• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
21st of May Fixtures:

Barker vs Stannies
Knox vs Joeys
Cranbrook vs Riverview
Waverley vs Newington
Trinity vs St Gregs
Aloys vs St Pius

Predictions?
Barker (w) vs Stannies
I think Barker will be way too strong for Stannies after a comfortable win against Joeys.

Knox vs Joeys (w)
Joeys will be looking to bounce back with a few players returning back to the starting 15 from absence. Should be a close one.

Cranbrook (W) vs Riverview
Cranbrook should be a very up for it after a very disappointing loss whilst missing a few as well . A win here would be crucial to build momentum coming into the CAS rounds.

Waverley vs Newington (W)
Despite a controlling win against a depleted and illness ridden Shore team. I believe Newington will be too strong for the College of Knowledge.

Trinity (W) Vs St Greg's
Despite trinity struggling this year they should have more then enough to get it done after only losing by 3 points to St pats I predict an easy win for the green machine.

Aloys vs St Pius (W)
Pius should comfortably beat this Aloys team I would imagine by 2 or 3 tries.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
On form....

Barker over Stannnies. Riverview over Cranbrook. Trinity over St Gregorys. St Pius over St Aloysius. Waverley over Newington. And I think St Josephs over Knox, but that one looks tight.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Newington got beat 31-5 by scots round 1, they're certainly up there but other schools like Riverview, St Augustines and Scots would most likely be up there above Newington, but Oakhill and Joeys yes are most likely the strongest in 14's with many other schools close behind. I believe Oakhill may lack depth compared to other top schools as Oakhill B's lost to Barker A's (14-24) who were beaten by Scots B's by 2-3 tries, Oakhill A's are very strong and are highlighted by quick wings, 2 gun big centres and quite a good halfback. Their backs are a lot better than their forwards IMO.
Hello Propsarespeedy
Although well beaten, by Scots, there is the second round to be played. In my experience Newington tend to do better against Scots in this second round. In fact, I have seen huge score delivered by Scots team in Round 1 against Newington A teams, only for them to be reversed by Newington. Also, I believe Newington beat St. Augustines 14As quite well, so sounds like Newington 14As, are a work in progress.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Hello Propsarespeedy
Although well beaten, by Scots, there is the second round to be played. In my experience Newington tend to do better against Scots in this second round. In fact, I have seen huge score delivered by Scots team in Round 1 against Newington A teams, only for them to be reversed by Newington. Also, I believe Newington beat St. Augustines 14As quite well, so sounds like Newington 14As, are a work in progress.
Yes especially in 14s what can change in a season is incredible. I agree the second round game will be much closer and I'm most likely gonna try and watch. That 14s age group is genuinely very strong across Isa, Gps and Cas

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker over Stannies
Knox will have to be very good to beat Joeys at Hunters Hill. Joeys rarely lose 2 games in a row so I back Joeys there although I hope the lads in white prove me wrong.
Riverview over brook.
Newington over waves although it will be close. the 8 NSW U18 league players in the Newington side gives them my vote.
Trinity
Pius over Aloys.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
Barker over Stannies
Knox will have to be very good to beat Joeys at Hunters Hill. Joeys rarely lose 2 games in a row so I back Joeys there although I hope the lads in white prove me wrong.
Riverview over brook.
Newington over waves although it will be close. the 8 NSW U18 league players in the Newington side gives them my vote.
Trinity
Pius over Aloys.
Knox is a chance. Joeys still having issues with illness. The flu is running rampant through the boarding houses.

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
Knox is a chance. Joeys still having issues with illness. The flu is running rampant through the boarding houses.
For some reason there is a game that is missing from the guides.
Oakhill is also playing this weekend V Shore at Northbridge.

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
For some reason there is a game that is missing from the guides.
Oakhill is also playing this weekend V Shore at Northbridge.
Not on my tipping chart there is.....

dd.jpg

RapidMoody

Frank Row (1)
Just saw on the NSW Rugby page Riverview is playing Barker on 28 may Saturday night at 5:30 at Leichhardt Oval anybody have any thoughts or predictions. Should have a better idea after the Cranbrook vs Riverview game

SkyBlue

Banned
Just saw on the NSW Rugby page Riverview is playing Barker on 28 may Saturday night at 5:30 at Leichhardt Oval anybody have any thoughts or predictions. Should have a better idea after the Cranbrook vs Riverview game

Should be a convincing Barker win. Although have just heard that Isaiya Katoa will be out for a few weeks due to injury. Barker's injury troubles continue, although have still looked very dominant despite this.

Union on Top

Peter Burge (5)
Should be a convincing Barker win. Although have just heard that Isaiya Katoa will be out for a few weeks due to injury. Barker's injury troubles continue, although have still looked very dominant despite this.
Barker has looked quite strong so far, despite a tough game against Scots and I expect them to be front runners for the CAS title. However, Katoa is the most important player on that team and it'll be interesting to see how they operate without him, as he is always a threat in the kicking and running game and when he's on the field he is always in control. I think they'll still have a comfortable win over Stannies without Katoa, but I think the game against Riverview will be closer than we think. Although they look seem to be a pretty weak side compared to the rest of the GPS, they will give Barker a tough game, especially without the significant impact that Katoa provides, the kid is a prodigy and the best player in the CAS. I still think Barker will get up over Riverview, but don't be shocked if there is an upset in this fixture. Riverview go up against Brook this week which I expect to be a walk in the park especially after the performance against Pats and with star player Nosa Obaseki (2) being sidelined this week

Union on Top

Peter Burge (5)
Cranbrooks 1st XV lineup set to face Riverview 1’s and 3:15 @ Lane Cove:
1) Joe Rouse
2) Jamie Finkelstein
3) Rick Honda
4) Angus Hayman
5) Tom Girle
6) Ollie Welsh
7) Jordan Baggs
8) Noah Jackson
9) Hugo Walsh