It's hard to imagine anyone beating them at this stage.

Blackdog

Bob McCowan (2)
Great report Tahmen. Knox has finally got the monkey off their back at the valley. They will be hard to stop now - sounds like a team effort and less reliance on individuals as last year.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Knox won all ages. 16As 12-10 was close. 15As was close but won by Knox 15-12. Get young Murphy back into the forwards! he's wasted out there; doesn't touch the ball enough times.
Agree re Murphy. Waves 2 tries scored when Knox was down to 14 with yellow card. Otherwise, thought Knox were the dominant side, esp in the backs, and were a bit unlucky not to post 2 more tries down the flanks.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Wow . How dominant were Knox. Waverley tried to hang tough . But simply outgunned. Didn't realise how good Knox number 8 (chapman) is. So between number 6 (captain America) also playing his usual blinder.. And he made Zac cardisalaris (autocorrect) look small

Cooper (8)was probably waverleys best . In a losing team, and very good in line outs

Then in the backs. stenning . Which keeps autocorrecting to stunning . Well might as well be that . His turn of speed . Awesome!

And Waverley weren't able to contain stennings side of the field . Although stunning did leave field injured in 2nd half

Then 13 for Knox was awesome . Although he was monstered by his opposite number . Towards end of game.

Knox's 15 too . Got that wrong, he plays way above his weight

Knox Played like a professional outfit . so few chinks in the armour

Although hopefully waves will give it a better crack in 2nd round. As by then they will have almost have spend as much time as Knox has already spent together

Knox #8 is Basson. Chapman is 7 (Captain).

Status
Not open for further replies.