• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2024

That is one way to look at it. I view the 2023 CAS season as a very competitive season, whilst there may have been some debatable calls, this is what schoolboy rugby is about! Furthermore, I disagree with your statement about talent, there are some very talented players in the CAS and some may play league in the off-season, but league wasn't prioritised during the winter season.

Get up!!!

runningrugbyrules

Chris McKivat (8)
does anyone have the first and seconds team list for Knox against Joeys this past sat

cheers

Joeys
1. Toby Taggart
2. Charlie Ghattas
3. Chris Quinn
4. Arthur Greer (c)
5. Dooley
6. L Arnautovic
7. Joanes Logan
8. Taumoepeau
09. Darcy Brown
10. Jonty Fowler
11. Ben Sleeman
12. Matt Gough
13. Ethan Tombs
14. Kynan Hart
15. Max Palmisani

Knox
1. Straun
2. Seb Gyngell
3. Lloyd
4. Ethan Howarth
5. Oli Ryan
6. Harry Cluff
7. Tom Haslam
8. Heath Turner
9. Nick Latt
10. Tye Jecks
11. Nath Stewart
12. Reilly Caswell
13. Max Roach
14. Ben Askew
15. Henry Colvin

No 2nds sorry

Mule

Banned
Think Knox might have the edge in the forwards (like they did last year, and Knox been bolstered by a couple of boys repeating u16s), which could be more advantageous in the wet…. Joeys backs were the big difference last year but a lot of personnel changes this year
16As : Knox 7 Joeys 14 - happy with my pre match predictions on the game (Knox edged the forwards with a try to #3, Joeys scored through tries to right winger and fullback). Closest margin in the 4 years this cohort has been playing each other since year 7/2021... excited for the next 2 years and the rest of this year (tipping both to challenge very strongly for their respective Association u16 titles)

Nevergiveup

Stan Wickham (3)

Attachments

• IMG_7393.jpeg
    IMG_7393.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_7392.jpeg
    IMG_7392.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 255

Walshy81

Sydney Middleton (9)
So 6/6 losses for CAS teams and way too early for predictions. BUT!!,... Knox (v Joeys), Barker (v Iggies) & Waves (v Kings) have played quality opposition and the scores were respectable, especially considering the trials nature of the matches. The same cannot be said for Trinity going down to Pats, Brook to Pius (personal disappointment) and Aloys to Grammar (really?). Two paced comp for sure.

Milly Maroje

Peter Burge (5)
So 6/6 losses for CAS teams and way too early for predictions. BUT!!,... Knox (v Joeys), Barker (v Iggies) & Waves (v Kings) have played quality opposition and the scores were respectable, especially considering the trials nature of the matches. The same cannot be said for Trinity going down to Pats, Brook to Pius (personal disappointment) and Aloys to Grammar (really?). Two paced comp for sure.
No need to worry I'm sure Aloys with the help of various additions to the teams in the next few weeks will be more than capable to have the edge over various GPS teams. Especially with Gabe Roberts coming back from a back inury.