• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Halftime GPS lead 26 nil. Nathan Gittoes GPS 6 has a double..GPS back line just to slick and dominant at the tackle.Strang GPS 9 and capt, leading his back line well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tahmen

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wow.... What to say?

I thought the CAS forwards had a much better crack than the backline who seemed to get run over at every opportunity. There will definitely need to be changes made before ISA, have we worked out a possible replacement for #10 who seemed out of his depth tonight? GPS heavily outclassed CAS who will have to pick themselves up and dust themselves off for ISA.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
To be fair to CAS, they came up against what looks like an incredible GPS team. The forwards were huge, good work rate, powerful, and the way they recycled and retained possession for multiple phases was a real credit to the piggies. The backs just played the game at a pace that CAS couldn't go with. I thought the skill displayed by the GPS back line with the ball so greasy was worth the trip to Wahroonga alone. Their challenge will be to back it up with another strong game on Friday against CHS.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
It was a sad outcome for the CAS boys - I thought neither of the wingers saw much action at all as the CAS backs were simply outclassed. I thought the forwards had a good crack from CAS but the major problem was with the 9-10 combination.

The 10 should be dropped with the 9 replaced by the winger Slaven who would be much more effective if he were given more involvement. Some of the decisions by the 10 were sub standard and shouldnt go without a reshuffle

You were right the CAS 12 Lawson held his own - I thought the gps players were outstanding - including both wingers, 10 and 9 who has a big future ahead. In the forwards 5,6 and 7 all had big games

sammyburgess

Stan Wickham (3)
It was a sad outcome for the CAS boys - I thought neither of the wingers saw much action at all as the CAS backs were simply outclassed. I thought the forwards had a good crack from CAS but the major problem was with the 9-10 combination.

Jordan would be a worthy replacement at 10. He has continued to prove himself throughout the season. Did he get any game time at 10?

sammyburgess

Stan Wickham (3)
I was actually surprised to see that Thompson was re-picked at 10... Not that he had a terrible game v CHS but I thought that the warning signs were there. He does punch well above his weight but that might be the problem... He seems a little physically inept at this level.

I do try not to pick on any one individual but it is just my opinion on the selections.

Lineup14

Stan Wickham (3)
Jordan would be a worthy replacement at 10. He has continued to prove himself throughout the season. Did he get any game time at 10?

Jordan did get game time but unfortunately on the wing replacing Diamond. Do not know the reasoning behind this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.