• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Predictions for this weekends fixtures?

Trinity Vs Knox:

Trinity will be up for the contest, especially after their first half showing last week. If they can manage their discipline this week, they have a chance for an upset. Expect Knox to keep it tight, play to their forward pack strength and wait for penalties for field position to rumble in some tries. Expect Knox to start slow like last week then build into their powerful style of rugby.

Knox by 22

Aloysius Vs Barker:

Aloysius will be happy with their first half efforts last week, but Barker will come home hard. While the game is taking place at Aloysius, I expect Barker to really put a stamp on their chances with a strong showing against a young Aloysius team.

Barker by 30

Waverley Vs Cranbrook

I don't think anyone thinks the outcome is in doubt, it's just a matter of by how much. Waverley by 40+

Lisa H

Frank Row (1)
Big game for Cranbrook this weekend. Heard brook's prop Tex Ho is out due to injury with Jack Barta as the replacement. Expecting big things from Barta, heard he is an excellent ball runner. Might give Waverley a bit of trouble on the weekend.

First phase

Allen Oxlade (6)
Excellent I will have 12k on CAS 4/6 and 5k on ISA at 3-1 . Outlay 17k return 20k either result , please let me know where to collect the3 k profit or better still give it to charity. Suggest u give up the odds making.

I would love to see the draw!

Up_the_guts

Frank Row (1)
I think that the biggest game this round is definitely Aloys v.s Barker. Whilst Barker are obvious favourites, Aloy's first half effort against Waverley will mean they go in confident they can cause an upset. The game will come down to 2 main areas: Whether the aloys forwards can match the physicality of the barker forwards, and who dominates the breakdown area. The two captains going head to head will be a great match up, both being the standout forward in their respective teams.

S

sidelineview

Excellent I will have 12k on CAS 4/6 and 5k on ISA at 3-1 . Outlay 17k return 20k either result , please let me know where to collect the3 k profit or better still give it to charity. Suggest u give up the odds making.

The copy cat poster.
Sorry, you cant back both teams.
Its in the fine print.

All bets on ISA gladly accepted.

Show and go

Sydney Middleton (9)

For the record both tickets get paid as no draw offered .
Correct weight pay the punter.

S

sidelineview

For the record both tickets get paid as no draw offered .
Correct weight pay the punter.

You're clutching at straws with that one up champ, and it only took you 2 days to think of that ordinary come back.
and you needed help .....

Anyway, seriously, what ISA Rep players from last year are still at school this year?

S

sidelineview

How did he go? Was he a prop or hooker?

Very good. He played 3 for Combined States and 1 for the Australian Barbarians.
The CAS props will match him.
Abra and Wright should be an interesting match up.

CAS have the following players returning from last year:

CAS 1sts: Frost and Woodcock from Knox
CAS 2nds: Dawson (K), Stead (T), Hollingworth-Dessent (T), Wright (W), Donaldson (W).

B

Backline_Move

I reckon Alos will beat Barker this weekend.

I always remember the Knox Alos game from 2015- they have a true underdog spirit even against the powerhouses!

Run unders son

Bob McCowan (2)
Looking forward to watching Wav Col take on Cranners this weekend, should be an interesting game, no doubt Waverly will put on a show and come out firing, however, I won't be surprised to see Cranbrook rip in against the powerhouse Wav Col side, they put on a great performance in the first half against Knox, if they can sustain that defensive intensity for the duration of Saturdays game it may be a lot closer than people will expect.

Players to watch:

Waverly:
Moretti - offload game will trouble Cranbrook
Wright - size, and power will trouble Cranbrook defense

Cranbrook:
Stenmark - kicking game could taunt back 3
Crammond - absolute workhorse at the breakdown
Tilley - plays with spirit, could lift the Cranbrook boys
White - player that's improving every game, ball skill and defence could provide spark to the depleted Cranbrook side.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
My mail is Waverley v brook is uncontested scrums in 1sts

While no doubt many will find this less than ideal .. I think correct descision... and hats off to all involved ... as no one wants to see a serious injury

And hopefully depowering of scrum will help brook be competitive and make it a bit of a contest

If score blows out hope Waverley starts dropping players ... say 13 plays 15
As seriously this could be a cricket score

And go back to point 1 no one wants to see a serious injury

As for me think I will head to hunters hill, despite the urge to see hardaker back carving up

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
If Waverley Brook is uncontested then that is a good move. Injury and blowout scores is not something anyone wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
Hi WLF
I gather the 14a's game today was a bit of a mis-match. Cranbrook had only 6 A's players playing I'm lead to believe. Not really helpful to anyone in that situation. I might have chosen a good one to miss, Although I did look forward to chin wagging about the state carnival. Well done today regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.