• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2023

pocockenthusiast1973

Allen Oxlade (6)
Final score Knox50-Pats 5

My goodness.

Knox appears to be the most dominant side this CAS season. If anyone has anything else to contribute to this conversation, please do. I am curious to see other opinions on the contending sides of the CAS this year.

Schoolboys, don't use this as a way to talk up your sides.

scrumhead99

Sydney Middleton (9)
My goodness.

Knox appears to be the most dominant side this CAS season. If anyone has anything else to contribute to this conversation, please do. I am curious to see other opinions on the contending sides of the CAS this year.

Schoolboys, don't use this as a way to talk up your sides.
Yes I agree. It will be a battle between Knox and Barker, I believe Knox will edge it. Next week at death valley will really show whether Waverley deserve to be in this debate or not. Regardless Aloys and Trinity is the wooden spoon matchup.

RugbyRant

Frank Row (1)
Hi all,

With selections for representative teams being finalised in the next coming weeks, does anyone have any predicted CAS teams? If anyone else has other thoughts would be keen to hear.

Here is my team based on games I have watched this season (no particular order):

1. McKinnon (Knox), Pule (Waverly)
2. Meagher (Trinity), Stanley (Knox),
3. Goddard (Knox), Ah-Colt (Cranbrook), Hill (Barker)
4. Ericsson (Knox), Niulala (Trinity)
5. Van Wyk (Barker), Poitaha (Waverly, but injured)
6. Girle (Cranbrook), Thomas (Barker)
7. Aboud (Waverly), Mackenzie (Cranbrook), Ryan (Knox)
8. Jackson (Cranbrook), Morrison (Knox)
9. Hatten-Ward (Trinity), Patterson (Cranbrook)
10. Patea (Waverly), Jecks (Knox)
11. Allen (Cranbrook), Roach (Knox), Chandler-Sullivan (Barker)
12. Morshead-Fiedel (Waverly), Wheals (Barker)
13. McDonald (Barker), Enasio (Knox)
14. Allen (Cranbrook), Roach (Knox), Chandler-Sullivan (Barker)
15. Poynton (Barker)

Union on Top

Peter Burge (5)
Hi all,

With selections for representative teams being finalised in the next coming weeks, does anyone have any predicted CAS teams? If anyone else has other thoughts would be keen to hear.

Here is my team based on games I have watched this season (no particular order):

15. Poynton (Barker)
Respectable list mate. No glaring misses, however I have heard Weaver (9) from Barker is quite a solid player. But Ward and Patterson are both very solid

megarugbyman

Frank Nicholson (4)
Final Week of CAS trials did not disappoint! Very excited for round 1 next week.

Cranbrook(A) v Waverley(H)
Aloys(H) v Barker(A)
Knox(A) v Trinity(H)

Halfbackenthusiast

Ted Fahey (11)
Hi all,

15. Poynton (Barker)
Would be interesting to see enasio and McDonald play together in the centres

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Any updates on players returning from injury for Waverley?
All players will be back for next week. Will finally be at full strength. Except for Poitaha who will not be back.

The biggest in is Morshead Fidel. The best back for Waverley returning after an injury on the Japan tour. Handy bringing in a third year 1sts player into the backline.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Only one close match-up next week, I'm afraid. Knox will hammer Trinity and Barker will pulverize St Aloysius. Waverley v Cranbrook will be closer, although I'm expecting Waverley to finish in front.

Jumping_jack

Ward Prentice (10)
Only one close match-up next week, I'm afraid. Knox will hammer Trinity and Barker will pulverize St Aloysius. Waverley v Cranbrook will be closer, although I'm expecting Waverley to finish in front.
With all the comms coming out of Cranbrook, you would expect none of the matches to be close with Cranbrook to run out massive victors on the day.

pocockenthusiast1973

Allen Oxlade (6)

Its a shame there is such a disconnect in skill within the CAS competition.

Waverley and Cranbrook will however be a very close fixture this weekend. If Cranbrook manages a win, they may be strong contenders for a good placing this year. However, with the sudden death nature of the CAS competition with a limited amount of rounds, who knows what might happen.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
All players will be back for next week. Will finally be at full strength. Except for Poitaha who will not be back.

The biggest in is Morshead Fidel. The best back for Waverley returning after an injury on the Japan tour. Handy bringing in a third year 1sts player into the backline.
That’s a big in if that’s the case. He was in the Waverley undefeated 2021 team. Good timing just before CAS too.