• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
I'll take second to this, seeing I was sitting with the headmaster, I'll say otherwise haha
Once again, Waverley are the thugs and every other team are angles - even if there was only one yellow card (to a Barker player). Insert sarcasm here. Waverley can do no right - even when they outplay an opposition.

S

sidelineview

Once again, Waverley are the thugs and every other team are angles - even if there was only one yellow card (to a Barker player). Insert sarcasm here. Waverley can do no right - even when they outplay an opposition.

Of course they are and there's that word áppalling'again

S

sidelineview

Match report please Waves v Barker -WTHH?!?!
Knox V SAC - always dangerous at Tyneside - but seriously ...is there much pos psychology going on in the Knox 1's inner sanctum of mindsets! This would appear to be the unloseable year with great experience & match winners across the park. Sure .a few back stars are out but one in particular can b a hog and surely they don't drop 20-40 points in their absence!? As for Trinity - they are improving in leaps & bounds ...a young PE teacher not good enough to get a job @ Knox - scarred with the poisoned chalice of being an Old Boy - but it's a superb record he had at Waverley as a coach before being poached by Trinity & he ain't even 30! As for Cranbrook - the 2013 16 A Cas champs - very disappointing ! Why ?! Over n out

Deja Vu
and well done to Trinity and their coach

S

sidelineview

Anyway, Barker played good and Waverley had a shocker. They still could have won with a bit of luck with the bounce of the ball from a couple of kick chases, but Barker were the better team on the day. too many unforced errors and pushing passes from the Waves.

oldandslow

Herbert Moran (7)
Looking forward to Snort's report on the Trinity match. In short, Trinity was too big, strong and fast for Cranbrook.

The game was over at half-time, with the boys from Summer Hill up 52-7 on the back of a dominant forward performance. Plenty of stand out players, but the platform was largely laid by the one-two punch of Trinity's two outstanding ball runners, the numbers 8 and 1. Generally it was Wayland (1) first running straight and hard and making it well over the gain line with a quick recycle and then McClennan (8) on the second phase wreaking absolute havoc. Cranbrook really had no answer to the big #8. Both of those two also crashed over for tries, with McClennan's coming off the back of a 40m run.

In the backs, Longville (15) was outstanding again, Morris (12) was very strong in defence (including a thumping tackle on Cranbrook's much larger #4, Stenmark), incisive in attack and distributed the ball well to the outside backs. Siteine (10) was evasive and clever, but perhaps should have let the ball talk a little more at times during the second half. Hard to be critical though, as he has such good footwork and it's good to see a fly-half moving forward.

Trinity really was strong across the park. The disasters in the line out from earlier rounds appear to be sorted out and they looked organised, fit, strong and keen. They will be particularly pleased with holding Cranbrook out in the second half during a good 7-8 minutes of unrelenting goal line defence from 5m out.

Of interest is Kordell Payne (14) on debut. He is only in year 10 but has pace to spare and repeatedly left his opposite number unable to lay a hand on him. He picked up three first half tries. One to watch in years to come I'd imagine.

For Cranbrook, the team was valiant and, in particular Harrington (9) made some critical try saving tackles, but they were generally out-muscled and outpaced across the park.

By today's results in the other games Knox is still the one to beat, but they likely have their return match to Summer Hill marked down as a tricky one.

Fredrick Wilson

Frank Row (1)
Ryan Longville. He has a long history of playing in rep sides and at this stage, I'd imagine he's the favourite to play fullback for the CAS 1st XV.

Oh i know of Longville, i am talking about the Trinity 2nds? The fullback was said to have a good game last week and i was wondered how he performed this week that they won?

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
Ywould be possible to do what SJRU does every year and grade teams .

Glad that you acknowledge that it's far from perfect - it is a scheduler's nightmare and it still doesn't guarantee an even competition. Just get over it - the schools are not doing rugby for your personal edification, they do it as part of their co-curricular activities to satisfy the board of studies that they satisfy the board's phys ed requirements

Tahmen

Frank Nicholson (4)
Loving the CAS Competition this year! It is the closest I have ever seen it, with a bit of luck going there way it would seem that almost any team could beat another team.
On another note does anybody know who scored the first and the last try for Aloys on the weekend?

The rark

Frank Row (1)
Loving the CAS Competition this year! It is the closest I have ever seen it, with a bit of luck going there way it would seem that almost any team could beat another team.
On another note does anybody know who scored the first and the last try for Aloys on the weekend?

Pete Slaven scored the first try
Jack Mazaraki scored the last try

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I didn't see much of Vigar in the Trinity/Cranbrook Seconds. I did think it was odd that two players as good as Harrison Stewart (for Cranbrook) and David Barbati (for Trinity - CAS Seconds last year) were running around in the Seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.