• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

CAS Fanatic

Peter Burge (5)
In exciting news Cranbrooks Hordern oval is being unveiled this Saturday, after 3 years out of action, coming up against Aloys. A large crowed expected as Cranbrook will likely topple the blue and gold with the brook 2s one win away from an undefeated season. So for those not going to the Knox vs Barker game, get down to Hordern for a historic day!!

Reactions: AOB

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
Good Evening Mr. Walsh,

I'm sure as you very well understand everyone makes mistakes, I was just writing what I was under the impression of on the day that he was a year 7 (however it seems I was misled) and have since clarified. However I am afraid 60kg is only 1kg heavier than the 59kg that I stated earlier (just some food for thought) and I never said anything about his height. This is a forum for CAS rugby and not for the critique of freelance journalism so I would prefer we focus on rugby and the the exciting last round of fixtures. :)

Greg.
Good morning Greg,
Well, 60-59=1, but 60ish-59 does not.
However, you are right about the purpose of this forum, so to the final round.
Home sides too strong this weekend.
Barker by 8
Cranbrook by 20
Waverley by 20

Props are People too

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can’t wait for Barker v Knox. Great to get a real decider on the last day and given the week of hype at both schools there should be a massive crowd at the Barker main oval. Lots of (mostly) good natured banter across all age groups; the boys know each other well. If Knox play to their potential and close down Katoa they should win, class rep players all through the squad. Knox by 7.

Ok, hypothetically,
If I was to bring an Esky full of cold ones to the Knox vs Barker game this weekend, would i or would i not get in trouble with the law? But if you think about it it is very low risk, and a very high reward.

Delbert Jenkins

Frank Row (1)
Anyone brave enough for a score prediction for the big rivalry?
G'day Footy Central,

Across the grounds:

Barker vs Knox (@Barker)
A very close one, very equally matched teams. Having watched Barker 2 rounds ago on the bog that was Barker 1, I'd have to say that Barker lacked the mongrel that Knox has in spades. I'd have to say that the Presbyterians will take the cake on the day, not by a lot, but will have a try or two on them.

Waverley vs Trinity (Not too sure where)
This game won't be as close, but Trinity will sure put in their heart and soul into this game for their leavers. But I think the might of the Waverley XV will be too much for the trinitarians. Again, won't be a blowout, but will be close enough for both teams to leave the ground with their heads up high. I'd say Waverley by 2 tries.

St Aloysius Vs Cranbrook
The Battle of the harbour, St Aloysius have had a tradition (not the last game) of toppling the barons of bellevue hill. I hear that the cranbrucians have quite the forward pack and front row. I'd say too close to call. My heart says Aloysius, maybe by a try. Very close either way, can't see this as being a blowout. Who knows.

AOB

Frank Row (1)
G'day Footy Central,

Across the grounds:

Barker vs Knox (@Barker)
A very close one, very equally matched teams. Having watched Barker 2 rounds ago on the bog that was Barker 1, I'd have to say that Barker lacked the mongrel that Knox has in spades. I'd have to say that the Presbyterians will take the cake on the day, not by a lot, but will have a try or two on them.

Waverley vs Trinity (Not too sure where)
This game won't be as close, but Trinity will sure put in their heart and soul into this game for their leavers. But I think the might of the Waverley XV will be too much for the trinitarians. Again, won't be a blowout, but will be close enough for both teams to leave the ground with their heads up high. I'd say Waverley by 2 tries.

St Aloysius Vs Cranbrook
The Battle of the harbour, St Aloysius have had a tradition (not the last game) of toppling the barons of bellevue hill. I hear that the cranbrucians have quite the forward pack and front row. I'd say too close to call. My heart says Aloysius, maybe by a try. Very close either way, can't see this as being a blowout. Who knows.
The Cranbrook pack looked good against Trinity, when they switched on. Couple of quiet achievers in there. I think they’ll monster Aloys.

Ok, hypothetically,
If I was to bring an Esky full of cold ones to the Knox vs Barker game this weekend, would i or would i not get in trouble with the law? But if you think about it it is very low risk, and a very high reward.
Hi Chicken n Rice,
Im bringing a case seemingly because I am above the law!
If you, I and a few others bring one, I doubt they can stop us all.
Time to remind the missus why she left me.
Cheers
FBC

Delbert Jenkins

Frank Row (1)
The Cranbrook pack looked good against Trinity, when they switched on. Couple of quiet achievers in there. I think they’ll monster Aloys.
AOB
Should be a good game regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing the new Horden. Know a few of the steelies who've been on the construction with 7steel. Looking forward to seeing how it's all turned out. Hopefully a fitting game for the new ground.

SkyBlue

Banned
Just heard that Billy Pollard (Barker 2017-19) has been called into the wallabies squad against Argentina. Can anyone confirm?

wiggy smalls

Frank Row (1)
as the storm brews. more and more questions come to the peoples minds. Will Knox come out victorious? Will Barker stand their ground on their home field? We all know the bad blood between young Barker prospect Matthew Hanley and Knox's certified trotsman Ned Ericsson. But the biggest question of all is who has the loosest game out of these two? Matthew Hanley or "cheds" as known by many was a quiet achiever in his young adolescence. But as of recent times, cheds has been putting stats on the board left right and centre. he isn't scared to chuck a line in. "hook, line and sinker" is the motto for this young man. But does cheds recent times make up for his previous endeavours before he joined the Wolfpack? As we all know Ned Ericsson or "extension" as referred to by close family and friends, has been consistently charging since a young age. Extensions height advantage helps him get a birds eye view on the bundalengers. Although Extension is a fine 6"5 South African king, sometimes when he throws spaghetti at the wall it doesn't stick. Extension is currently in the dog house but he still perseveres. Extension is a true pioneer of his time. So in this Battle of the upper north shore, who has the loosest game?

I am Keen to Hear all Your opinions on this matter.

#Knox vs barker 22
#What's cas backwards?

Yours Truly,
Wiggy.

wiggy smalls

Frank Row (1)
Hi wiggy,
I’ve heard the term Wolfpack before,
Could you please enlighten me further on it? My current knowledge stands that the Wolfpack is a group of barker hooligans who get up to no good in their spare time. Is Matthew hanley an associate of these no- good jouveniles? I would better hope not as his footballing abilities could lead him to a very successful future playing 2nds colts for the Manly Marlins, but if he keeps up the ‘gangsta’ act, he may end up on the wrong side of the law.
Oh no no no MidStrength you have it all wrong. Wolfpack is a group of boys who bonded together in scone to become men. they're are the most fierce and feared people at barker college. A group who's main focus is to do better for the community and care for the environment. Also Matthew Hanley is devoted to the hillbillies down at rat park and will be undergoing trainings with the rats 3rd colts with great players such as Ryan "Furbo Ninja" Hanley and Seven "Foot sets" Hazar. please check yourself before you reck yourself Midstrength.

writing with love
Wiggy.

furbo

Frank Row (1)
Oh no no no MidStrength you have it all wrong. Wolfpack is a group of boys who bonded together in scone to become men. they're are the most fierce and feared people at barker college. A group who's main focus is to do better for the community and care for the environment. Also Matthew Hanley is devoted to the hillbillies down at rat park and will be undergoing trainings with the rats 3rd colts with great players such as Ryan "Furbo Ninja" Hanley and Seven "Foot sets" Hazar. please check yourself before you reck yourself Midstrength.

writing with love
Wiggy.
Do you know if this Ryan "Furbo ninja" Hanley will be making a hollywood apperance on saturday, Heard he is bringing the cast from home and away ??

furbo

Frank Row (1)
Ryan "Furbo ninja" Hanley,
The story of the boy from avalon that never quite made it in the big city due to countless injurys.
Some said he was the next joey johns, some said quade cooper but in his words he was "I am Glock"
I am quite shocked no one has mentioned his name on this forum before as we all know that Matt hanley is living in ryans shadow.
This weekend barker take the field in honour of Ryan as we all know ryans never die attitude will be out with his youngest brother mathew.

cheds never
knox 13+ forever

First time poster here,
Doing drop offs pregame at the bluegum
The knight has been called for duty, adios
1659654027080.png

THE SHRINE OF THE BLUE GUM!!!!!!!!!