• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2022

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Congrats to Knox. Huge game. They came oh so close
Wow Rod, Sounds like a terrific game. I did think Barker would win by more, and towards the end it looked like Knox would get over the line. I expect the crowd was huge.
Congratulations to Barker the 2022 Henry Plume Champs.

Last edited:

Greg Carpenter

Frank Row (1)
Cranbrook win 38-13. Great game.
I concur AOB,

It was excellent rugby indeed, disappointing result for Aloys. The new facilities for the most part are spectacular but the field seemed a bit half baked, the grass looked to be dead and seemed to turn many people’s shoe soles green (this is something that will undoubtedly be fixed for next season). But an excellent spectacle none the less, a big shout out to Cranbrook No.2 who was goal kicking and did an excellent job. Always a fan of front rowers kicking!

Greg.

Flavio

Ward Prentice (10)
PXL_20220806_051133878.PANO.jpg

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
As the one and only game of school rugby I watched this year, Knox v Barker, what a cracker. I will say as an old Knox boy and an ex Knox dad, I think Barker were the better team and deserved to win. Their forward play around the edges was exceptional. Barker 13 deserved the red card as it was his 2nd shoulder charge. The Barker 1 and 10 I thought were their best. The Knox 12 & 13 were very good, the 15 had his moments. Congrats to Barker, and if that's schoolboy rugby, the crowds will remain big.

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
Waverley are tough opponents at home, especially going into the game as favourites, but sounds like a good performance by Trinity.

Cranbrook accounted for Aloys, which was predicted. But a great game according to AOB...
Well done to Brook 2's for winning the comp. Here's hope for a better year for the 1's in '23.

So Barker take the Shield with a 3 point margin. Much closer than I thought, mainly due to the catch up win by Barker (as based on score updates). Well done Knox for such a great away performance.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
As the one and only game of school rugby I watched this year, Knox v Barker, what a cracker. I will say as an old Knox boy and an ex Knox dad, I think Barker were the better team and deserved to win. Their forward play around the edges was exceptional. Barker 13 deserved the red card as it was his 2nd shoulder charge. The Barker 1 and 10 I thought were their best. The Knox 12 & 13 were very good, the 15 had his moments. Congrats to Barker, and if that's schoolboy rugby, the crowds will remain big.
Agree with Axe. The red card was justified. Knox lost their 10 for a take out of a player off the ball. Close to red but a yellow.But otherwise this game was a close as they get. Barker were stronger in the forwards and Knox were superior in the backs. Had to be 3000 to 4000. It was a fitting finale to a great season for both teams.

Props are People too

Chris McKivat (8)

Agree the Barker 1 had a fantastic game. He was everywhere. The Barker 10 Katoa’s kicking game was a big factor as well. He was incredibly composed at 10. For Knox the 12 McLeod had his best game of the year I think - making metres for fun.

Great crowd and atmosphere, but I must say I didn’t love the Barker crowd booking the goal kicks so aggressively.

Tough for the Knox Yr 12s but for the rest there is always next year.

WLF3

Darby Loudon (17)
Agree the Barker 1 had a fantastic game. He was everywhere. The Barker 10 Katoa’s kicking game was a big factor as well. He was incredibly composed at 10. For Knox the 12 McLeod had his best game of the year I think - making metres for fun.

Great crowd and atmosphere, but I must say I didn’t love the Barker crowd booking the goal kicks so aggressively.

Tough for the Knox Yr 12s but for the rest there is always next year.
Hey Skyblue, imagine that, the Barker crowd booing the goals kicks so aggressively!

Full credit to Aloys today
They turned up and never stopped trying and their defence was well drilled and had plenty of sting.
Just a bit out muscled and outclassed.
Cranbrook forwards dominant.
A couple of unfortunate injuries to Cranbrook

Albi

Allen Oxlade (6)
Barker lost 14As 29/15. 5 tries to 3. Barkers weaker defense out wide was the difference. Sadly uncontested scrums
Played on Knox 1 which was a great experience for the boys. Barker has some strong players - I’m not a B parent. I have to say though, this CAS age group is far weaker than their GPS counterparts.