• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

DaSchmooze

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Barker trial Oakhill this weekend.
Will Barker put in superior effort ?
Barker are not last years team. Oakhill are a unknown. any insight on this game.
Given Oakhill's performance across the board against Barker at roughly this time last year, I think you could easily say Oakhill will be level pegging - if not warm favourites.

Oakhill won every grade from 2nds to 15C - the only loss was firsts by 9 points.

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Barker trial Oakhill this weekend.
Will Barker put in superior effort ?
Barker are not last years team. Oakhill are a unknown. any insight on this game.
Barker showed lots of strong signs in the last 2 weeks against knox and daramalan and with a few players returning this week they should be up to it but oakhill will be very strong. Should be a tight game and could go eitherway

JackJill

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone know anything about Trinity this season? Judging off their rep players last year they look like a good side on paper, may surprise a few people. Any predicted lineups?

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ones to watch would be Darcy Standfield and Caleb Sincliar who will be leading the 1st around the park.
Interesting to hear about. I too have heard big things about the half pairing of these two.
I also can't wait to see what Ruben Stock has to showcase. After hearing about him being the 2nd best wrestler in South Africa last year would be good to see his jackling abilities.

Ruben STICK

Frank Row (1)
Predicted Waverley first 1st xv
1. Ky Pule
2. Jonas Dowling
3. Lachie Grant
4. James Jones
5. Asha Tereta
6. Tini Tofaeono
7. Ollie Aboud
8. Noah Tofaeono
9. Darcy Standfield
10. Caleb Sinclair Harris
11. Jonti Morshead Fiedel
12. Riley Evans
13. Troy Patea
14. Felix Turnui
15. Kahu Cappa

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
Predicted Waverley first 1st xv
1. Ky Pule
2. Jonas Dowling
3. Lachie Grant
4. James Jones
5. Asha Tereta
6. Tini Tofaeono
7. Ollie Aboud
8. Noah Tofaeono
9. Darcy Standfield
10. Caleb Sinclair Harris
11. Jonti Morshead Fiedel
12. Riley Evans
13. Troy Patea
14. Felix Turnui
15. Kahu Cappa
A little change up would be having Ruben Stock at #8 and then move Noah Tofaeno to 2nd row.
I think having Turinui and Fidel on the wing is a good idea.

I have heard news Waverley is about to bring in a shifty 10 from NZ named Gus Anderson.
He was a gun upcoming junior but unfortunately had a bad leg injury causing him to miss 1 year and a half of footy.
He has had a major resurgence and caught the eyes of many NRL teams such as the Illawarra steelers but has decided to take his talents to the superior sport union.
I am excited about what he could do for that Waverley team and is a smokey for that gen blue spot.

I have heard news Waverley is about to bring in a shifty 10 from NZ named Gus Anderson.
He was a gun upcoming junior but unfortunately had a bad leg injury causing him to miss 1 year and a half of footy.
He has had a major resurgence and caught the eyes of many NRL teams such as the Illawarra steelers but has decided to take his talents to the superior sport union.
I am excited about what he could do for that Waverley team and is a smokey for that gen blue spot.
as a matter of fact i have heard the name. Young Saint Augustines juniour, i've watched him play before.
a very skillful player, great side step and eyes up footy.
Great signing Waverley.

schoolboyfooty

Allen Oxlade (6)
This is fake news there have been no new boys enrolling at Waverley in the year 10. Please do not spread false news on this forum

RedOrDead

Ted Thorn (20)
Any scores from today?

Yes.

I know Pats (who are relatively strong this year with Alex Conti and Mitch Woods head-lining the team) beat Trinity 29-0. Good effort to beat any team to nil.

Barker beat Oakhill 6 tries to 1. Oakhill were of course supposedly strong this year. Poynton bagged a double. Barker apparently looked dominant all game. Not sure if Oakhill were missing anyone as I have no idea about their squad. Perhaps Barker are stronger than we thought?

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Cranbrook Predicted First XV:
1) Joe Rouse (1sts Last year)
2) Jack Rose (16as Last year)
3) Kaleb Ah-Colt (1sts Last year)
4) Tom Girle (1sts Last year)
5) Fred May (2nds Last year)
6) Cameron Mckenzie / Daniel O'Regan (2nds Last year)
7) Jed Smith
8) Noah Jackson (1sts Last year)
9) Oliver Patterson (2nds Last year)
10) Jaxson Allen (1sts Last year)
11) Dylan Roach (1sts Last year)
12) Cooper Rathie (1sts last year) / Nick Swain (2nds Last year)
13) Lance Tovio (1sts Last year)
14) Stefan Ferster (2nds Last year)
15) Dylan Melvey (1sts Last year)