• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs vs Waratahs - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deefence

If I was Hickey I would have them still out on the field and flog them into the ground until they are all physically ill and then I would run them some more, the Tahs lacked passion and respect for the game this evening and got exactly what they deserved. The NSWRU should consider refunding all patrons who paid for a ticket tonight as a goodwill gesture as they will not get 50 per cent of them back next week!!!

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
The people who identify talent or pick teams should have a long hard look at themselves. This game was symptomatic of what is wrong with Australian rugby. One, the pathways from school to senior rep rugby; two, the fixation on players with reputations forged at schoolboy level; three, the inability to recognize and stick with hard ruthless men.

M

Muttonbird

Wow. Speechless. On numerous counts.

For all the people who questioned whether Brussow will still have an impact on the game under these breakdown rules I say go smoke your collective socks. He is quite simply brilliant.

That's what people are saying but I question the quality of the opposition.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Why not?

Sometimes you've got to get the message across. These guys are professionals - some of them earning hundreds of thousands of dollars - and if they don't perform (we don't expect them to win all the time) and can't show even basic rugby skills, why can't the fans let them know how disappointed they are with the performance?

The team is not sacred.

Fair points, each to their own. I'm old fashioned, thats why I wouldnt boo my own team. I didnt boo the Saders when the Reds belted them last year though I was disapointed in the way they played.

D

Danix

Fair points, each to their own. I'm old fashioned, thats why I wouldnt boo my own team. I didnt boo the Saders when the Reds belted them last year though I was disapointed in the way they played.

Yeah, but the Crusaders are 7x Super Rugby Champions.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Can somebody please explain to me what went on out there? I'm absolutely stunned by that result.

At the risk of sticking the boot in, results like this are one of the reasons that the Tahs have never won the comp. I cannot for the life of me imagine the Cru, Bulls, Blues or Brumbies in their pomp being rolled like this.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
How many times do the Tahs (and for that matter other Aus teams at times, the Wallabies etc...) need to have their pants pulled down and a rogering applied at the breakdown, until they start to show some consistent application at the breakdown? One off runners, carrying way too high from static starts who get smashed backwards and turned over - it is a recurring nightmare that either players or coaches seem incapable of fixing. Coupled with high risk unsympathetic passes when it is wet and slippery. And yet each time it looks surprising to them when it doesn't work? Frustrating as hell.

Well for what it's worth, bulking up is not the answer.

On a serious note, we should be taking notice of the Force's breakdown work.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well for what it's worth, bulking up is not the answer.

On a serious note, we should be taking notice of the Force's breakdown work.

Unless they bulk up cardiac-wise, and I'm not talking V02 Max. The Force of late have been the exception, I agree.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Do the Waratahs have the worst fans in Super Rugby? Yep I think so. I don't think the crowd ever boo'ed the Reds during their poor seasons.

Great night for the Reds, and thanks for highlighting the work that needs to be done to beat the Cheetahs next week. ;)
I can remember Booing the Reds off at half time a couple of years ago!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
That was tongue in cheek, Gnostic...

Yes I know, I have no humour in me ATM. 22 players deserve to be strung up and flogged for that disgrace. Some senior players have really ended their careers with this game and we will not see them next year, and I think they will even struggle to get overseas offers. The fact is that as individuals such performances are not out of the ordinary for some of these players, they never put all their crap performances together as a unit in such a manner. Even the record loss against the Crusaders was a better performance than this. There is nothing at all that was good about the Waratahs tonight.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
VRYSTAAT! Well played by the big Dutch okes.

And to think Qld got smashed by this rabble.

You'd have to be unhappy with the turn out at the SFS tonight, I doubt they would've filled Coogee Oval. An embarrassment to NSW rugby.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
What can you say? I think booing suggests a performance like that deserves something other than silent disgust. It doesn't.

Beaten in every facet.

I would note, for all its irrelevance, that the ref was awful tonight. The Tahs got screwed, especially on the offsides and one-pass penalty advantages. Not that they deserved any better, but the ref was the only thing as shit as the Tahs tonight.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
What can you say? I think booing suggests a performance like that deserves something other than silent disgust. It doesn't.

Beaten in every facet.

I would note, for all its irrelevance, that the ref was awful tonight. The Tahs got screwed, especially on the offsides and one-pass penalty advantages. Not that they deserved any better, but the ref was the only thing as shit as the Tahs tonight.
I thought the ref was fine. I am still unconvinced the last Cheetahs try was legit with the crawling and all, but so what? The one habit he had that annoyed me a bit was the constant talk to players (mainly the Cheetahs) to get back onside, often 2 or 3 times at each breakdown. At some point, he probably could have penalised them to make the point stick! Also a bit lax getting players to get the hell out of the breakdown with a lot of lying about. He had a fair game I reckon.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Tatafu: Sorry about that mate.
Me: Just proved how much we need you out there.
Taf: Its not a one man team
Me: Then why do we play like it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.