• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
Bugger. For you to say "good guess" acknowledges that it was better than a guess....
This is a guess, Matt Bourke...?

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Cr
Any results from the U16's?
Cranbrook and Trinity 16as had a somewhat controversial end with the Trinity ten stepping up for a penalty kick about 25 out for the win. Sadly it hooked left and the Brook 14 runs it dead only for the young referee to call a penalty from the 5 out for the running the ball dead. Trinity 10 then stepped up and slotted the game winner. Trinity boy number 4 had all three on the day there was some talks of this being his first year playing cracking player. Cranbrook 8,15 and 13 had good games. Final score 20-19 to The Trinity College.

Last edited:

Props are People too

Chris McKivat (8)
Any results from the U16's?

The only one I know was that Knox beat Aloys by around 50-0. Credit to Aloys who kept going the whole game and were good spirited.

They seem to have a good rugby programme for a smaller, academically focused school, but it can’t be fun getting smoked by the bigger schools each week. They should be in a comp with Grammar and High etc.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Cr

Cranbrook and Trinity 16as had a somewhat controversial end with the Trinity ten stepping up for a penalty kick about 25 out for the win. Sadly it hooked left and the Brook 14 runs it dead only for the young referee to call a penalty from the 5 out for the running the ball dead. Trinity 10 then stepped up and slotted the game winner. Trinity boy number 5 had all three on the day there was some talks of this being his first year playing cracking player. Cranbrook 8,15 and 13 had good games. Final score 20-19 to The Trinity College.
Unfortunately you are allowed to run it or kick it dead - you're just not allowed to pass or knock it dead.

Last edited:

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Does anyone know when the last time Cranbrook seconds won the CAS Seconds title as i believe they are one win away from a premiership and an undefeated season.

Greg Carpenter

Frank Row (1)
Good Afternoon all, I have it on good authority that the number 18 for St. Aloysius was the lightest player (I believe he is 59kg) to appear in a CAS firsts fixture. Well done, a big achievement for a year 7 to appear in 1st’s competition against a strong Knox side. It seems as if he is a crowd favourite as he received a great roar of approval from the Blue and Gold faithful.

Delbert Jenkins

Frank Row (1)
Good Afternoon all, I have it on good authority that the number 18 for St. Aloysius was the lightest player (I believe he is 59kg) to appear in a CAS firsts fixture. Well done, a big achievement for a year 7 to appear in 1st’s competition against a strong Knox side. It seems as if he is a crowd favourite as he received a great roar of approval from the Blue and Gold faithful.
G'day Mr Carpenter,
Was a good game to watch. An unfortunate result, but very much character-building for the men in gold. I believe the number 18 had a stellar game against Barker in 2s the week prior, was shown the clip of him diving over a Barker winger to place the ball down next to the corner post. I'm looking forward to watching him progress through the years and develop as a player and a man.

Kudos,
Jenkins out.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's history there. No one who played in the 16As Trinity/Cranbrook game in 1978 will forget it. Trinity won 6 (two penalties) to 4 (a try). The penalty count was 33-4 to Trinity. The referee was... the son of the Trinity coach.

Couldn't happen today. Probably.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm trying to work out whether this post is in jest or an actual Year 7 boy took the field in a 1st XV Rugby game. Can you clarify Greg? An actual Year 7 child?

Straight from the mouth of a player. So yes. Can confirm.

Forgive me for assuming that a crowd who stormed the field, swarming literal schoolboys, holding (and one person throwing) bottles of beer were intoxicated. If they were sober, that doesn’t help your case. Makes your mob look even worse.
imagine being a grown man spending your Saturday afternoon at a kids football match and being that "into it" that you feel the need to throw bottles at kids who are playing a game of Rugby that in the over all scheme of things means absolutely nothing..... imagine being that sad that you actually do that.... Waverley people are always the worst, it's what happens when your school fees are that cheap that anybody can afford them.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm trying to work out whether this post is in jest or an actual Year 7 boy took the field in a 1st XV Rugby game. Can you clarify Greg? An actual Year 7 child?
I'm sure it's a joke.

However (reaches for the history book) the Trinity Plume Shield-winning 1st XV captain of 1935 was Horrie Marks, a half back who was playing in his fifth year of 1st XV football, at a time when there were only five years of secondary school, so he played 1st XV in what would now be Year 7. He went on to play in Gordon's first First Grade team.

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm sure it's a joke.

However (reaches for the history book) the Trinity Plume Shield-winning 1st XV captain of 1935 was Horrie Marks, a half back who was playing in his fifth year of 1st XV football, at a time when there were only five years of secondary school, so he played 1st XV in what would now be Year 7. He went on to play in Gordon's first First Grade team.
I hope it's a joke!!! :)

Nice little snippet about Horrie Marks there Snort - a scholar you must be :)