• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Halftime. Barker lead 14/12...Cranbrook must have had 75% possession and 90% field position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiekka

Bob McCowan (2)
Aloys 17 Trinty 3 half time. Trinity have had better of field position but two good tries to Aloys backs. First try to Aloys 15 off Alex Diamond flick pass. Second to Aloys 14 off a long cross field kick. Had work to do to beat fullback.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Cranbrook v Barker. Cranbrook win 23/17.. 3 tries to 2. Scrappy game but Cranbrook were dominant and had enough ball to win 2 games. 1st win of year for the Whites. Well done

Hiekka

Bob McCowan (2)
Aloys 34-13 over Trinity. Aloys backs yoo strong. Top players - Diamond, Lawson, Slaven and No.4. Trinity No.8 a standout for Trinity.

noregrets

Chris McKivat (8)
Cranbrook v Barker. Cranbrook win 23/17.. 3 tries to 2. Scrappy game but Cranbrook were dominant and had enough ball to win 2 games. 1st win of year for the Whites. Well done

Well done Cranbrook. I think I called this early in the week. Two strong players in McNiven (12) and Stenmark (4) for Cranbrook.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
WARNING TO ALL.

This is not Facebook nor a democracy.

We are discussing children's sport.
I'm reading the Grassroots forum every day now. I reckon a few people aren't getting it. Let me make it clear.

1. Speak respectfully to each other

Change: "What planet are you on? Player X was shithouse . "
To: "I didn't see it that way, I thought .

2. Speak respectfully about the players

Change: "Lazy fat bugger with no rugby brains"
To: "Needs to come off his wing and get more involved"

Not only are these statement more respectful, they are more accurate. "Lazy bugger" doesn't mean anything specific.

There will be no more warnings. The standard first offence ban around here is 14 days. Expect to see a few shortly.

Rebels rising

Stan Wickham (3)
Was at the Trinity-aloys game today, great performance by at aloys, put an uncharacteristicly lackadaisical Trinity team away and didn't let them back. Just another thought not to do with the footy, the behavior of both the aloys schoolboys and their old boys was atrocious. I think it's highly inappropriate for grown men (some of which looked about 20 years out of school) to be harassing schoolboy players who have done nothing to provoke them. Anyway just a though. My standouts were
Aloys: diamond, slaven, Lawson
Trinity: Mclennnen (apart from the 10 minutes in the bin), fillipo and molla had a strong game in my opinion

S

sidelineview

You Waverly Dad's need to get a life !!!
Not often does the losing team complement the ref!

No, not often but when the penalty count is 15-5 against you, you lose by 1 point and some of the ref's decisions cant be explained the complaints are understandable. But it happens; sometimes you might win a game through crook refereeing decisions.
I already stated it wasn't an excuse, just a fact, and in reference to the inference the team was ''óut of form'' and hiding behind excuses.

ABOYS2012

Bob McCowan (2)
Just another thought not to do with the footy, the behavior of both the aloys schoolboys and their old boys was atrocious. I think it's highly inappropriate for grown men (some of which looked about 20 years out of school) to be harassing schoolboy players who have done nothing to provoke them. Anyway just a though.

As opposed to the Trinity parents hurling abuse from the grandstand...

S

sidelineview

awesome ! I knew they were good enough. I am on record of saying there are 2 excellent kids in waverley team . Future rep players ( with right guidance).And no doubt everyone else .stepped up, as knox also have some excellent players.

None better than Cameron that I saw / gathered featured in the state championships

Well done . Waves . Oh well I can live with the nasty labels.

Sure you knew they could do it Sonny .... you didn't doubt it for a minute lol.

Well at least you know how to inspire a lively debate SonnyDill ...... I'll give you that.

Rebels rising

Stan Wickham (3)
As opposed to the Trinity parents hurling abuse from the grandstand.

I agree with you, the Trinity parents were shouting out but I thought they were shouting out in response to refereeing calls. No doubt that is inappropriate too but it is at least related to the game, it seemed like many of the old boys were at the game just to abuse Trinity players

harry247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ye
awesome ! I knew they were good enough. I am on record of saying there are 2 excellent kids in waverley team . Future rep players ( with right guidance).And no doubt everyone else .stepped up, as knox also have some excellent players.

None better than Cameron that I saw / gathered featured in the state championships

Well done . Waves . Oh well I can live with the nasty labels.

Yep they really played well as a team today

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The CAS site is down but I don't recall that it gave the standings anyway.

Anybody know the points table after six rounds? Or how many games you know a team or teams have won so we can work it out?

Knox 6
Cranbrook 1

Others?

Status
Not open for further replies.