• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Jay Harris playing 2s at Knox and getting game time in 1sts in the 2nd row is eligible as well.
It looks like there is a resurgence in Knox rugby at the moment.
The 1sts and 16as are favs to beat the Waves, should both be good games.

Not sure how the lower age age groups will pan out, your thoughts?

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ah, WLF, back to your old tricks. I wouldn’t say Knox are favourites in the 1sts. I have it as too close to call - the bounce of the ball, a kick here or there, maybe a bit of discipline at a crucial moment.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)

I hear / read that the waves 13s are a special group. Did many of the them play state champs on the weekend? Or are they school rugby, club league kids? Either way their results have been phenomenal.

ap1

Allen Oxlade (6)
I hear / read that the waves 13s are a special group. Did many of the them play state champs on the weekend? Or are they school rugby, club league kids? Either way their results have been phenomenal.
BBR,

Was at Dubbo on the weekend...most of the boys in our team had the "pleasure" of being destroyed by Waves 13A and they didn't mention seeing many / any of them. Randwick finished 10th, so suspect that confirms what I heard via the boys. Did hear some talk that a few played for Sth Districts clubs, but they finished equal 13th, so doubt that was true.

As a side note, Warringah won the comp (as they did last year). They are an amazing team to watch. I actually think that they are close to the smallest team in the comp, but they have unbelievable structure and fitness and their basic skills are exceptional. If anyone wanted to see an example of how smaller kids can match up competitively against the larger boys, then these guys show that it can be done.

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)

Knox have moved former 1st XV coach Tai Glassie to the U13s to build from the bottom so a very positive move. This U16 group i believe got belted when in the u13s but have grown together, not sure if they play club or not.
Overall coaching and program still needs tonnes of work but numbers are up and there is heaps of natural talent and i think they won most A games against New except 15A. Last years 16A lost to Waves at Death Valley after the siren from a sideline conversion after the outstanding tight head got yellow carded (correct decision) and 4-5 of them are in 1sts forward pack, including whole front row.

bring back rucking

Fred Wood (13)
Yeah I watched the rats, exceptional. Wasn’t sure whether some of the waves boys were in the wicks, but like you said the results didn’t indicate that

Homer

Ted Fahey (11)
BBR,

Was at Dubbo on the weekend...most of the boys in our team had the "pleasure" of being destroyed by Waves 13A and they didn't mention seeing many / any of them. Randwick finished 10th, so suspect that confirms what I heard via the boys. Did hear some talk that a few played for Sth Districts clubs, but they finished equal 13th, so doubt that was true.

As a side note, Warringah won the comp (as they did last year). They are an amazing team to watch. I actually think that they are close to the smallest team in the comp, but they have unbelievable structure and fitness and their basic skills are exceptional. If anyone wanted to see an example of how smaller kids can match up competitively against the larger boys, then these guys show that it can be done.
I believe that Warringah team is coached by Luke Holmes.

SkyBlue

Banned
VERY exciting news for CAS rugby. Isaiya Katoa (Barker's 10) has been named in the Tongan Rugby League Test Squad to play against New Zealand in a few weeks time. Not the Schoolboys team, the men's team.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Knox have moved former 1st XV coach Tai Glassie to the U13s to build from the bottom so a very positive move. This U16 group i believe got belted when in the u13s but have grown together, not sure if they play club or not.
Overall coaching and program still needs tonnes of work but numbers are up and there is heaps of natural talent and i think they won most A games against New except 15A. Last years 16A lost to Waves at Death Valley after the siren from a sideline conversion after the outstanding tight head got yellow carded (correct decision) and 4-5 of them are in 1sts forward pack, including whole front row.
Yes, Newington as 13A side beat them about 43-0 in 2019. Knox had only thee teams in that age group, now they have four. As 16As Knox beat Newington 7-6, this year, clearly puberty and more depth and benefited Knox. Whereas, Newington now in the 16s, have only three teams, a 50% dropout rate as opposed to 7 in the 13s. One school is going in the right direction, the other in the wrong direction.

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
VERY exciting news for CAS rugby. Isaiya Katoa (Barker's 10) has been named in the Tongan Rugby League Test Squad to play against New Zealand in a few weeks time. Not the Schoolboys team, the men's team.

That may be exciting news for the boy in question but I don’t see it as good news for CAS rugby. It would be more interesting if Aus rugby was finding ways of enticing talented kids like that to stay in the 15 man game, although I guess he was always a league prospect taking an opportunity to spend a couple of years in a fantastic school and further rounding out his overall game.

SkyBlue

Banned
That may be exciting news for the boy in question but I don’t see it as good news for CAS rugby. It would be more interesting if Aus rugby was finding ways of enticing talented kids like that to stay in the 15 man game, although I guess he was always a league prospect taking an opportunity to spend a couple of years in a fantastic school and further rounding out his overall game.
Representation is always exciting.

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Does this mean he will be absent for his schools game against Cranbrook this coming weekend?

SkyBlue

Banned
Does this mean he will be absent for his schools game against Cranbrook this coming weekend?
If I hear anything, I'll post it to the forum, but I'm not sure at the moment. Barker really doesn't need any more absences. They've been heavily affected by injuries all season.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Ah, WLF, back to your old tricks. I wouldn’t say Knox are favourites in the 1sts. I have it as too close to call - the bounce of the ball, a kick here or there, maybe a bit of discipline at a crucial moment.
Not true Mr Snort, this time your judicial prowess is misguided. I do believe Knox are favs as they are playing at home and also beat Newington by slightly more than the Waves, and they beat View. Thus my viewpoint. More than happy to be proven wrong.;)

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)

That is great to hear Homer, all for growth and thus stronger teams!

BTW, This year the Waves 13s has 6 teams which is more than normal, so hopefully more schools also see a growth in numbers.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)

BBR, Yes they are very strong, have watched them a few times against strong GPS schools, and the scores have been massive.
However, as we all know, things and boys and training changes as they age, we have seen all this before, so let's wait and see.